Login

russian armor

Luchs

PAGES (7)down
11 Dec 2015, 00:01 AM

What does everyone think about the luchs coming out earlier now? I like the vehicle but im not sure the timing for it is balanced. Seems to come out a bit faster than most light tanks.

11 Dec 2015, 00:21 AM

theres several trade offs for going mechanized, the most important being you lose healing until you get vet 1 sturms or vet 3 volks. losing healing is actually a pretty big deal since its harder for you to stop manpower bleed.

you also kinda devote a lot of resources in vehicles, which are countered by zooks, mines, at guns, guards, etc, so if your investment fails, youre in a really bad spot. also delays obers and mediums.
11 Dec 2015, 00:22 AM

I think it is fine.
It is one of the tactic OKW has. He is delaying his tanks and healing HQ because of luchs. Kill luchs and you will punish him. Luchs makes you bleed not like t70 vs Ostheer wipe wipe ..
11 Dec 2015, 00:53 AM

Fuel for first Luchs: 120
Fuel for first Stuart: 115

If the Luchs comes out too early, so does the Stuart.
11 Dec 2015, 00:59 AM
Patrion 14

I'm fine with the luchs. The only issue it has imo is its durability. It should have 320hp like the t70. This would make it less able to solo the single at gun a player would have gotten preparing for it.

Maybe give it a similar mechanic to the t70, allowing it to survive a second shot by disabling it's weapon.

And before someone says "but stuart," I would like to point out that the stuart needs the extra hp because it's role is close to that of a puma (400hp) than that of a luchs/t70. The stuart's primary role is as an anti-light vehicle unit.
11 Dec 2015, 01:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

And before someone says "but stuart," I would like to point out that the stuart needs the extra hp because it's role is close to that of a puma (400hp) than that of a luchs/t70. The stuart's primary role is as an anti-light vehicle unit.

Also because it was at 320 HP and back then it was kinda trash...granted, it received other buffs as well.
11 Dec 2015, 01:11 AM

No player get's a stuart out to counter a 222. The stuart was and is seen pretty much as a shock unit against infantry in every game. It's indeed hybrid but to say it's role like the AEC, puma or m10 is far fetched, since it has excellent AI abilities unlike those units mentioned.
11 Dec 2015, 02:04 AM

the problem isn't the fast luch per say. Right now the OKW is probably as good as the soviet and USF in regard to the mid-early game, and there's nothing wrong with that.

The problem is the fact the OKW retain their amazing late game despite their (deserved) buff to early game.

Early game is no longer the domain of the soviet or the USF, but OKW stil dominate the late game pretty well.
11 Dec 2015, 02:04 AM
Patrion 14

No player get's a stuart out to counter a 222. The stuart was and is seen pretty much as a shock unit against infantry in every game. It's indeed hybrid but to say it's role like the AEC, puma or m10 is far fetched, since it has excellent AI abilities unlike those units mentioned.

It still has nowhere near the anti infantry shock value of a T70 or luchs, which can wipe a squad much more quickly and hunt them fown on retreat more effectively.

While people don't buy a stuart to counter a 222, they absolutely do buy it to counter a fht, puma, luchs, ht, or stuka. It is meant to go a lot deeper to fulfill it's roles than a T70 or a luchs, as it's abilities show.

The luchs doesn't need the extra hp to fulfill it's roles, and can make do with micro like the t70 does. It needed it before because of how late it hit, but now it hits with every other light vehicle.

Also, as a side note, the okw has much better supporting at for the luchs than a T70 has, so it's not like the hp is needed to help it survive diving tanks. If the luchs needs 400hp, so does the t70.
11 Dec 2015, 02:21 AM

Permanently Banned

I

The luchs doesn't need the extra hp to fulfill it's roles, and can make do with micro like the t70 does. It needed it before because of how late it hit, but now it hits with every other light vehicle.

