Login

russian armor

OKW is completely out of control

PAGES (12)down
9 Dec 2015, 00:01 AM

There should be a hotfix asap. I love this game, but gosh, this patch did really threw my desire to play this game upside down.
9 Dec 2015, 00:07 AM
Donator 33

Still no hotfix? Not even to fix the population cap issues?

They are doing it!

"bC_: working on getting the pop cap stuff fixed for you guys atm
Today, 00:33 AM"
9 Dec 2015, 00:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 00:07 AMATCF

They are doing it!

"bC_: working on getting the pop cap stuff fixed for you guys atm
Today, 00:33 AM"

That's great to hear, thanks for the heads up.

The pop cap is only the first part of this that needs to be addressed though. The faction desperately needs to lock some of its stronger abilities / units / upgrades behind side teching, just like the other factions. Things like flame nades and Shreks and medics and engineers should no longer come free w/ standard teching. To put this issue into perspective, 1 USF bazooka costs 150 MP + 15 fuel + 50 munitions, whereas 1 Shrek costs 90 munitions.

Just crazy town right now.
9 Dec 2015, 04:04 AM

That's great to hear, thanks for the heads up.

The pop cap is only the first part of this that needs to be addressed though. The faction desperately needs to lock some of its stronger abilities / units / upgrades behind side teching, just like the other factions. Things like flame nades and Shreks and medics and engineers should no longer come free w/ standard teching. To put this issue into perspective, 1 USF bazooka costs 150 MP + 15 fuel + 50 munitions, whereas 1 Shrek costs 90 munitions.

Just crazy town right now.

lol you shouldn't count that way 150 MP + 15 FU + 50 MU for 1 bazooka vs 90MU for 1 shrek is just bad comparison, if you count the number of bazooka and shrek both side got, for example I never see USF with less than 4 bazooka so it is 150MP + 15FU + 200MU vs 450MU for 4 shreks, in this comparison i believe 250MU worth more than 150MP + 15FU. and USF can get 2 for each sq while OKW can only get 1, so it is like a Troll fee for me. if put tech price should give OKW same able to upgrade to 2 shrek with cheaper price maybe like 60MU, trust me you don't want see double shrek VG blob...:D
9 Dec 2015, 04:10 AM

lol you shouldn't count that way 150 MP + 15 FU + 50 MU for 1 bazooka vs 90MU for 1 shrek is just bad comparison, if you count the number of bazooka and shrek both side got, for example I never see USF with less than 4 bazooka so it is 150MP + 15FU + 200MU vs 450MU for 4 shreks, in this comparison i believe 250MU worth more than 150MP + 15FU. and USF can get 2 for each sq while OKW can only get 1, so it is like a Troll fee for me. if put tech price should give OKW same able to upgrade to 2 shrek with cheaper price maybe like 60MU, trust me you don't want see double shrek VG blob...:D

considering shreks will pen every allied tank 9/10 shots, and do more damage.

no.

9 Dec 2015, 04:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 04:10 AMpoop

considering shreks will pen every allied tank 9/10 shots, and do more damage.

no.

add tech price remain 90MU that could be insane price.

if you talk about double shrek lol ya no one want see it, just think it is 5 men shrek pg sq.
9 Dec 2015, 04:40 AM

anyone putting together an okw montage rn? that'd be great.

While we should credit them with still sticking to their game for this long, which is crazy, they just change things too much from patch to patch so drastically that people are sometimes outraged at the imbalances that are allegedly there. If they could slow their roll with the scaling and get some more polls for units changes/additions, THAT'D BE GREAT.
nee
9 Dec 2015, 04:47 AM

Random thought here:

What if Volks replaced Obersoldaten at T4, and instead of Obers going T0 they are replaced by Panzerfusiliers? T0: Panzerfusiliers, T4 Volks, Obers doctrinal call-in in Breakthrough?

Volks would still be in core roster and have relevant AT role but come later in the game; Panzerfusiliers are anti-infantry with AT critical, their G43 upgrade makes them better against infantry so they would scale well into late-game as long as you treat them like Grenadiers; and Obers with their high MP cost seem more appropriate as an alternate elite infantry call-in anyways and have always seemed a poor late-game infantry choice. Spec Ops commander's Infrared ability could instead spawn an Ober squad with the IR MP44s.
Still a large 6-man squad at T0 though.
9 Dec 2015, 05:47 AM

add tech price remain 90MU that could be insane price.

if you talk about double shrek lol ya no one want see it, just think it is 5 men shrek pg sq.

If you add tech price to Shreks (and Relic should), then I agree, the munitions costs for 1 Shrek would need to come down. But the other guy is right too, Shreks are vastly superior to Zooks, so the cost in munitions (if not tech) should reflect that performance.

So build your first truck for whatever it is. Then research Shreks for 125 MP, 10 fuel. Keep in mind OKW inexplicably has its AT gun in T0, so it's not as if delaying Shreks would leave OKW helpless to light armor. It simply wouldn't give them as quick an instant counter that their base and most numerous infantry can pull out of their pants in the middle of a fight, whereas USF and UKF counterparts must retreat (yielding map control) to pick up AT weapons.

You see how these issues begin to snowball into a faction that--if not overpowered--is dramatically easier to play? And is significantly more frustrating to play against?

Bottom line is OKW needs more fuel sinks. It's a huge part of the reason they are so quickly getting Luchs, Panthers, King Tigers, etc. They don't have to make any choices while teching up, whether they want medics, whether they want hand held AT, whether they want grenades.

You tech to ONE truck and get medics, flame nades, and AT weapons.

Why? What justifies that w/ 100% resource income?
9 Dec 2015, 06:10 AM

San Andreas is right, this new revamp took out all the penalties, but left the benefits intact
9 Dec 2015, 06:43 AM

isn't the main issue of okw being op in team games is becasue of the popcap bugs mostly..??
9 Dec 2015, 06:59 AM

isn't the main issue of okw being op in team games is becasue of the popcap bugs mostly..??

no, its how stupidly easy and quick it is for them to get amazing armor (luch, panther, KT @ 15mins)

a faction designed to be a "late game powerhouse" that is great in all phases of the game, thus bringing their "late game" against allies mid. combined with mind-boggling perks like free medics, grenades, cheap tech tree, 5* veterancy, pre-upgraded tanks, and a panzershrek hidden in every pair of pants, because weapon racks are inferior technology!

ALL OF IT, with -zero- drawback in teamgames because of no more resource penalty, while benefiting from OST fuel dumps.

their one and only penalty, is the lack of an HMG and sniper, one of which is not a big deal at all, and the other can be found in a couple commanders.

9 Dec 2015, 07:01 AM

If you add tech price to Shreks (and Relic should), then I agree, the munitions costs for 1 Shrek would need to come down. But the other guy is right too, Shreks are vastly superior to Zooks, so the cost in munitions (if not tech) should reflect that performance.

Zooks are actually way more cost effective then shreks against medium armour.

So build your first truck for whatever it is. Then research Shreks for 125 MP, 10 fuel. Keep in mind OKW inexplicably has its AT gun in T0, so it's not as if delaying Shreks would leave OKW helpless to light armor. It simply wouldn't give them as quick an instant counter that their base and most numerous infantry can pull out of their pants in the middle of a fight, whereas USF and UKF counterparts must retreat (yielding map control) to pick up AT weapons.

Strange because the counter to the lv's rushes of the okw are the aec and the stuart. lv's properly microed and not used stupidly rarely will die to shreks or zooka's.

You see how these issues begin to snowball into a faction that--if not overpowered--is dramatically easier to play? And is significantly more frustrating to play against?

Its more a question of how you prepare. to many times i see allied players without any AT at ALL when the luchs arrives.

Bottom line is OKW needs more fuel sinks. It's a huge part of the reason the[y are so quickly getting Luchs, Panthers, King Tigers, etc. They don't have to make any choices while teching up, whether they want medics, whether they want hand held AT, whether they want grenades.

No not really. this will translate in something rolling out a minute later.

You tech to ONE truck and get medics, flame nades, and AT weapons.

Why? What justifies that w/ 100% resource income?

minor benefits at best. even if we lock it behind upgrades it will not change a luchs rush.

also that medic truck is not actually free. if you put it at your base you will lose the option to have a forward base. if you use it as a forward base you risk being it destroyed and you need 300 mp to make it a forward base. quite a choice.
9 Dec 2015, 07:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 06:59 AMpoop

no, its how stupidly easy and quick it is for them to get amazing armor (luch, panther, KT @ 15mins)

panthers and KT's are not as potent as most people believe.
9 Dec 2015, 07:07 AM
Donator 11

I hope that they make some adjustments to OKW soon (at least CP requirement for KT and fix Volks' popcap, or lower other factions infantry's popcap), so that I can enjoy to play this game again. Now the matchmaking is completely broken, when 85% search for axis and 15 allies. (it should be around 45-55% for each faction to get acceptable matchmaking). Now I either get ragequitters or droppers to team mates, or I meet an arranged team with extremely experienced players.

Hotfix. Yes, please!
9 Dec 2015, 07:43 AM

I never belived in such words about Relic so called close connection with 3rd Reich. But then 3 dec. patch was published.

3rd Reich and 3 december - coincidence? I don't think so.
9 Dec 2015, 07:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2015, 07:01 AMZyllen

Zooks are actually way more cost effective then shreks against medium armour.

Strange because the counter to the lv's rushes of the okw are the aec and the stuart. lv's properly microed and not used stupidly rarely will die to shreks or zooka's.

Its more a question of how you prepare. to many times i see allied players without any AT at ALL when the luchs arrives.

No not really. this will translate in something rolling out a minute later.

minor benefits at best. even if we lock it behind upgrades it will not change a luchs rush.

also that medic truck is not actually free. if you put it at your base you will lose the option to have a forward base. if you use it as a forward base you risk being it destroyed and you need 300 mp to make it a forward base. quite a choice.

Did you just say grenades, healing, and Panzershreks are "minor benefits at best?"

I'm going to assume that's trolling.

And if it's not, well, your assessment of the value of those abilities means jack shit.

Every other faction pays for those things -- USF / UKF pay for weapon racks and grenades separately; SU pays for molotovs and AT grenades separately; OST must tech for Rifle nade, but then must build another building and PGrens for Shreks; USF pays for ambulance; UKF pays for healing unlock on individual Sections; SU pays 250 MP for Medics; OST must build a bunker and then sink munitions for healing; and I think that about covers it.

See all that nonsense that other factions have to do to get the things OKW gets for free? With 100% resources? Being as objective as you can, you don't think there might be an issue there worth examining?
9 Dec 2015, 07:45 AM

1. Agree to a price for the upgrades for each building.
2. Panzershrecks are already locked behind a tech requirment
3. Flame nades are fine
4. Agree, kubel should get MG removed, shrecks should go to strumpios. Kubel maybe have a mine sweeper ability in replacement to MG being removed..
5. Leigs are fine bro

kubel should get MG removed, shrecks should go to strumpios ??!!!!

L2P my friend
if you want move schreck from volks to strumpios, i want bazooka only for rear echelon
i agree with removing mg for kubel, give HMG instead kubel mg
9 Dec 2015, 12:14 PM

kubel should get MG removed, shrecks should go to strumpios ??!!!!

L2P my friend
if you want move schreck from volks to strumpios, i want bazooka only for rear echelon
i agree with removing mg for kubel, give HMG instead kubel mg

LOL you tell me to L2P after a balance suggestion with no evidence or statement on my gameplay. Your a Moron
9 Dec 2015, 12:19 PM
Patrion 14

People argueing against side upgrades for OKW make me laugh, this is rediculous.
OKW is going to need to pay for a couple upgrades imo. Shrecks, nades and some abilities like the free smoke on the AAHT as well.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 105
unknown 13
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %