Login

russian armor

KT is too strong for the current OKW state

7 Dec 2015, 09:08 AM

Invissed five posts, two for flaming and three for quoting an offending post. Back to topic.
7 Dec 2015, 09:10 AM

It just occurred to me that its call-in now, because they couldn't figure out how to make it stock and limited to 1, so they went easy way by removing the 90 sec build time it had :snfBarton:

And speaking about tigers, when Jagd will have its old price back? Makes kind of no sense for it to cost as much as ele while being superior at everything.
7 Dec 2015, 09:37 AM

This obviously is a bigger problem in teamgames than 1v1s since when you're able to make the KT there can be a counterpart with TD support against it.

But for teamgames, it doesn't come too early as long as the other player(s) are not fuel feeding the okw with Waffle Supply / Ostruppen / CAS commanders, since even with the old patch you could get a KT in 20 minutes, and JT to support it before 25 minute mark

Adding a CP requirement would be the best solution, this wouldn't effect 1v1s too much since you're not going to have enough fuel until the at the 15cps but this would certainly balance out teamgames a lot

7 Dec 2015, 09:45 AM

And speaking about tigers, when Jagd will have its old price back? Makes kind of no sense for it to cost as much as ele while being superior at everything.

ignoring the stun on hit mechanic are you.
7 Dec 2015, 09:47 AM

of all the unit in the okw arsenal, the king tiger is probably the one unit that benefit the most from the fuel income buff.

going from 390 fuel to 260 fuel is a huge decrease in price.

the fact that it's a call in also mean you skip the production time.

omfg i cant believe im reading this kind of nonsense. a heavy tank is not something that wins you the game. a single luchs or p4 can be far more effective.
7 Dec 2015, 09:48 AM

KT and other OKW features such as free repairs on the T3 and the free flak on the T4 should be locked behind an hammer/anvil like brit upgrade on the main building.

And even then I'm afraid it wouldn't be enough to slow down the KT arrival.
7 Dec 2015, 09:49 AM

From what I could gather here and about 10 games played in the new patch, the main problem seems to be the pricing of some units. I think the best way out is to reapply a smaller resource penalty. About 90% income in fuel and munitions would seem reasonable.

Giving OKW 100% income and leaving Schrecks at their price, was doomed to prove critical.
7 Dec 2015, 09:52 AM

It just occurred to me that its call-in now, because they couldn't figure out how to make it stock and limited to 1, so they went easy way by removing the 90 sec build time it had :snfBarton:

This might be the worst patch relic has ever put out, all the design decisions they made for OKW were based around the resource income penalty, now you're stuck with units that simply straight up outperform other faction units without said penalty anymore.

The OKW change was as much of a "faction redesign" as reducing the cost of every vehicle is.

Edit: They also outperform units on the Axis side that cost the same! Just look at the Ostwind and Panther, or the P4 that while costs 10 fuel more starts with armored skirts and gets extra vet.
7 Dec 2015, 10:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 09:45 AMZyllen

With 85range, what excatly is going to stun you?
7 Dec 2015, 10:51 AM
Donator 11

I think the primary problem is that the KT comes out too early. It could be easily be solved if Relic put also a Command Point requirement to this tank, for example the same as for the Ostheer Tiger.
7 Dec 2015, 10:52 AM

Got the exact same opinion on the JT pricing.
7 Dec 2015, 10:53 AM
Donator 22

I think the primary problem is that the KT comes out too early. It could be easily be solved if Relic put also a Command Point requirement to this tank, for example the same as for the Ostheer Tiger.

+1

and the JT back to 290 fuel
7 Dec 2015, 11:36 AM

+1

and the JT back to 290 fuel

And even with 290, it would still be a big buff, so it would come still much sooner than before the patch.
7 Dec 2015, 12:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2015, 09:45 AMZyllen

Yes, because intended use of JT vs armor is not to use it at 85 range, but drive up all the way into the range of tanks and ATGs, preferably with rear armor to the opponent. :romeoMug:
7 Dec 2015, 13:29 PM

Yesterday steppes map, 3v3 i was allies 2 Soviet,1 UKF with 3 mates vs 3 okw. We had in some point all map, so no expecting heavy tanks... then 1 panther in 15min, panther is medium tank, completely disagree, is a front armor heavy tank, better tank for the cost than pershing (you need a commander to get pershing),better tank than any soviet and ukf tanks.
Of course 1 mine 1 at nade 1 AT panther bounced 2 times front shot and 1hp made it alive,i seen so many times this...
Then they start to come back, 1 luchs was wipping all around the map our inf...anyway in some point i saw after the had half map, 3 KT and 1 JT...so after struggling to win an inch of fuel is gg. Does not matter how many ATs you have, KT armor range and armor survives. So this example is without getting early KT a proof that OKW does not need fuel caches, just wait for panther or KT to win. Relic broke balance like never before.

What relic should do?

CP requierement for KT same as allies 15 CP, some games with 8 CP average all players, 1 KT deployed. How allies counter that? volks with shrecks rekt your tanks and KT finish the job, no arty or heavy tank from allies at that point yet.

Increase front armor on allies tanks like pershing, IS2 or decrease front armor/rear armor on KT also buff US AT and decrease cost for UKF AT to 300.

Allies cannot counter heavy tanks right now even with plenty of ATs

Another possibility is limit resources once KT is on the field like Tiger Ace to give a chance allies to do counter but then no CP requirement for KT but Tiger Ace doctrine needs CP 15... so discussion on that is open.

From now i dont play 4v4 with more than 2okw enemies, is a waste of time.

Pro COH2 gamers should let Relic know that this patch is clearly unbalanced and breaking the game.

7 Dec 2015, 14:35 PM

I think it got a good nerf already from not being able to build more than one, to be honest.
7 Dec 2015, 16:33 PM

Right now King Tiger is the only true heavy tank in game. It has many hitpoints, great gun that penetrates any allied tank and wipes infantry, and amazing armor. I had a game about 2 days ago where two Jacksons and one Sherman could not penetrate almost dead KT (it was without gun and engine, and had really low amount of hitpoints) with 30(!) shots. KT just slowly crawl back to Axis positions and take tank shots for 2 or 3 minutes in the middle of Red Ball Express. Jacksons died pretty fast because of shrek blob pressence, and only Sherman was lucky enough to flank it from behind and penetrate rear armor (Sherman was killed almost instant after KT death, btw).
3 tanks trade-off (2 of them was dedicated tank destroyers) for 1 almost dead KT?
I know it was RNG issue, but i was really exhausted and angry after seeing how KT slowly moving from our territory to Axis and just recieving shots from my tanks with no effect.

There is no heavy tank that can stand near KT in terms of "quality". This tank just have no ANY weaknesses like other heavy tank! Just look:
Churchills? Overnerfed shell sponge with 1400 HP, bad guns and movement capabilities. Overnerfed but still useful in certain situations.
KV-1? Tougher version of T-34, penetrated by every axis anti-tank weapon and have really puddingy inaccurate cannon with no penetration. Right now this tank is a useless garbage.
Pershing? Medium-heavy tank with 800 HP, mobile and has good gun, but dies pretty fast if enemy focused his AT units on it (because it is penetrated even by PZ4 due to good penetration values on AXIS guns) due to low HP and armor.
IS-2? True heavy tank, but cannon lacks penetration and again, it is very innaccurate, KT wipes infantry a lot often. Balanced.
Tiger? Jack of all Trades-tank. Most balanced heavy in the game, i think.

OKW right now don't need this really strong tank to win the game as it was before with resource penalty.

EDIT: Oh, and KT got range buff and has total 45 range now. Lelic, are you serious?
7 Dec 2015, 16:41 PM

here is one 11 min KT for u

http://saved.im/mty4nju0btrw/231430_screenshots_2015-12-05_00001.jpg

Relic FailFish!!!

JRM, SwonVIP and Me are that with the 11 min KT. We used some fuel drops and also occupied the hole map. We had a steady income of 54 fuel.
7 Dec 2015, 16:41 PM

KT (it was without gun and engine, and had really low amount of hitpoints) with 30(!) shots.

Stop playing dude, RNG Jesus really, really hates you from deep inside.no balance in the World will work for you with that Bad luck tbh
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★