Then why does the stuart need 400 hp? Its not like its threatened by any light vehicles aside from puma.
11 Dec 2015, 02:24 AM
Patrion 14

Then why does the stuart need 400 hp? Its not like its threatened by any light vehicles aside from puma.

Because it is more at focused and needs to dive behind enemy lines to hunt light vehicles. It says right there in the rest of the post.

Though I do personally believe the stuart should get a 10 fuel price nerf.
11 Dec 2015, 02:25 AM

Permanently Banned

Because it is more at focused and needs to dive behind enemy lines to hunt light vehicles. It says right there in the rest of the post.

Though I do personally believe the stuart should get a 10 fuel price nerf.

No, its fine. Supposedly making have to dive behind enemy lines more isn't an argument. It hands down beats lcuhs and other light vehicles and can hurt infantry, comes in a tier with free dual bazooka squad. Theres no logical reasoning that stuart needs special rights just because you want to nerf luchs.
11 Dec 2015, 02:42 AM

I'm fine with the luchs. The only issue it has imo is its durability. It should have 320hp like the t70. This would make it less able to solo the single at gun a player would have gotten preparing for it.

Maybe give it a similar mechanic to the t70, allowing it to survive a second shot by disabling it's weapon.

alright, let's nerf stuarts AI then if it's meant as AT, right?

the problem isn't the fast luch per say. Right now the OKW is probably as good as the soviet and USF in regard to the mid-early game, and there's nothing wrong with that.

The problem is the fact the OKW retain their amazing late game despite their (deserved) buff to early game.

Early game is no longer the domain of the soviet or the USF, but OKW stil dominate the late game pretty well.

Sorry for being a grammar nazi, but this one just grinds my gears...

also, reading this entire thread you'd think there is no ostheer in this game.
aaa
11 Dec 2015, 02:48 AM

okw is a faction for idiots. All the previous noob whine "okw needs overhaul" - enjoy free wins that s what they wanted.

redicolous infantry buff. Sturmpios is like a pile of shit in the beginning. If squads are shooting at it it doesnt care. It can stand for hour in green cover, denying any advance.

Patch for idiots.
11 Dec 2015, 02:56 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

No, its fine. Supposedly making have to dive behind enemy lines more isn't an argument. It hands down beats lcuhs and other light vehicles and can hurt infantry, comes in a tier with free dual bazooka squad. Theres no logical reasoning that stuart needs special rights just because you want to nerf luchs.

It was trash before it got buffs including 400 health and I'd strongly suspect it'd be trash again by reverting the 400 health. Nerfing Stuart if necessary would be far better done by other means.
aaa
11 Dec 2015, 02:57 AM

just Played vs uknown legend on his stream. He lost 2 kubel in the beginning. And that doesnt gave me slightest advantage. If I lose single unit in the begining its game over right on the spot.
This noob lost 2 and it doesnt hurt his ability to spam shit non stop.

thats why you fail lelic. perfectlty deserved. Just allow cheats for okw and germs in general.

11 Dec 2015, 02:59 AM

Luchs hold fire is bugged, the mg fires regardless while we're at it.
11 Dec 2015, 03:57 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Imagine if P2 had JPIV cloaking capabilities. Ultimate troll unit.

The P2 ain't like it was some months ago. AI is steady and doesn't burst as the T70 main gun. It also is less mobile and lacks scouting capabilities nor autorepair (which should be fixed on the T70 to +100 heal instead of 94).
11 Dec 2015, 04:17 AM

Luchs is broken vs brits

1:easily flanks brits single At gun (Lol brits have no longer have an AT snare) and can take three hits
2:completely rapes Brit AT sniper
3:comes out earlier than Stuart (despite being way more of a shock unit) as OKW don't need to sink fuel on nades or shreks and don't need 15 fuel for the kubel

literally anyone defending this current match up is either high or a wehraboo
11 Dec 2015, 04:26 AM

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W