Login

russian armor

Will there ever be balance?

16 Dec 2015, 06:16 AM

Will there ever be balance? I don't understand why they can't make small nerfs and buffs till they get the right amount. Right now it feels like all relic is trying to do is buff a faction or commander to oblivion and hope it sells.
16 Dec 2015, 06:36 AM

Permanently Banned
That'd require actually knowing the game well enough to fix all the useless stuff. Hopefully the game will be fixed by 2018 when relic drops the game.
16 Dec 2015, 06:43 AM

Relic likes to balance using a sledgehammer. This is because Relic cannot make subtle adjustments. It is unknown why small tweaks are not possible. Some claim lack of organisation, others claim it would not be a radical enough change. The prevailing theory is that Relic as a whole is an entity that feeds on threads like this.

Seriously though they're trying... I just think they try to change things based on players hyperboles. Take the following example:

What they say:OMG OKW ARE SHIT THEY CAN'T STAND UP TO TOMMY UBERCRUMPET!!
What they mean: I think a few units of the Brits are too strong such as the AA units. The Infantry are fine but the buff to their cost is too much 30mp sounds about right.
How Relic Interprets it Oh damn people are going to think that we deliberately made the Brits OP. We better nerf them hard before this massive forum backlash gets worse. Well we won't have time to look at everything and test it for an extended periods with both casual and skilled players. So super nerf it to be sure.

The result is thread like this, this causes a feedback loop.

Brits OP Nerf em > Brits nerfed too much so buff them > Brits were never the issue it was OKW so buff them but don't rebuff the brits just in case! > Ok now we can buff the Brits. > Turns out it we overbuffed the OKW time to nerf em (were we are now) > Oh boy, looks like UKF are actually OP because of their synergy with the USF.

This will constantly happen. We just need to accept it.
16 Dec 2015, 07:21 AM

Last patch was nearly ballanced for 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4
16 Dec 2015, 07:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 07:21 AMAradan
Last patch was nearly ballanced for 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4

Well, at least this is your opinion.
16 Dec 2015, 08:07 AM

*looks at coh1 and its current balance*

No.

Next thread.
16 Dec 2015, 08:28 AM

oh my god

really, balance stuff margins decide games maybe in absolute head2head top50 games

all other stuff is l2p.

but instead of asking yourself what you did wrong and how you could improve your strats and gameplay you're annoying otehr people in this forum because your old lamer strats don't work anymore

assuming you re a 4v4 hero (playercard pls), i suggest you play 1v1 and get better.
this will make you win more games automatically and you dont have to make pointless threads like these
16 Dec 2015, 08:36 AM

Relic likes to balance using a sledgehammer. This is because Relic cannot make subtle adjustments. It is unknown why small tweaks are not possible. Some claim lack of organisation, others claim it would not be a radical enough change. The prevailing theory is that Relic as a whole is an entity that feeds on threads like this.

Seriously though they're trying... I just think they try to change things based on players hyperboles. Take the following example:

What they say:OMG OKW ARE SHIT THEY CAN'T STAND UP TO TOMMY UBERCRUMPET!!
What they mean: I think a few units of the Brits are too strong such as the AA units. The Infantry are fine but the buff to their cost is too much 30mp sounds about right.
How Relic Interprets it Oh damn people are going to think that we deliberately made the Brits OP. We better nerf them hard before this massive forum backlash gets worse. Well we won't have time to look at everything and test it for an extended periods with both casual and skilled players. So super nerf it to be sure.

The result is thread like this, this causes a feedback loop.

Brits OP Nerf em > Brits nerfed too much so buff them > Brits were never the issue it was OKW so buff them but don't rebuff the brits just in case! > Ok now we can buff the Brits. > Turns out it we overbuffed the OKW time to nerf em (were we are now) > Oh boy, looks like UKF are actually OP because of their synergy with the USF.

This will constantly happen. We just need to accept it.

This exact thing, w ell explained!
16 Dec 2015, 08:38 AM

The problem isn't relic, it's the community since this games forums are fanboys fighting the other fanboys and the ultimate fanboys tend to over react the smallest nerfs/buffs to units, for example the centaur nerfs, it was obviously batshit op, it got nerfed to make it not instawipe squads, and everyone stopped using them because they're "bad"

Lelic should create a collect a small group of elite players to discuss the balance for each gamemode, but still listen to the rest of the community, not including 40k 4v4 axis/allies fanboys etc.
16 Dec 2015, 08:40 AM

oh my god

really, balance stuff margins decide games maybe in absolute head2head top50 games

Like Grey Goo for example?
Or DoW1?

