Login

russian armor

UKF on Life Support

PAGES (13)down
7 Dec 2015, 05:24 AM

Fix OKW infantry pop.
KT cp 14
Panther another small unlock.

125 MP, 10 fuel to unlock Shreks to purchase for Volks. Reduce the cost of the munitions purchase to 75.

It costs 150 MP + 15 fuel + 50 munitions to equip a bazooka on USF infantry. Obviously nothing needs to be said about the performance of the PShrek vs. the Bazooka.

I'm not including the costs of OKW teching because the USF weapon rack is not part of USF's teching either. USF has to make a choice on whether to tech faster or to unlock better weapons... every other faction has to do the same w/ regards to weapons, grenades, etc., and so should OKW.

There are so many unique aspects of OKW's design that were put in place when the faction was resource starved. Things like free repair engineers, free medics, free Flak gun that slaughters infantry, light vehicles, and shoots down planes, 5 star veterancy, free flame nade, no fuel needed to unlock powerful AT weapons, no CP requirement for a heavy tank, comically low pop cap for base infantry, Tier 0 AT Gun, and it goes on and on.

All of this made sense when OKW was resource starved but the faction isn't anymore, and no matter how long we wait for the "new meta to stabilize" for the top 150 players, I don't think it changes the fact that a lot of this stuff just needs to be reexamined and probably changed when you compare OKW to other factions, OST included.
7 Dec 2015, 05:25 AM

Can you people stop playing like its fucking November?

Todays Allied 2v2 experience was my Brit partner spaming inf sections into centaur, got their army wiped then ragequiting.

Either buy snipers and mgs or go play USF.

Jesus Christ.
7 Dec 2015, 05:28 AM

Brit units take more popcap because they are fat and lazy unlike strong and fit axis soldiers who train every day to be the best, which means they are not some pussies that need supplies and care. They kill with their sight. They also get 5 stars because they do german krupp drugs that enhance the human body beyond allied limits.

7 Dec 2015, 05:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 05:20 AMVolsky
Mmkay. The patch is f*cked up, anyone claiming anything to the contrary is on some serious drugs. Half the Europe in Ruins crew came over and played the patch, and it took us (including myself and the other EiR devs) all of 45 minutes or so to decide, unanimously, that many, many choices were just flat out unintelligent.

An unfortunate case of Lelic's balance team going "we must maintain the imbalance in order to keep our phony-bologna jobs, mentlegen!", I think.

That's because they were ripped straight from the community.

The irony is this is what people asked for.

7 Dec 2015, 06:04 AM

Calm your tits, Northweapon. How many games have you actually played? You've been consistently offline. It's only been a few days since patch release. What you point out are "noise" spikes and it occurs often (look at financial data) depending on various factors. R
emember there will be a lot of people playing the new OKW changes especially since UKF only got nerfs. This means anybody left playing Allies will be matched with noobier teammates and so stacked teams will result and skew the ratios.

OKW may be overperforming, but please wait for more data to draw more solid conclusions. If it is so, then Relic will look at the data, and tone down OKW. This has been the biggest change to OKW since release of WFA so of course there are going to be some kinks.

My theory is Relic does binary search balancing. They will find the extremes of UP and OP and find middle ground and go from there to iterate. This is unfortunately at the OP phase. I have evidence to support this. However I don't think Relic will overtly admit this, though they probably know it's on the OP side.

But its a fact okw rule the game now.
aixe are op they need a nerf
Or allice need a buf
7 Dec 2015, 06:12 AM
Patrion 14

First of all, the faction that is played most will always have the highest win rate in 3vs3+, because of the better elo the team then usually gets. The same we have seen after brits we released. OKW just got a revamp, it's just natural that all players want to try it out and even play the new commander, hence it's the most played faction right now.

and why do you think they are getting played much more? flavour?

played more = easier faction by general consensus.

we'll see if okw win ratios and played number calm down in a week or two. if not, the majority has decided it is the easy way to win.
7 Dec 2015, 06:13 AM

Keep OKW economy the same, but add fuel to the units in reflection to their performance. Example, panther should be 180-185 fuel.

Buff US/UKF MG suppression for anti blobbing
Nerf UKF damage in exchange?

Keep volks the same, but increase the upkeep cost. (So it's more of a MP drain)

Shrecks to StrumPios, since they are decreased in price, and you can't blobbing efficiency with them.

7 Dec 2015, 06:14 AM

I also think OKW is high on the charts because it's a revamped faction, with a new commander. Just a thought.
7 Dec 2015, 08:27 AM
Patrion 14

There is two reasons for this so called RANT. First, I am sick of getting ignored by Relic (justified or not due to lack of manpower resources)and this COH2.ORG community as whole.

There are glaring problems in 3v3+ that are like the old Opel Blitz. Remember that? an inevitably fixed glaring balance issue that affected only non 1v1. That took more than half a year to fix. But instead now, the new glaring problems are taking more than a year to be fixed or not even going to be fixed in the future.

The second reason for this rant is that the community as whole, especially those so called elite 1v1 players who has the most say think this is just fine. Just par for the course. Not 1v1, not interested. Team games are for fun and go fuck off if you don't got the balls to play the real mode. It not my mode, who the fuck cares about it.

Haven't even played a real 3v3+ match where you throw a grenade and slide over 500m to reverse order the jacksons you ordered to move up just a second ago while keeping your ears open for katty/stuka/werfer while remembering where numerous mines your teammate has discovered but could not sweep. The game where you had to coordinate 4 armies to kill hordes of churchill, jacksons or JT, KT etc etc. Nope, I played 1v1 and fuck it if I care, 3v3+ scrubs, I am coming, jump into the fuckin icy river and kill yourself in shame because you don't play 1v1.

----------------------------------

1. first glaring issue, forward retreat base. I don't want to be partisan here but OKW Forward Retreat Point is especially cancerous. it is hilarious that they can get it up so early into the game and maybe in 1v1 it might shave 20 seconds off retreat most of the time, in 3v3+, shaving of more than a minute of retreat time is fuckin given. To take it down early, allies invest into weak light arty early game, which means less mainline and if that serious commitment to take down the FRP does not work, you know because he is back on the field in 30 seconds while for you it takes 2 minutes? flak is already up.

not to say other FRP are good. but they come later and seriously, if you can not counter allies FRP with "wipe machines" so called walking stuka or panzerwerfer, you are a fuckin idiot.

FRPs promote blobbing and mass retreat, and removes one of the tactical essence of coh2: TIME. when Yoink said it in SNF4, he was absolutely right. Time is a fuckin resource and if you made your opponent retreat, you earned it. Now, you get a fuckin slap in the face for reward because the same blob returns 20 seconds later.

2. Whoever has late game wins usually. Well, now OPKW has early-mid-AND late game but... For eternity, Axis been wiping the fuckin floor in 3v3+ and since TBF release and last patch cycle, suddenly with rifle/con buff plus brit turned the table upside fuckin down? I wonder why.

others, I will not mention because they seems more personal or not particularly 3v3 exclusive as in OPkw in general, current popcap "bug", etc etc.
7 Dec 2015, 08:37 AM

4v4
?

No one cares.

A lot of ppl are playing it dude =)
I don't care too, but actually a lot of people are playing this mode.

There is two reasons for this so called RANT. First, I am sick of getting ignored by Relic (justified or not due to lack of manpower resources)and this COH2.ORG community as whole.

+11111111111111111111

On topic; "Just wait a few weeks for the meta to settle down and ..."

HELL NO! This patch sucks DICK in it's current state.

Relic: We're gathering more statistics so we can make good adjustements.
Commnity: Fuck your statistics and maybe for once, PLAY the game so you see yourself what's wrong.

/Dat rant
7 Dec 2015, 08:58 AM

The popcap issue for Brits is also a big deal. Your army is very small and if you go Infantry heavy (not necessarily blobbing) you can have a maximum of 1 tank.
7 Dec 2015, 09:14 AM

There are so many unique aspects of OKW's design that were put in place when the faction was resource starved. Things like free repair engineers, free medics, free Flak gun that slaughters infantry, light vehicles, and shoots down planes, 5 star veterancy, free flame nade, no fuel needed to unlock powerful AT weapons, no CP requirement for a heavy tank, comically low pop cap for base infantry, Tier 0 AT Gun, and it goes on and on.

All of this made sense when OKW was resource starved but the faction isn't anymore, and no matter how long we wait for the "new meta to stabilize" for the top 150 players, I don't think it changes the fact that a lot of this stuff just needs to be reexamined and probably changed when you compare OKW to other factions, OST included.

Pretty much this.
7 Dec 2015, 09:26 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

This change to inf population sizes has really screwed the Brits. I think if they hotfix that back to how it was, sure there will still need to be other tweaks, but maybe we can see if things will stabilise a bit.

I'm not playing Brits again until something is done.
7 Dec 2015, 09:49 AM

This patch sux, volks damage should be reduced back, because it causes 70% of all problems.
7 Dec 2015, 12:17 PM
Donator 11

UKF has not been underpowered the past few patches, far from it. I would know that because of what OCF and my ladder rank has taught me. You're clueless.

How am I clueless if I have statistics to back it up. Numbers don't lie. UKF consistently ranks last place in 1v1s whether that corresponds with your personal experience or not.

You are the definition of a person relic should ignore. Most of your ranks are hidden, you haven't played anything apart from USF and Brits this patch, yet you feel the need to go on the forums and be the loudest, mere days after a patch.

I've played this game twice as much as you. I've played this game since release and played every playlist and faction in arranged or randoms (but mostly arranged cuz surprise surprise some people like to enjoy playing the game strategizing/cooperating with friends). Just because I've taken off from CoH2 doesn't mean shit.

Idk who gave you the permission to point out who deserves to be heard and doesn't.

Go find a team game scrub RTS then, because all the competitive RTS games are not balanced around the shit shows that are team games. Show me where starcraft 2 listens to players that practically only play 3s and 4s, with one faction mind you.

It's really baffling how you're going to ignore 2v2+. You're blatantly biased, not even attempting to hide it calling team games "scrub." Lol? Do you honestly not care for CoH as a whole and a successful game?

That's some insane tunnel-vision selfish game-killing plan you got there. If you wan't the CoH 2 community to be decimated, then go ahead and say it. You gotta think from the developer/producer's perspective, not a select few "elite." It's a videogame, many people play it, not just you?

There's a ginormous community in CoH, and most of them play 2v2+. That is fact. IF balance was changed based on popular demand, 1v1 would be least looked at, I hate to break it to you. You were there on that Russian tournament yourself and saw how live a poorly marketed non-English tournament went simply because it included large team games, I don't get why this needs any further explanation.
7 Dec 2015, 12:24 PM
Donator 11

125 MP, 10 fuel to unlock Shreks to purchase for Volks. Reduce the cost of the munitions purchase to 75.

It costs 150 MP + 15 fuel + 50 munitions to equip a bazooka on USF infantry. Obviously nothing needs to be said about the performance of the PShrek vs. the Bazooka.

I'm not including the costs of OKW teching because the USF weapon rack is not part of USF's teching either. USF has to make a choice on whether to tech faster or to unlock better weapons... every other faction has to do the same w/ regards to weapons, grenades, etc., and so should OKW.

You sir are a genius, well said
7 Dec 2015, 12:27 PM

Lets do some math.

Shock troops = 6 man squad. 12 popcap = 2 popcap per squad entity
Bolstered section = 5 man squad. 10 pop cap = 2 popcap per squad entity
Obers = 4 man squad. 8 popcap = 2 popcap per squad entity.

Whoa.

It's tempting to make a signature from this pudding.

According to you, I'm waiting for 12popcap for Cons and Osttruppen :foreveralone:
7 Dec 2015, 12:30 PM
Donator 11

+1
7 Dec 2015, 12:46 PM

How am I clueless if I have statistics to back it up. Numbers don't lie. UKF consistently ranks last place in 1v1s whether that corresponds with your personal experience or not.

Not sure if this is just cognitive dissonance or a blatant lie. UKF after release had winrates in 1v1 that were only surpassed by USF, team games were similar (4v4 might have been an exception, cant recall).

Also, interesting side note: up until last patch, there were 4 guys in brit 1v1 top 10 with a 90+% winrate... guess how many there were for okw or ostheer? Exactly: 0

Again: either you are trying to lie in our faces with facts clearly on our side, or you "misremember" stuff through your rose-tinted glasses somehow. UKF NEVER was last place in 1v1, that distinction belonged to Ost almost the entire time iirc.

I've played this game twice as much as you. I've played this game since release and played every playlist and faction in arranged or randoms (but mostly arranged cuz surprise surprise some people like to enjoy playing the game strategizing/cooperating with friends). Just because I've taken off from CoH2 doesn't mean shit.

Idk who gave you the permission to point out who deserves to be heard and doesn't.

It's really baffling how you're going to ignore 2v2+. You're blatantly biased, not even attempting to hide it calling team games "scrub." Lol? Do you honestly not care for CoH as a whole and a successful game?

That's some insane tunnel-vision selfish game-killing plan you got there. If you wan't the CoH 2 community to be decimated, then go ahead and say it. You gotta think from the developer/producer's perspective, not a select few "elite." It's a videogame, many people play it, not just you?

There's a ginormous community in CoH, and most of them play 2v2+. That is fact. IF balance was changed based on popular demand, 1v1 would be least looked at, I hate to break it to you. You were there on that Russian tournament yourself and saw how live a poorly marketed non-English tournament went simply because it included large team games, I don't get why this needs any further explanation.

Defensive namecalling... the last straw :-)

Also, after a look at your playercard two things become very obvious: almost exclusively allied player with PROBABLY LESS GAMES THAN DUSTY. How you come to the conclusion that you played this game "twice as much" is beyond me, but it looks like just another non-factual claim (thats fancy speak for lie ;-) ).
In case you actually, truly believed everything you said, you might want to go see a doctor as this is a serious condition.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 50
Germany 32

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak