Login

russian armor

cohdb - CoH2 replay analysis and statistics

12 Dec 2015, 08:27 AM
Coder Red Badge

Hey guys!

I'm very excited to finally reveal cohdb, a project I've been working on for the past few months. cohdb is my adaptation, and extension, of the traditional Company of Heroes replay analyzer as a web-based service and aggregator. In its current, extremely basic form, cohdb consists of a quick and mostly feature-complete replay parser and browser-based interface. Though fairly simple right now, my intention is to extend cohdb in the future in order to provide statistics aggregation and analysis for individual players and organizations running tournaments and other events. The current site is what I believe to be the most basic tool that is still useful for general use.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think. I'll be checking this thread often, so please post any comments, feature requests, or bugs/errors here. I'll also be keeping this thread updated as I work on the site over the coming weeks and months. Keep in mind, however, that the current iteration of the site is a beta and is subject to change, and that on rare occasions data may be lost as a result of restructuring or redevelopment.

Special thanks to Seb, Janne252, and pingtoft for their technical support, primarily with the replay parser. The parser code is open-source, and can be found on GitHub if you're curious about that sort of thing.

UPDATE: cohdb is now open source! You can find the entire codebase at https://github.com/cohdb/

Known Issues
  • Some structures and abilities are not being parsed correctly. If anyone has insight on this I'd love to hear from you!
  • Colour scheme on the filters view is less than ideal.

12 Dec 2015, 09:19 AM

Looks cool :)

What "CPM Items" means? Commands Per Minute?
12 Dec 2015, 10:30 AM
Donator 11

Cool tool! Thanks.
12 Dec 2015, 10:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 09:19 AMtofu
Looks cool :)

What "CPM Items" means? Commands Per Minute?

clicks.

great, thanks Inverse.
12 Dec 2015, 10:52 AM
Patrion 14

so i am assuming that the data on official ladder "recently played games" tab and other data types as well if i read correctly?

looks great though. easy to use and stuff.

love clicking on names to get to playercard pages.

12 Dec 2015, 11:06 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Neat job! Easy to use! :thumb:
12 Dec 2015, 11:38 AM
12 Dec 2015, 12:52 PM

Very nice work !:crazy:

I don't understand exactly what "clicks per minutes" mean.

Is this some sort of skill information ?

Not exactly. To send your tank backwards you can make 1 click, or, if you are nervous person, you can click 18 times.
12 Dec 2015, 12:59 PM

Not exactly. To send your tank
backwards you can make 1 click, or, if you are nervous person, you can click 18 times.

True.

I think the biggest part of micro is ability to micro many units at once and making a lot effective actions per minute (telling first tank to flank , second to back , up hile you tell 2 infantry to trow greande , second one to move to nw point , pio to plant mines and 2 infantry units to hop inside building and last infantry to hop out because you noticed a grenades is coming).

If you have good APM in high number your porbalby good player.

If you make a lot unneeded actions you only tire yourself thust leaving vunurable to multiple counteractions.

Creating good useful APM is hard and need a lot practice (I lack them too).

So this number does not translate into player skill , it can be only some part of his skill if he use it properly
12 Dec 2015, 13:17 PM

So beautiful site!
:)
12 Dec 2015, 14:33 PM

I own some realy old replays:

Version must be 19545 (UKF release) or higher.

Older replays are not possible?

12 Dec 2015, 14:41 PM

12 Dec 2015, 14:44 PM
Patrion 14

I like it but i do prefer a offline version since i don´t want to upload a replay everytime.
12 Dec 2015, 15:02 PM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 14:33 PMLeodot
I own some realy old replays:

Version must be 19545 (UKF release) or higher.

Older replays are not possible?

The replay format has changed a lot since release, and it would have been too much work to ensure backward compatibility before the UKF release unfortunately.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 14:44 PMFanatic
I like it but i do prefer a offline version since i don´t want to upload a replay everytime.

Me too, and I'm eventually going to get around to writing an offline version that links in with the online one. The main reason I decided to make it web-based is because the ultimate goal is for every player to have his or her own homepage where you have a history of every single replay you've uploaded and an aggregation of your stats over time. What's there right now is an extremely basic, minimally functional skeleton of a utility that will be fleshed out over time, and hopefully provide more overall value than the traditional standalone analyzer.
12 Dec 2015, 15:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2015, 15:02 PMInverse

The replay format has changed a lot since release, and it would have been too much work to ensure backward compatibility before the UKF release unfortunately.

Me too, and I'm eventually going to get around to writing an offline version that links in with the online one. The main reason I decided to make it web-based is because the ultimate goal is for every player to have his or her own homepage where you have a history of every single replay you've uploaded and an aggregation of your stats over time. What's there right now is an extremely basic, minimally functional skeleton of a utility that will be fleshed out over time, and hopefully provide more overall value than the traditional standalone analyzer.

That would be really awesome.

One question about the CPM feature: I think some of the old replay analyzers measured the commands given instead of actual clicks. So if you sent 5 Squads somewhere with 1 click it would be counted as 5 clicks. Does it still work that way ?
12 Dec 2015, 15:17 PM
Coder Red Badge

Yep, there's no way to get around that unfortunately because CoH replays only store commands, not clicks. That's why it's called CPM instead of APM; APM implies physical actions per minute while CPM is commands per minute. Not as useful a metric, but still gives a general idea about speed. Eventually there will be a summary of all commands given by each player, including how many were grouped move commands. This should give a better idea of the legitimacy of a player's CPM reading.
12 Dec 2015, 15:38 PM
Benefactor 355

Great tool, I thought you would never do anything for coh2.
I am supposing you use the same replay parser as .org? Will you be releasing tool updates for every single parser change?
12 Dec 2015, 15:40 PM

12 Dec 2015, 15:44 PM
Coder Red Badge

Yep, I wrote the parser and both sites use the same code so they'll both be updated as things change. The format has been pretty stable for the last little while, I don't expect many major breaking changes. Most of the updates to the parser will be to improve command parsing for commands that I either don't fully understand right now or am not pulling all possible information from.
12 Dec 2015, 15:44 PM

Thank you - it's really interesting to see what this shows after a team game or to compare my CPM's across different game modes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★