Login

russian armor

Will there ever be balance?

16 Dec 2015, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 09:35 AMBlalord

Grey Goo balanced ? i dont know if you played at the start of the game, but it wasnt, and if you launch an unknown franchise at 60 Euros without balance, without replay, with bugs, ladder exploit, you can expect your game die in silence quickly, as he perfectly did

I'm not talking about start of it, I'm talking about current state.
Even SC2 wasn't as perfect at start as some people claim, so I try to not talk about releases.

If bad start would be indicator of games future, CoH2 would have to be shut down ages ago.
Hell, 50% of AAA games in last three years would have to go that path.
16 Dec 2015, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 09:39 AMKatitof

I'm not talking about start of it, I'm talking about current state.
Even SC2 wasn't as perfect at start as some people claim, so I try to not talk about releases.

If bad start would be indicator of games future, CoH2 would have to be shut down ages ago.
Hell, 50% of AAA games in last three years would have to go that path.

You cant compare Blizzard with Petroglyph or Reliq, when Blizzard found a bug/exploit (or community), it patch in a few days, Breaking bugs are fixed in a day generally, in coh2 we had, for example, unlimited Range Vet 1 Vickers, and Sherman shooting with main gun faster than a minigun for weeks, Tiger ACE at launch, loled.
When Riot found bugs on hero or items, they disable this hero or item, while they fix the damn bug.
In Coh2, tournament hoster have to BAN some COMMANDERS and some UNITS cause Reliq as no reaction.

E-sport games key word is REACTION, COMMUNICATION

We have to create threads to find ninja changes, LOLED ( RIP Cruzzy. )
16 Dec 2015, 10:00 AM

Relic don't have the manpower.
16 Dec 2015, 10:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 09:11 AMKatitof

It doesn't make your argument any less irrelevant you know.

I gave you an example that screams against this call of yours that balance is #1 factor for games popularity.

what i said is that in the spheres of OP balance issues dont really matter and if he played better all of this wouldnt be a problem.
16 Dec 2015, 12:25 PM

There will never be balance while there are Schreck blobs
16 Dec 2015, 12:34 PM
Donator 11

Funny thing is that the more imballanced the patch is the more players seem to play the game and the more active community is. This site looked almost dead every time the game was ballanced.
16 Dec 2015, 13:33 PM

Funny thing is that the more imballanced the patch is the more players seem to play the game and the more active community is. This site looked almost dead every time the game was ballanced.

Hmm, not really
16 Dec 2015, 13:47 PM

Will there ever be balance? I don't understand why they can't make small nerfs and buffs till they get the right amount. Right now it feels like all relic is trying to do is buff a faction or commander to oblivion and hope it sells.

You have already answered the question. Those who think that Relic are a couple of idiots who cant balance the game are wrong. 1 Money. 2 Balance. Its all in the gameplan.
16 Dec 2015, 15:16 PM
Donator 11

No money, no balance, coh2 is a dead end
16 Dec 2015, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 08:38 AMPlaguer
The problem isn't relic, it's the community since this games forums are fanboys fighting the other fanboys and the ultimate fanboys tend to over react the smallest nerfs/buffs to units, for example the centaur nerfs, it was obviously batshit op, it got nerfed to make it not instawipe squads, and everyone stopped using them because they're "bad"

Lelic should create a collect a small group of elite players to discuss the balance for each gamemode, but still listen to the rest of the community, not including 40k 4v4 axis/allies fanboys etc.

This is his exact point the centuar was op allied players will agree, then they over nerfed it instead of making subtle changes. Now its almost never worth going when you can get the cromwell. IMO because of the speed nerf when just dps nerf was needed.

Last patch they could of simply just buffed volks and went from there instead they had to completely change dynamics they were designed around which fucked pop cost, mp cost, fuel , munitions and so on then realized all those things will have to be redone now too.

And not nerfed UKF further when no one was really asking for it and when they over nerfed the wasp and centuar.
16 Dec 2015, 18:03 PM

I always thought when it comes to balance only top 50 (maybe top 100) can talk about that. Other players lack some game aspects andthey should learn first (I´m not saying they cannot ballance , but if the game is balanced in best condition it must be balanced in even worse conditions and there should win that guy who play better).

Also I think everything need to be bit different in all game modes.

First start with no resource sharing caches and 5 VPs for 3v3 and 4v4.

Other players should visit forum to learn about game , get better , have fun , read some funny post , once again learn and see some good casts / funny videos.

They should not balance game and say somethig about OPKW even if they havent played dacember patch prewiev (humanity loves to share their opinions about stuff they have no clue about)

16 Dec 2015, 18:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 10:00 AMSwift
Relic don't have the manpower.

So Relic is usfusf USA usfusf.
16 Dec 2015, 18:29 PM

Short Answer: No
16 Dec 2015, 19:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 07:25 AMJohnnyB

Well, at least this is your opinion.

Besides 2v2, it was pretty balanced.
Pretty equal on 3v3 and 4v4.
On 1v1, OH had a 4-8% and OKW a 6-10% W/L with the other factions. USF was at the top, but would love to see what would had happened if they just nerfed Rifle company.

I always thought when it comes to balance only top 50 (maybe top 100) can talk about that. Other players lack some game aspects and they should learn first (I´m not saying they cannot ballance , but if the game is balanced in best condition it must be balanced in even worse conditions and there should win that guy who play better).

Also I think everything need to be bit different in all game modes.

First start with no resource sharing caches and 5 VPs for 3v3 and 4v4.

There's balance problems and ease of use tactics. Units performance should be balanced according to their intended use but performance according to easiness of use should also matter as this affects the whole population of players.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★