One have great balance and almost no one plays it, another one was never balanced and got lots of fame.
16 Dec 2015, 08:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 08:40 AMKatitof

Like Grey Goo for example?
Or DoW1?

One have great balance and almost no one plays it, another one was never balanced and got lots of fame.

did i ever mention those games?

is this site called DOW1GOO.org ?
16 Dec 2015, 09:03 AM

It's as much about maps as unit stats. The way the factions interact with the map through capping units, emplacements, forward retreat points etc. is so different. When there were only two factions this wasn't such an issue but now that we have 5 it's impossible to balance every faction match-up on every map.

One aspect of balance often overlooked is micro requirements. The more micro a unit requires, the less attention you have to pay to other units. While this is a more obvious issue for new players it is relevant even for top-tier players.

As for 3v3 and 4v4 where late game is more important those game modes will forever favour those certain factions with a stronger late game.
16 Dec 2015, 09:05 AM

The game was at times(one or two) very close to a good balance.
But with Relic releasing new (untested and OP) Armies and new (untested and OP) DLC commanders, the fu@%^& up the balance again and again and again.
This is going on since release.

This is the balance progress from Relic,

One step forward, two steps back
16 Dec 2015, 09:11 AM

did i ever mention those games?

is this site called DOW1GOO.org ?

It doesn't make your argument any less irrelevant you know.

I gave you an example that screams against this call of yours that balance is #1 factor for games popularity.
16 Dec 2015, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 09:11 AMKatitof

It doesn't make your argument any less irrelevant you know.

I gave you an example that screams against this call of yours that balance is #1 factor for games popularity.

Balance impact fun, a lot, and it kills E-sport, E-sport bring a lot of people.

i dont understand, or you said that Grey Goo or Dow1 were balanced ?
16 Dec 2015, 09:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 09:18 AMBlalord

Balance impact fun, a lot, and it kills E-sport, E-sport bring a lot of people.

i dont understand, or you said that Grey Goo or Dow1 were balanced ?

His argument was that balance is all that matters, mine was, its just one of few equally important factors.

Grey goo is balanced, but its really unpopular.
DoW1 was as imbalanced as it can get (necrons, TAU and IG anyone?).

Balance is obviously very important factor, but balance alone isn't enough for a game to succeed.

In regards to CoH2, we can be happy, because we already have other factors there, which is fun from playing and watching the game as well as slowly, but growing community.

If only new content updates(aka new armies) didn't completely break the balance for the next 8-12 months, it would be perfect.
16 Dec 2015, 09:32 AM

Permanently Banned
Pls, relic will be do not hear elite players, coz many of tham have a very big different opinions about it, its be fight inside this players where there playercards will bee not arguments like here :D (that are so fanny, tahy write about game mods and thay dont have proof about its).
Relic lost chance to use players, just look in alpha, in all apha people write about 60-90 % problems and what relic do, thay dont listen tham.
16 Dec 2015, 09:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 09:24 AMKatitof

His argument was that balance is all that matters, mine was, its just one of few equally important factors.

Grey goo is balanced, but its really unpopular.
DoW1 was as imbalanced as it can get (necrons, TAU and IG anyone?).

Balance is obviously very important factor, but balance alone isn't enough for a game to succeed.

In regards to CoH2, we can be happy, because we already have other factors there, which is fun from playing and watching the game as well as slowly, but growing community.

If only new content updates(aka new armies) didn't completely break the balance for the next 8-12 months, it would be perfect.

Grey Goo balanced ? i dont know if you played at the start of the game, but it wasnt, and if you launch an unknown franchise at 60 Euros without balance, without replay, with bugs, ladder exploit, you can expect your game die in silence quickly, as he perfectly did

7000 peak players today, (it includes solo player content ), after 2.5 years, i dont think coh2 will ever be an E-sport game, even if i wanted hard
16 Dec 2015, 09:39 AM
Donator 11

It's as much about maps as unit stats. [...]
As for 3v3 and 4v4 where late game is more important those game modes will forever favour those certain factions with a stronger late game.

I agree that it is also about maps. My opinion is that they should always try to balance the 1vs1 first.

One of the problems in 4vs4 is the high fuel income, because it brings the heavy tanks out too fast and it doesn't encourage to unit preservation. That problem could be solved with better automatch maps. For example maps with less or even without fuelpoints, then the 4vs4 could be more like 1vs1 in bringing out the heavy tanks later.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★