Login

russian armor

BUG: Please remove the pathing change

aaa
16 Jan 2016, 01:47 AM

New pathing is the best thing ever. Keep it as is for balance sake. I would like to see more of this kind with infantry as well.
For instance retreat button can randomly restart PС. So noobs will use reteats more carefully.
16 Jan 2016, 02:36 AM
Patrion 15

I agree, this wasn't a pathfinding fix at all. Most of the path fiding issues are map related, with the biggest offender being those god damn capture point flag poles. Why those things need to be a world object is beyond me. Just remove the damn things or make vehicles able to drive through them.

It's already been done in a mod,(among other fantastic changes in this mod, seriously just implement all of these already.) and would easily fix so many of the frustrating pathing issues in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqOdBLTKmoU&feature=youtu.be&t=147

The Pathing change won't be reverted, but making improvements to the Pathing is being looked at. I don't have an ETA, Sorry.

Glorious, this change only took more control AWAY from the players, under the assumption that they were too terrible at the game to press the reverse hotkey before issuing a move command. Way to completely miss the real problem guys.
16 Jan 2016, 03:30 AM
Patrion 27

I agree, this wasn't a pathfinding fix at all. Most of the path fiding issues are map related, with the biggest offender being those god damn capture point flag poles. Why those things need to be a world object is beyond me. Just remove the damn things or make vehicles able to drive through them.

It's already been done in a mod,(among other fantastic changes in this mod, seriously just implement all of these already.) and would easily fix so many of the frustrating pathing issues in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqOdBLTKmoU&feature=youtu.be&t=147

Glorious, this change only took more control AWAY from the players, under the assumption that they were too terrible at the game to press the reverse hotkey before issuing a move command. Way to completely miss the real problem guys.

How DARE you imply that a player could improve COH2?! Relic doesn't make mistakes.
16 Jan 2016, 07:54 AM

The new pathing change was a step in the right direction (it helps reduce traffic jams). However, there is no denying that it still needs some refinement.

Here are some ideas that might help:
  • When the player gives a move-facing command (hold right-click), the vehicles should first rotate before moving
  • Reduce the no-rotation distance from 50-ish to something smaller (e.g. 30-ish)
  • When the player uses an attack-move command, again, the same
  • Only use the new pathing when multiple vehicles are selected at the same time

Of course, you can try a combination of all those ideas. This will preserve the benefits of the new pathing, while giving micro-capable players more consistent vehicle behaviour.
16 Jan 2016, 08:18 AM

+1, at first it sounds good but in practice it's more annoying then it could be
16 Jan 2016, 11:09 AM

i dont know how this is some improvement anyways.. you dont have to push a hotkey anymore, oh wow...
16 Jan 2016, 11:36 AM

A bit offtop, but a thing that might improve pathing a lot is making flagpoles transparent. (These big sticks on the middle of cap points)
16 Jan 2016, 14:58 PM

+1 revert pls.

Also, any enemy tank should not be able to phase through your tanks and vice-versa. If I block a vehicle in I don't expect it to simply yolo through my tank to freedom.
16 Jan 2016, 16:42 PM

The Pathing change won't be reverted, but making improvements to the Pathing is being looked at. I don't have an ETA, Sorry.

Could the improvement please be back to what it used to be? It used to be simple, if a wanted a vehicle to move forward to a target, I just clicked there. Reverse was simple also, grid keys "r" and a click. Now if I'm not careful, armor goes into battle backwards, hitting "r" causes the vehicle to waddle before backing out of a battle, often causing it to be lost. If there's any consolation, it's that a lot of other people are having the same problem.
16 Jan 2016, 18:25 PM

In my opinion, the previous system was better. Whether the pathing changes should be reverted or improvements should be made on the new one is up to Relic, but microing vehicles can sometimes be quite the pain in the ass currently.
16 Jan 2016, 18:56 PM

:hansGG: new pathing sucks. i wonder who tested it and approved it :brad:
16 Jan 2016, 20:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 18:56 PMDAZ187
:hansGG: new pathing sucks. i wonder who tested it and approved it :brad:

This.
16 Jan 2016, 20:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2016, 14:58 PMGrim
Also, any enemy tank should not be able to phase through your tanks and vice-versa. If I block a vehicle in I don't expect it to simply yolo through my tank to freedom.

Ugg, +1 on this too. Particularly annoying when you're behind a turretless tank that should have to fully rotate to bring it's gun to bear but instead just backs through you and is shooting again in seconds.

DW
16 Jan 2016, 21:30 PM

Revert the pathfinding and revert the fucking auto-cover movement of units too. Seriously, can you make a game less rewarding of skill?
18 Jan 2016, 05:39 AM

Agreed. Revert the new pathing.
1 Feb 2016, 17:53 PM

1 Feb 2016, 18:05 PM
Donator 11

Guys why? This change has no benefits to it and it screws the game terribly. Just revert this one and call it a day, players will be really happy about this.

You can also think of adding a setting that turns this new "feature" on and off.

Or if you need to keep the undeterministic way of how tanks move to position, at least give us a hotkey for forced forward movement, just like we have one for forced reverse move.

I play a lot less since that change dropped, even though I love the game overall. And I guess I'm not the only one...
3 of 4 Relic postsRelic 1 Feb 2016, 19:40 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Guys why? This change has no benefits to it and it screws the game terribly. Just revert this one and call it a day, players will be really happy about this.

You can also think of adding a setting that turns this new "feature" on and off.

Or if you need to keep the undeterministic way of how tanks move to position, at least give us a hotkey for forced forward movement, just like we have one for forced reverse move.

I play a lot less since that change dropped, even though I love the game overall. And I guess I'm not the only one...

Pathing improvements are still being worked on and we're hoping to get it into the Feb Patch.
2 Feb 2016, 13:20 PM

The best example of this happened to me when an arriving universal carrier made a U-turn just before coming to map in Arnhem north and then moonwalked reversed in.
2 Feb 2016, 14:00 PM

I cant ram if my T34/76 goes backwards
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 34
South Africa 1
Germany 729

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L