Login

russian armor

OKW is completely out of control

PAGES (12)down
8 Dec 2015, 12:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2015, 11:46 AMRMMLz

I don't really like this idea. Although a fast KT is problematic, the major problem which is snowballing effect for OKW will not be changed. They have low pop cap, low upkeep, 5 vet system. They also get light and medium armor faster. OKW Economy should be addressed. Either side upgrades or resource penalty.

Currently it's one of the main problems.
8 Dec 2015, 12:13 PM

Then please enlighten us, why should an ability that cost half the price perform on the same level? :snfQuinn:

Sov vs OKW booby traps?

Just throwing this here as a food for thought....
8 Dec 2015, 12:16 PM

cause you have to unlock it before using it,you dont get it by going T1 or T2 or T3 or T4

Unlike OKW which they tech and get free goods

Not an argument, unlocks function in this game as tech delay. Soviets can go t1 or t2 as soon the game starts, OKW has to gather fuel to tech first. Munitions cost determine performance of abilities, in addition its not like 15 fuel (30 sec tech delay) justify that in any way.
8 Dec 2015, 12:19 PM

Currently it's one of the main problems.

Of course it is, I mean this will only delay the KT and after 12-14 CP which people want, you're still gonna face 4 KTs hitting the field in 4s, with an army of PzIVs and Volks. KT should be delayed, Panther should be delayed, but I don't think CP restriction help.
8 Dec 2015, 12:23 PM

Sov vs OKW booby traps?

Just throwing this here as a food for thought....

You're right soviet booby trap needs a price decrease, but it's on a forgotten commander(ever since starting fuel for soviets changed) so up to relic to bring this in line.
8 Dec 2015, 12:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 23:03 PMaaa
my 1v1 rank droped from 86 to 459. Right now i have hard time playing vs noobs . I see their level.

Leigs are blatantly OP still. Just swap them with soviet T2 crap-mortar. If they are fine. I would not complain

And that surely has nothing to do with easy ranks due allies beeing very strong the last couple months?
If you rank up it's because you're skilled
If you lose ranks it's the opness of other faction
:huhsign:
8 Dec 2015, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2015, 12:19 PMRMMLz

Of course it is, I mean this will only delay the KT and after 12-14 CP which people want, you're still gonna face 4 KTs hitting the field in 4s, with an army of PzIVs and Volks. KT should be delayed, Panther should be delayed, but I don't think CP restriction help.

Storing fuel isn't that hard anymore. Making the tank cost lots of fuel won't delay it by any bit, CP's make them come late most of the times. Else you delay it to 16 CP's but that'll be the maximum.
8 Dec 2015, 12:53 PM

While the end of the OKW tech tree is not the most common issue, what if OKW required a final upgrade similar to the Hammer / Anvil choice that UKF has to make? OKW gets one or the other: the Panther or the King Tiger, again, similar to the Comet and Churchhill.

This would help give the Jagdpanzer IV some purpose while delaying these units that are only counterd by mass AT Guns and dedicated Tank Destroyers.

The Comet, Churchhill, OKW Panther, and King Tiger should all be limited to one on the field at a time.
8 Dec 2015, 12:56 PM

While the end of the OKW tech tree is not the most common issue, what if OKW required a final upgrade similar to the Hammer / Anvil choice that UKF has to make? OKW gets one or the other: the Panther or the King Tiger, again, similar to the Comet and Churchhill.

This would help give the Jagdpanzer IV some purpose while delaying these units that are only counterd by mass AT Guns and dedicated Tank Destroyers.

The Comet, Churchhill, OKW Panther, and King Tiger should all be limited to one on the field at a time.

Although I like most of this the last part about limiting sounds crap, the KT should be limited, the rest I wouldn't put those behing limited numbers.
8 Dec 2015, 12:59 PM

I don't understand why people don't admit that OKW is (at least a little) OP after the Patch.
And i am not referring to Fanboys (at least i believe so) :D
8 Dec 2015, 13:14 PM

I don't understand why people don't admit that OKW is (at least a little) OP after the Patch.
And i am not referring to Fanboys (at least i believe so) :D

Hello.

Playing with or against OKW, i loose because i have bad positioning, build the wrong unit, get flanked correctly, get surprised by a strategy. And win for the same inverse reason.
Never seen a descent player make a 11min KT (as eco 500 fuel without geting any vehicle seems a bad strategy).
Never had to complain of a LeIG more than a mortar.
Throwing PIATs and Atgrenades at Luchs all day long and enjoying it.

I loose to OKW because i dont expect the things i loose to.

Kozo.
8 Dec 2015, 13:52 PM

Hello.

Playing with or against OKW, i loose because i have bad positioning, build the wrong unit, get flanked correctly, get surprised by a strategy. And win for the same inverse reason.
Never seen a descent player make a 11min KT (as eco 500 fuel without geting any vehicle seems a bad strategy).
Never had to complain of a LeIG more than a mortar.
Throwing PIATs and Atgrenades at Luchs all day long and enjoying it.

I loose to OKW because i dont expect the things i loose to.

Kozo.

I feel you, but still. You dont have to be a pro to see that at this exact moment OKW is over performing in many areas.
I played a game VS OKW and the opponent build a P4 and then a KT and it was soooo much harder to fight him. Because besides that, he had 3-4 Shrek Volks and a Raketen.
I still won the game but it felt so hard.

I am not saying that OKW is OP beyond the stars or so but it is a little to strong at the moment.
And this for 1v1, i don't want to know how they feel in 2s, 3s and 4s ( i know because i saw the other threads:D).
8 Dec 2015, 13:56 PM

Could this be the "problem" in fact? No more easy wins for USF / UKF? That actualy now they have to work hard for their wins as OKW and Ostheer did?
8 Dec 2015, 13:59 PM

Not an argument, unlocks function in this game as tech delay. Soviets can go t1 or t2 as soon the game starts, OKW has to gather fuel to tech first. Munitions cost determine performance of abilities, in addition its not like 15 fuel (30 sec tech delay) justify that in any way.

-_-
for a moment think and tell me if the Soviet T2/T1 is the same as OKW T3/T2

then explain to me your answer

also a free nade that for 30 munitions is much more easier to land(therefore cost effective)is also given free when you progress up is just insane,and remember its 30 munitions just like every faction now,they dont delay as much shreck blobs or other munition upgrades.

before they could atleast delay something,now not so much(atleast they dont delay your tech AT ALL)

8 Dec 2015, 14:04 PM

Could this be the "problem" in fact? No more easy wins for USF / UKF? That actualy now they have to work hard for their wins as OKW and Ostheer did?

I didn't (and i don't) want an easy win. Based on the skill of the opponent and mine it should be a little easier to win that game. That's all.

I knew that someone would say that, it to bad that you missed the point of my post and only saw what you (already) have in your mind, which is keeping you to see things a little more objectively.
8 Dec 2015, 14:17 PM

Although I like most of this the last part about limiting sounds crap, the KT should be limited, the rest I wouldn't put those behing limited numbers.

Well I never liked how heavies are limited for USF, OST, and SU but not UKF and OKW. I know the Panther is technically a medium, but it performs like a heavy due to health and armor and its 3 MGs do decent DPS against infantry.

Comparing OKW to other factions:

USF - Sherman / Jackson -- Pershing (doctrinal)
OST - P4 / Panther -- Tiger OR Elefant (doctrinal)
SU - T-34/76 / SU-85 - IS-2 OR ISU - 152 (doctrinal)
UKF - Cromwell / Firefly -- Comet OR Churchhill (research one or the other)
OKW - P4 / Jagdpanzer IV --- Panther OR KT (research one or the other)

8 Dec 2015, 14:19 PM

Well I never liked how heavies are limited for USF, OST, and SU but not UKF and OKW. I know the Panther is technically a medium, but it performs like a heavy due to health and armor and its 3 MGs do decent DPS against infantry.

Comparing OKW to other factions:

USF - Sherman / Jackson -- Pershing (doctrinal)
OST - P4 / Panther -- Tiger OR Elefant (doctrinal)
SU - T-34/76 / SU-85 - IS-2 OR ISU - 152 (doctrinal)
UKF - Cromwell / Firefly -- Comet OR Churchhill (research one or the other)
OKW - P4 / Jagdpanzer IV --- Panther OR KT (research one or the other)

Ez-8 and T34/85 being non-doctrinal would fix some things about that. Only thing is that the Pz4 should get a penetration buff (atleast the OKW one, since it cost the same as a Ez-8 and T34/85)
8 Dec 2015, 14:34 PM

I feel you, but still. You dont have to be a pro to see that at this exact moment OKW is over performing in many areas.
I played a game VS OKW and the opponent build a P4 and then a KT and it was soooo much harder to fight him. Because besides that, he had 3-4 Shrek Volks and a Raketen.

I am not saying that OKW is OP beyond the stars or so but it is a little to strong at the moment.
And this for 1v1, i don't want to know how they feel in 2s, 3s and 4s ( i know because i saw the other threads:D).

I think i see what you mean.
My point of view is that OKW WAS weak before (as Jonny said) if you watch old threads you can reads piles of tears-written complain about :
-Weak Volks (they are now on par with their colleagues even a little bit lacking as AI role)
-Late Luchs making them useless (now they are aviable earlier and useful)
-Useless halftrack (Now "cheaper", making it affordable)
-Impossible to get a KT (now callin so aviable)
Basically one of the main strengh was the Healing Truck which was borderline mandatory compared to the skipable repair truck. Something strange for a faction that whanted to offer a choice of tier. Now there is one.

Still OKW has clear weaknesses
-No suppression (in the normal rooster)
-Need of callin infantery
-No sniper!
-No early vehicle snare
-No flamer (in the normal rooster)
-No cheap tank sniper AG(STUG/SU75) (i count the panzerjager like a SU85)

Now that OKW is stronger than before people tend to struggle against. It doesnt mean that OKW is stronger that anyone, i dont have any idea, how could i? the patch isn't a week old!

Kozo.
8 Dec 2015, 15:40 PM

I think i see what you mean.
My point of view is that OKW WAS weak before (as Jonny said) if you watch old threads you can reads piles of tears-written complain about :
-Weak Volks (they are now on par with their colleagues even a little bit lacking as AI role)
-Late Luchs making them useless (now they are aviable earlier and useful)
-Useless halftrack (Now "cheaper", making it affordable)
-Impossible to get a KT (now callin so aviable)
Basically one of the main strengh was the Healing Truck which was borderline mandatory compared to the skipable repair truck. Something strange for a faction that whanted to offer a choice of tier. Now there is one.

Still OKW has clear weaknesses
-No suppression (in the normal rooster)
-Need of callin infantery
-No sniper!
-No early vehicle snare
-No flamer (in the normal rooster)
-No cheap tank sniper AG(STUG/SU75) (i count the panzerjager like a SU85)

Now that OKW is stronger than before people tend to struggle against. It doesnt mean that OKW is stronger that anyone, i dont have any idea, how could i? the patch isn't a week old!

Kozo.

Before OKW had a philosophy, you have fewer choices but for that we will give you better units then the others.
Now its like they opened the cookie jar and they let you have what ever you want as much as you want.
they removed all the penalty's BUT kept all the extra fire-power this units had.
That's not balanced.

Also, USF dosnt have a Sniper, and till recently they didnt have a Heavy Tank. UKF doesnt have a snare to except the Sniper, i could go on...
This is asymmetrical balance, i cant take this as a argument

Yes, OKW was weak in 1v1 but now they are the Elite Army with no restrictions :D
If you cant see it, ok.

I am 100% sure that Relic will do something about it because it is so obvious that they must do something.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS