Login

russian armor

OKW is completely out of control

PAGES (12)down
10 Dec 2015, 04:30 AM
10 Dec 2015, 09:13 AM

So the answer is fight blob with blob? Cuz the usual 3-4 rifleman build can not cut down that megablob, not to mention if the guy got Sturm officer or that blob is under command Pz4's buff, the result would not be pretty for Allied player.

See this is the problem with allied players. you just rely on cookie cutter builds to win and have no strategy of your own. if he has 10 volks with shreks the least you can do is build 10 rifles/IS (when their popcap is fixed) or shocks/guards to counter it. supported with some mg's i would own this shitty strat quite easily.

But no this level of gameplay is to high for most players it seems. This also the reason why allied players are losing their shit at the moment: their cookie cutter build is not working because of the early luchs forcing them into early AT.

The okw has not changed much actually, But the 100% fuel income has ensured that fuckups against the okw is no longer possible. i have seen games in the past where allied players where losing tanks by the dozen and could still win. but now this is no longer possible. lose a tank because you went commando with it and you will get punished for it
10 Dec 2015, 09:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 09:13 AMZyllen

See this is the problem with allied players. you just rely on cookie cutter builds to win and have no strategy of your own. if he has 10 volks with shreks the least you can do is build 10 rifles/IS (when their popcap is fixed) or shocks/guards to counter it. supported with some mg's i would own this shitty strat quite easily.

And that is how we spot an axis exclusively fanboy who is completely detached from the reality of the game.

Please, post a replay of you not bleeding out like a pig using 10 IS/rifle build.
You can do it after pop cap fix, but I dare you to win with 6+ tommies or rifles against opponent who isn't potato.
Have you ever wondered who no one EVER builds more then 4 rifles? Even sprice.

But no this level of gameplay is to high for most players it seems. This also the reason why allied players are losing their shit at the moment: their cookie cutter build is not working because of the early luchs forcing them into early AT.

Its certainly too high for someone as self deluded as you.
Yes, there is a reason why allied players are losing-its called OKW over the top buffs.
But don't worry, they will be slaughtered by nerf bat next patch.

The okw has not changed much actually, But the 100% fuel income has ensured that fuckups against the okw is no longer possible. i have seen games in the past where allied players where losing tanks by the dozen and could still win. but now this is no longer possible. lose a tank because you went commando with it and you will get punished for it

OKW LOOKS have not changed.
The OKW have changed completely.
Not a single penalty applies, they still have all the benefits they had, they have easier teching, much easier time on replacing lost trucks, insta build, affordable KT, most cost efficient basic infantry that doesn't bleed much and now causes bleed as well.

Maybe you should update your game and play in online mode for some time before commenting?
Yes, this is coming from me.
10 Dec 2015, 10:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 09:13 AMZyllen

if he has 10 volks with shreks the least you can do is build 10 rifles/IS (when their popcap is fixed) or shocks/guards to counter it. supported with some mg's i would own this shitty strat quite easily.
Please tell me you are joking. You can't actually think that would work, do you? And you actually think you can build MGs after that. You must play a lot of OKW if you think any other faction can spam infantry like that.
10 Dec 2015, 10:53 AM

Actually since 4v4 is what he is talking about I was playing as ost and watched a USF player beat a OKW player late game with a 5-6 rifle blob (they mostly had zooks, only 2 squads had bars) The okw guy had 4 volks squads, 1 ober, and two sturms. The OKW blob always ended up retreating w/o vehicle support.
10 Dec 2015, 11:52 AM

Actually since 4v4 is what he is talking about I was playing as ost and watched a USF player beat a OKW player late game with a 5-6 rifle blob (they mostly had zooks, only 2 squads had bars) The okw guy had 4 volks squads, 1 ober, and two sturms. The OKW blob always ended up retreating w/o vehicle support.
Yeah but that isn't what he said. If he said 5-6 I wouldn't say anything. But 10 is a ridiculous number.
10 Dec 2015, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 09:20 AMKatitof

And that is how we spot an axis exclusively fanboy who is completely detached from the reality of the game.

Please, post a replay of you not bleeding out like a pig using 10 IS/rifle build.
You can do it after pop cap fix, but I dare you to win with 6+ tommies or rifles against opponent who isn't potato.
Have you ever wondered who no one EVER builds more then 4 rifles? Even sprice.

Bleeding out like a pig? tell me katitof how are you actually bleeding out like a pig when rifles have more AI better vet and weapon upgrades. perhaps it has something to do with the fact you are bad player perhaps?

And you just demonstrated why many allied players fail. Sprice doesnt use more then 4 rifles so it must work on everything. well guess what it doesn't work that way. in situation where you need more infantry based AI i use more rifles. But unlike you i can think for myself i guess. Have you even bothered to ask sprice himself what HE would do if encountered volks spam?

Not a single penalty applies, they still have all the benefits they had

oh really?

they have easier teching, much easier time on replacing lost trucks,

Really? trucks where free before and who ffs lost their trucks? their tech cost is basically the same as other factions even a bit more mp heavy then the aliied faction.

insta build, affordable KT,

You people are obsessed with the heavies. and the kt and heavies in general are not that good.

most cost efficient basic infantry that doesn't bleed much and now causes bleed as well.

Oh katitof you silly joker. VG's as an AT platform they are excellent as an AI platform they are horrible and putting them again upgraded IS or rifles and you will bleed mp badly. on top of that vet 4 and 5 is completely gutted
10 Dec 2015, 13:06 PM

Please tell me you are joking. You can't actually think that would work, do you? And you actually think you can build MGs after that. You must play a lot of OKW if you think any other faction can spam infantry like that.

why wouldn't mg's work? tell me. perhaps we can figure out where you fail to use you mg's properly.
10 Dec 2015, 13:36 PM

Yeah but that isn't what he said. If he said 5-6 I wouldn't say anything. But 10 is a ridiculous number.

If that guy has 10 volks squads..I say hello indirect of any kind. When I do play OKW I usually end up with 3-4 volks with shrecks and indirect counters them very well especially if I miss time a mass retreat. Before some guy yells spam. even in current patch I hate dealing with raktens agaisnt fast moving allied vehicles especially in conjunction with allied indirect.
10 Dec 2015, 13:41 PM

Zyllen, we are waiting for you to show us game with 12 IS/Rifles/Cons

I would add, no side-upgrades, since you know, OKW does not have one and I spent only... 30fuel (40-10starting) :megusta:

Wonder how you will deal with few tans :luvDerp:
10 Dec 2015, 14:58 PM

Zyllen, we are waiting for you to show us game with 12 IS/Rifles/Cons

I would add, no side-upgrades, since you know, OKW does not have one and I spent only... 30fuel (40-10starting) :megusta:

Wonder how you will deal with few tans :luvDerp:

Why would i use such a bad strat? i expect my opponents to be competent. that you made volks spam work says more about the allies then you.
10 Dec 2015, 15:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 14:58 PMZyllen

Why would i use such a bad strat? i expect my opponents to be competent. that you made volks spam work says more about the allies then you.

You made a statement that 10rifles/is would do same job. Iy you imply something, prove it.
Otherwise, they are just thrown words without any content.
10 Dec 2015, 16:53 PM

You made a statement that 10rifles/is would do same job. Iy you imply something, prove it.
Otherwise, they are just thrown words without any content.

i never said that. I said that if i see vg spam i would easily counter it with rifles/is/shock spam of my own. reading comprehension FAIL!
10 Dec 2015, 17:58 PM

just dont respond to zyllen. he is a massive troll
10 Dec 2015, 18:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 16:53 PMZyllen

i never said that. I said that if i see vg spam i would easily counter it with rifles/is/shock spam of my own. reading comprehension FAIL!

So that's what we should reduce the game to? Blob against blob, smashing against each other, instead of, you, nerfing an overperforming unit? How fun.

The key difference is that, if you get 10 IS (theoretical scenario, no one in their right mind does that unless it's 4v4 or something), you're not only at popcap but have no AT beyond shitty PIATS. An OKW player with 10 Volks is at 50 pop and has up to 10 shrecks on the field which is enough to smash any amount of tanks. So yeah, against a mediocre opponent 10 Volks would actually be doable. 10 AS or rifles would get annihilated by just 1 KT.

The best way to beat blobs is via indirect fire. Lo and behold, the Katyusha is mediocre, USF's good arty is DLC, and UKF has nothing good beyond a lucky AVRE shot or their 300 munitions offmaps.

Anyway, the inevitable Volksblob itself isn't the problem. The problem is that said Volks cause more bleed than they often take and, with their toughness and versatility, are often enough to delay any serious allied push until the vehicles come out and start wrecking stuff up.
10 Dec 2015, 19:16 PM

So that's what we should reduce the game to? Blob against blob, smashing against each other, instead of, you, nerfing an overperforming unit? How fun.

The key difference is that, if you get 10 IS (theoretical scenario, no one in their right mind does that unless it's 4v4 or something), you're not only at popcap but have no AT beyond shitty PIATS. An OKW player with 10 Volks is at 50 pop and has up to 10 shrecks on the field which is enough to smash any amount of tanks. So yeah, against a mediocre opponent 10 Volks would actually be doable. 10 AS or rifles would get annihilated by just 1 KT.

The best way to beat blobs is via indirect fire. Lo and behold, the Katyusha is mediocre, USF's good arty is DLC, and UKF has nothing good beyond a lucky AVRE shot or their 300 munitions offmaps.

Anyway, the inevitable Volksblob itself isn't the problem. The problem is that said Volks cause more bleed than they often take and, with their toughness and versatility, are often enough to delay any serious allied push until the vehicles come out and start wrecking stuff up.

I would agree with the last part especially. Team game last night, and I was constantly stalling Allied advances with volks long enough to bring my forces to bear, with men and armor to spare. They would have to bring everything to try and smash through my lines, but I could constantly rotate fresh volk squads in until they had to fall back.

Honestly, I think a small pop cap fix first is the only step (other than CPs for KT) that is needed in the short term. Still want to see how much of this is OPKW and how much if it is allies just needing to learn how to adjust play style to deal with a much more versatile faction.
10 Dec 2015, 19:58 PM

Heavy tank limit is not working. There was a game someone had Jagdtiger and Kingtiger (3v3 pro mlg) :foreveralone: ? isnt this quite obv 2 heavy tanks? Pls 1 heavy tank limit kthx
10 Dec 2015, 20:16 PM

Just don't nerf OKW too much like they did to the UKF, I love a faction with late game..
10 Dec 2015, 20:19 PM

I would agree with the last part especially. Team game last night, and I was constantly stalling Allied advances with volks long enough to bring my forces to bear, with men and armor to spare. They would have to bring everything to try and smash through my lines, but I could constantly rotate fresh volk squads in until they had to fall back.

Honestly, I think a small pop cap fix first is the only step (other than CPs for KT) that is needed in the short term. Still want to see how much of this is OPKW and how much if it is allies just needing to learn how to adjust play style to deal with a much more versatile faction.

As far as I undertand it, the faction was designed with the idea that they have tough (but not too powerful) infantry that holds the line around their medic truck/flacktrack until the tanks arrive to save the day.

Thing is, now said infantry is one of the most (if not the most) cost-efficient in the game, the tanks arrive much earlier thanks to the removal of the ressource penalty, and the medic/flak trucks feel like free boons rather than necessary bonuses when everyone else needs to invest in order to get those things. So it feels like OKW just needs to blob around with their super tough shrecked volks until minutes 15-20 when they just vomit a constant stream of the best tanks in the game too. While also locking 1/3 of the map thanks to the flacktruck just to make sure you can't really go around the doomblob, because that's fun gameplay.

The end result is a faction that is OP, and more importantly supremely annoying to play against. Only the brits in CoH1 were worst.

And it's not like they don't have choices either! Panzerfusiliers, Jaegers, Obers, vetted puppchen, Puma, JPIV, Stuka, they have loads of powerful units in their roster other than those that are usually fielded. But they don't even need them most of the time. Volkspam and a cutoff Kubel into Luchs/P4/Panther then KT. gg.
10 Dec 2015, 20:21 PM

Heavy tank limit is not working. There was a game someone had Jagdtiger and Kingtiger (3v3 pro mlg) :foreveralone: ? isnt this quite obv 2 heavy tanks? Pls 1 heavy tank limit kthx

I completely agree. I've seen this several times. I think if you build a JT then the KT should be locked out and vice versa. This means that OKW essentially have a 2 heavy tank limit based on commander which is absolute horse shit! With the 100% resources it's easily possible to have enough fuel for both.

With a KT and JT combo it's impossible to counter as allies
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight