Login

russian armor

OKW is completely out of control

PAGES (12)down
8 Dec 2015, 16:01 PM
Patrion 14

There are just a couple of things that OKW has that are stronger then allied counter parts and even Ost counter parts right now. Not to mention with almost no cost differences.

For example, Pathfinders / Jeagers
Ost P4 / OKW P4
Assault Engineers / Sturmpioneers
Ober LMG / Gren LMG / Allied LMG
Demo / Goliath

Not to mention the veterancy bonuses and/or some timings units can arrive, which nullifies some tiers. Soviet T1, LT tier USF and making teching to Bofor way too high a risk in 1s.

But imo the biggest thing right now is the micro difference between OKW and other factions, I've never seen so many braindead blobs that have such massive AT + AI before the OKW buff. It's almost like you get forced to just spam and blob while playing this faction thanks to the design.
8 Dec 2015, 16:10 PM

Just fix the ridiculously low pop cap on volks. Spamming shreck blobs is too viable and hard to punish as OKW floats so much manpower.

Also lock the flame grenade by an upgrade cost.
8 Dec 2015, 16:13 PM

I guess pop-cap is perfectly fine since we don't have any hot-fix :snfPeter:
8 Dec 2015, 16:19 PM
Donator 33

I guess pop-cap is perfectly fine since we don't have any hot-fix :snfPeter:

20 squads of volks 100/100 popcap, the DREAM IS REAL :snfMarcus:
8 Dec 2015, 16:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2015, 16:19 PMATCF

20 squads of volks 100/100 popcap, the DREAM IS REAL :snfMarcus:

I want to see someone pull this off in a 4v4.

Lord knows it would actually work.
8 Dec 2015, 16:45 PM

OKW is not completly out of control, it just need some small nerfs.
(1vs1)
8 Dec 2015, 16:50 PM

You shouldn't be able to unlock your next truck while your previous truck is still building. Should be a minute delay.
8 Dec 2015, 16:53 PM

It will, just need to toss spio with sweeper to blob like a pro and spam valiant assault to carch up tanks. Mb some hardcore puma spam to yolo it into any indirect fire on map as well.

I will try my best.

8 Dec 2015, 17:22 PM

Well, for everything to work like that, we'd had to have commander that makes losing huge blobs of infantry unpunished and makes them easily sustainable, just like the recent firecracker commander :sibHyena:
8 Dec 2015, 17:25 PM

Well, for everything to work like that, we'd had to have commander that makes losing huge blobs of infantry unpunished and makes them easily sustainable, just like the recent firecracker commander :sibHyena:

Oh boy,

were talking literally infinite manpower here.

Why is this even a thing.
8 Dec 2015, 17:50 PM

Damn, I need to drop this commander with recoup losses and try this :snfPeter:
8 Dec 2015, 18:45 PM

It will, just need to toss spio with sweeper to blob like a pro and spam valiant assault to carch up tanks. Mb some hardcore puma spam to yolo it into any indirect fire on map as well.

I will try my best.

Please Please Please make a video out of this :clap::clap::clap::hyper::hyper::hyper:
8 Dec 2015, 19:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Remember to bring those 3 bulletins for discounted price on the shrecks :D
Sov vs OKW booby traps?

They can be deployed without needing an infantry squad :bananadance:
8 Dec 2015, 19:41 PM

They can be deployed without needing an infantry squad :bananadance:

Well, give them to penals non doctrinally for 50 muni, I'll somehow manage to endure the need to click squad instead of doctrine ability window :romeoHype:
8 Dec 2015, 19:46 PM

OKW has been one of the poorest designs for a faction in RTS history. It tells you how well designed they are that the "revamp" has made them laughably OP. I swear someone at relic is just pushing buttons at random hoping that one day the game will accidentally balance itself.

2v2 they are just horrid now. 2v2 AT as allies is my most played and its not even fun to win anymore. Have to go through too much stress and frustration to beat double OKW.
8 Dec 2015, 20:32 PM

OKW has been one of the poorest designs for a faction in RTS history. It tells you how well designed they are that the "revamp" has made them laughably OP. I swear someone at relic is just pushing buttons at random hoping that one day the game will accidentally balance itself.

2v2 they are just horrid now. 2v2 AT as allies is my most played and its not even fun to win anymore. Have to go through too much stress and frustration to beat double OKW.

Now you know what it was like to play OKW before the patch. :p OKW does need some fixes.
8 Dec 2015, 23:49 PM

I love that okw spams cheap infantry more effectively than the Americans and Soviets. What an "elite" army.

Lol Lelic. What are you even doing anymore? Even though it's the best faction ingame right now by such a large margin, it takes literally zero skill or strategy to use in all but 1 vs 1, where it still isn't very good balance wise.

Every army composition revolves around insane blobs of infantry, ISGs, and the best per category(non doctrinal) vehicles in the game. There's no interesting abilities that can overlap or potential for combined arms. This would be fine if OKW infantry was all elite, but nooooo, instead you have a huge mobile, infantry based army that's insanely cheap but fires nerf darts. Quality over quantity, amirite? Ololollol,

I love how the faction with what was confirmed by Lelic to have the strongest early game also has the fastest teching, the best vet, and the best vehicles in game that come out earlier due to the aforementioned early game and dirt cheap teching. Wtf is the weakness?

Weakness of course is combined arms, which is truly why the design of the new OKW is cancerous. You have an army that takes no skill and pounds the skull in of every other army economically, in terms unit strength, and unit scaling. But to compensate the faction can't perform combined arms with MGs, AT guns, cheap indirect, moderately priced infantry, snares, and so on. The OKW match up becomes "can I blob and micro vehicles better than you can slowly tech, slowly picking me apart with tactical play?"

That's total nonsense. After this "redesign" I'm not sure a Volks change would be enough. There's just so many redundant units, and ability sets don't encourage tactics or combined arms. It truly is a dead faction, not in terms of strength but in terms of legitimacy.

8 Dec 2015, 23:58 PM

Still no hotfix? Not even to fix the population cap issues?
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 21

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment