Login

russian armor

RE changes

11 Dec 2015, 09:45 AM
Patrion 15

Hi all,

I'm really missing the old Rear Echelons. A nice cheap unit with a lot of flexibility for re-crewing weapons, grabbing map control, replacing losses, swapping with vehicle crews etc.

I've found a lot of my less rifleman heavy strats are no longer viable now, and swapping them out for vehicle crews very inefficient now. My perception is that the increase in combat performance is barely noticeable, but the increase in cost really bites.

Is this just me? I do kind of underestand the changes - before they were cheaper than pios and CE's, and with the new commander cheap flamethrower blobs were a big risk - but it just seems they've been priced out of their role.

How are you using them? Same as before or a bit more sparingly?
Have your strats with them been shut down, or have new ones opened up?
What do you think of their new combat performance?

Help me #adapt
11 Dec 2015, 09:58 AM

Hello.

I rarely/never build a second one now unless flamers are in question. I prefer to concentrate on massing Rifleman and that suits me as i think it fits more the thema of USF and add more flanking impact.
Actually i use RE now as i use engineer : capper and support and give them a weapon later.

Kozo.
11 Dec 2015, 11:40 AM

I'm using them as sweepers and back up forces.

I thow em in buildings and use suppressive fire against everything except MP44 troops in which case I just run.

Overall the unit is a bit pricey for what it does and it's best to avoid using in in combat unless it is supported by riflemen.
11 Dec 2015, 12:14 PM

it was a great change.
I give them Bars and use them as Fire Team. Rifles with nades are my attack team

good synergy
14 Dec 2015, 18:18 PM

Now would be a good time to look at Volley Fire and add some form of scaling with the ability at either Vet 2 or 3 such as a reduction in delay before Volley Fire Suppression kicks in.
23 Dec 2015, 14:42 PM

Yeah volly fire is useless at moment, too be honest i dont think ive seen it actually work in a long time and is just a waist of munitions
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 56

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight