Login

russian armor

UKF on Life Support

PAGES (13)down
6 Dec 2015, 17:47 PM
Donator 11

Shit really hit the fan...

See for yourself: http://coh2chart.com/

Basically, with the OKW revamp, the last bit of glory for the shiny new UKF faction has been lost. UKF took a gigantic nose dive, enough to impress Herr Stuka pilot and Herr Fuhrer himself:

Now this graph is really beautiful. This is win/loss ratio of all five factions since July 2015. As you can see, the September patch really made the game as close to balance as it has ever been in quite a long time. But we lost it all in the past three days.

Brings tears to my eyes :*(

This is even worse. This shows the gigantic gap between OKW and EVERY OTHER FACTION INCLUDING OSTHEER.

With OKW's insane Luchs rush, insane Volks pop reduction (5 pop lol), and 100% resource. It clearly dominates the battlefield with 15 minute King Tiger (and that's not even the earliest).

Poor UKF has a whopping 25% winrate and a 75% loss rate. They are on life support. Considering UKF is the newest faction with its own arsenal of bells and whistles, UKF is the least popular and least powerful faction in the game.

I don't get why UKF's awesome call-in abilities have been nerfed but OKW AND OSTHEER STILL HAVE OP AS SHIT ABILITIES LIKE SECTOR BOMBING OR CLOSE THE POCKET OR ALL THOSE OTHER 240mm+ AREA BOMBING

UKF needs a sincerely apology and love. Seriously

1v1 not doing so well either... OKW clearly has no more crutches and now can stand on its own as the dominant ubermensch of the battlefield. Deutschland uber alles. DEUTSCHLAND UBER ALLES!

UKF has the lowest winrate with 43.8%, second being USF at 52% as of yesterday after taking a huge nose dive. UKF is even worse in 1v1s thanks to last patch.

fanboi: "OH YEAH!? EXPLAIN THE USF JUMP"

Explanation:

With the release of the USF Tactical Support company, USF had a brief 24 hour period of glory and popularity... until people started realizing "DIS SHIT SUX. LEL BACK TO OPKW"

Innocent Brit: "Ah aint gonna make it sir!"

Brit Medic: "Watcher talkin bout? Yer bum's oot the windae! Hang on there laddy! Helpsa comin, bastart Jerry goot aathing in a mess."]

6 Dec 2015, 17:49 PM

Axis uniforms are cooler again since patch, this is the only rational explanation. :romeoMug:
6 Dec 2015, 18:04 PM

And still the Ostheer is nowhere to be seen...
6 Dec 2015, 18:13 PM

Hah, great thread, great pictures. Don't need so much facts to prove obvious things, but what you done is nice, really.
6 Dec 2015, 18:27 PM

Axis uniforms are cooler again since patch, this is the only rational explanation. :romeoMug:

So much this
6 Dec 2015, 18:35 PM

Looks like UKF uniforms are out of fashion this winter :rofl:

1v1 not doing so well either

Shows 1v1 most Played games instead 1v1 Win-Ratio :romeoPro:
6 Dec 2015, 18:45 PM

Calm your tits, Northweapon. How many games have you actually played? You've been consistently offline. It's only been a few days since patch release. What you point out are "noise" spikes and it occurs often (look at financial data) depending on various factors. Remember there will be a lot of people playing the new OKW changes especially since UKF only got nerfs. This means anybody left playing Allies will be matched with noobier teammates and so stacked teams will result and skew the ratios.

OKW may be overperforming, but please wait for more data to draw more solid conclusions. If it is so, then Relic will look at the data, and tone down OKW. This has been the biggest change to OKW since release of WFA so of course there are going to be some kinks.

My theory is Relic does binary search balancing. They will find the extremes of UP and OP and find middle ground and go from there to iterate. This is unfortunately at the OP phase. I have evidence to support this. However I don't think Relic will overtly admit this, though they probably know it's on the OP side.
6 Dec 2015, 18:51 PM

Calm your tits, Northweapon. It's only been a few days since patch release. What you point out are "noise" spikes and it occurs often (look at financial data) depending on various factors.

OKW may be overperforming, but please wait for more data to draw more solid conclusions. If it is so, then Relic will look at the data, and tone down OKW. This has been the biggest change to OKW since release of WFA so of course there are going to be some kinks.

My theory is Relic does binary search balancing. They will find the extremes of UP and OP and find middle ground and go from there to iterate. This is unfortunately at the OP phase. I have evidence to support this. However I don't think Relic will overtly admit this, though they probably know it's on the OP side.

middle ground? they balance with a freaking sledgehammer. iterative means gradual changes over a relatively frequent timespan, from my POV as a software developer. they just take things, smash the shit out of them, and then leave them to fester for a few months. eventually, they'll release more doctrines, forget about the broken shit and just compound existing problems.
6 Dec 2015, 18:54 PM

middle ground? they balance with a freaking sledgehammer. iterative means gradual changes over a relatively frequent timespan, from my POV as a software developer.

This is game balance. Relic balances with data and to get data you need time, but to find the bounds you need to go to extremes (sledgehammer-like). A good amount of time as people adapt and the new meta stabilises. If they did a lot of changes over a short time, then there will be a lot of back and forth since real trends have not stabilised.

Gradual in your perspective is a linear search. UP? OK. Buff one little thing at a time until OP? The iterative software development process is not a good analogy because generally the gradual changes are all in the right direction; in balance, you buff one thing, it affects other things, and suddenly buffing wasn't the right move so you may have to roll back if you didn't allow enough time to stabilise.
6 Dec 2015, 19:08 PM

Oh please, the British could be played by a well trained chimpanzee pre-patch. I guess it is pretty hard to not be able to sit it out with cancer emplacements or double anti-everything snipers to victory.
6 Dec 2015, 19:17 PM

Couldn't the mods simply make a single thread per topic, one for OKW is OP, one for Calliope, one for Goliath, one for Brits and one for the rest? Relic will fix those things in the next patch at the earliest and it would improve reading experience in this forum a hundredfold if the same threads wouldn't pop up every day saying the same things which are now known and won't be changed until - well - next patch.

Intelligent moderation is required.
6 Dec 2015, 19:18 PM

Oh please, the British could be played by a well trained chimpanzee pre-patch. I guess it is pretty hard to not be able to sit it out with cancer emplacements or double anti-everything snipers to victory.

The same chimpanzees are playing OKW now with great success :romeoMug:
Emplaces were easily countered by OKW with sneak up puppchens and by ost with MHT.
6 Dec 2015, 19:20 PM

The statistics match the hypothesis presented in the OP. The problem with a big rebalancing like this, is you need to account for change in the other factions; otherwise it leads to a disharmony with balance.

They improved OKW which is great; but they didn't keep it in line with other factions. Consequently; OKW now runs over everything.
6 Dec 2015, 19:23 PM

hmmmm.... i like how the "nose dive" is play rate, and for win rates ofc only 4v4 matches are considered :-D

when in reality, its mostly the play rate for UKF that plummeted, while in turn OKW skyrocketed.

UKF has highest/2nd highest win rate for months? Totally fine.
They dip for a few days after OKW gets buffed? OMG, BUFF ALLIES, NERF AXIS !!!!!!111111oneeleven

it's also funny how it's emphasized that now brits are even worse than OST :-D
maybe if OP played a single game as axis during the last few months (and did a similar thing for ost/okw back then) he could be taken seriously. but, with things they are right now:

:lolol:
6 Dec 2015, 19:27 PM

Maybe you should visit the forums more, and realize that there were 50+ threads about brits being op even after the nerfs to every ability people on this forum wanted
6 Dec 2015, 19:30 PM

hmmmm.... i like how the "nose dive" is play rate, and for win rates ofc only 4v4 matches are considered :-D

when in reality, its mostly the play rate for UKF that plummeted, while in turn OKW skyrocketed.

They dip for a few days after OKW gets buffed? OMG, BUFF ALLIES, NERF AXIS !!!!!!111111oneeleven

it's also funny how it's emphasized that now brits are even worse than OST :-D
maybe if OP played a single game as axis during the last few months (and did a similar thing for ost/okw back then) he could be taken seriously. but, with things they are right now:

:lolol:

The same could be said for Axis players at the beginning of CoH2; and again at the release of Oberkommando West however.
6 Dec 2015, 19:38 PM

I remember when soviet industry had the coolest uniforms, then the UKF....

Now OKW, strange how people change their minds so....randomly XD
6 Dec 2015, 19:38 PM

Maybe you should visit the forums more, and realize that there were 50+ threads about brits being op even after the nerfs to every ability people on this forum wanted

all i saw was a few guys complaining that stuff like pre-nerf wasp, centaur, churchill, roc etc. might be too strong followed by a slew of "L2P, brits fine" posts.

before every announced nerf and right after, the same "L2P" people complained how brits are now "unplayable", despite still having a high winrate still.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2015, 19:30 PMDoggo

The same could be said for Axis players at the beginning of CoH2; and again at the release of Oberkommando West however.

wasn't really around for WFA... at release there was a ton of issues, but if i remember correctly, most of the stuff was in favor of soviets (sniper clowncars, flamer penal clowncars, t34 ram etc.). a good rule of thumb to be taken seriously though is to not cry when your favorite faction is OP, but to actually argue against imbalance, no matter who or what is imbalanced.
6 Dec 2015, 19:39 PM

4v4
?

No one cares.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %