Login

russian armor

Probably the real problem with OKW

5 Dec 2015, 13:02 PM

Hey Guys,

Before nerfing the OKW completely down to the bones I do think that I can find the real OPness in this faction.

In my eyes there are 2:

The Kubelwagen:

The Kubel gives you a insane amount of capping power, where the rest of the factions have to focus in the start on getting map control a OKW player can just full force into the game and let the kubel cap the whole map. Since the opponent can't lose too much of it's good positioning early on in the game the map control will be far worse, therefor it's harder to get a counter on the field.

The 15 minute KT:

Personaly I don't see the problem with a Panther coming onto the field around 15-16 minutes, but seeing a KT at that time is completely insane. This should be made to atleast 14-15 cp's.

My thoughts to fixing this problem is to simply reduce the capspeed of the Kubel to 50% of the normal capping rate or give it back it's old role.

For the KT as earlier mentioned to 14-15 CP's like the Jagdtiger.

These are my 2 cents

Edit:

Good point made, Because there's no side teching the OKW has way better resource income than other factions.
5 Dec 2015, 13:05 PM

There is no upcoming nerfs. Relic has been testing the changes for almost 6 months. These are final.

If KT is a problem in team games then its cost can go up slightly, 800/290. OKW has hard time capping points with their useless volks so the new kubel is here to stay.
5 Dec 2015, 13:05 PM

Hey Guys,

Before nerfing the OKW completely down to the bones I do think that I can find the real OPness in this faction.

In my eyes there are 2:

The Kubelwagen:

The Kubel gives you a insane amount of capping power, where the rest of the factions have to focus in the start on getting map control a OKW player can just full force into the game and let the kubel cap the whole map. Since the opponent can't lose too much of it's good positioning early on in the game the map control will be far worse, therefor it's harder to get a counter on the field.

The 15 minute KT:

Personaly I don't see the problem with a Panther coming onto the field around 15-16 minutes, but seeing a KT at that time is completely insane. This should be made to atleast 14-15 cp's.

My thoughts to fixing this problem is to simply reduce the capspeed of the Kubel to 50% of the normal capping rate or give it back it's old role.

For the KT as earlier mentioned to 14-15 CP's like the Jagdtiger.

These are my 2 cents

AND the fact that OKW have no sidegrades... they need sidegrades for nades, medics and repair guys IMO... the float is real.
5 Dec 2015, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2015, 13:05 PMpugzii

AND the fact that OKW have no sidegrades... they need sidegrades for nades, medics and repair guys IMO... the float is real.

Editted the post, good point. Give some superiour resource income
5 Dec 2015, 13:10 PM

Free healing, free repairs, free locking down sector. Fine.
But free schrecks?
Free incendiary nades?

2 options. Keep teching bonuses but make side upgrades for weapons or keep weapons without side upgrades but make upgrades for healing, repairs and flak gun.

I love how relic tried to make early and mid game longer through many many patches by increasing cost or CPs yet now they throw 14min KT. Logic.
5 Dec 2015, 13:10 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I totally agree with Iron Emperor. Okw is fine when those two things are fixed.
5 Dec 2015, 13:17 PM

aw come on pls...

-1 mine at a not obivious point = dead kübel. Kübel suppression was way worse and ealier in skilled hands

-15min KT means you did something terribly wrong

4v4 player?

playercard pls
5 Dec 2015, 13:17 PM

Agree with OP. Another problem is that when i chase down kubelwagen (wich is really hard with new super armor) It can just drive in base with nice cover of flak emplacements :foreveralone: give OKW base MG's pls.
5 Dec 2015, 13:29 PM

For the most part I agree, I think the Kubelwagen needs it's fuel cost back, if not double it (10). As for the Panzer and Tiger II, maybe an additional tech gate to lock these two super powers behind so that you can't just just roll out with in mid-game with late-game equipment. Panzerschrecks should be moved to dedicated Anti-Tank Teams in Battlegroup HQ as well.
5 Dec 2015, 13:47 PM

the king tiger is just over powered for its cost, it's not just a matter of timing.

Remember that with the old fuel penalty it effectively costed 390 fuel. It probably benefited the most from the increased in fuel income due to its high fuel cost.
5 Dec 2015, 13:49 PM

aw come on pls...

-1 mine at a not obivious point = dead kübel. Kübel suppression was way worse and ealier in skilled hands

4v4 player?

playercard pls

5 Dec 2015, 13:50 PM

the king tiger is just over powered for its cost, it's not just a matter of timing.

Remember that with the old fuel penalty it effectively costed 390 fuel. It probably benefited the most from the increased in fuel income due to its high fuel cost.

The prices should be adjusted indeed. For atleast the King Tiger AND Jagdtiger. Currently they're too cost efficient.
5 Dec 2015, 13:51 PM

aw come on pls...

4v4 player?

playercard pls

15 minute kt in 2v2 is possible if one goes fuel drop doctrine. Just push with luchs and volk blob to get both fuels and start dropping.
5 Dec 2015, 13:59 PM

15 minute kt in 2v2 is possible if one goes fuel drop doctrine. Just push with luchs and volk blob to get both fuels and start dropping.

easy counterable with maxims/vickers + Zis early locking down both fuels

look, now i'm theorycrafting too.
5 Dec 2015, 13:59 PM

The prices should be adjusted indeed. For atleast the King Tiger AND Jagdtiger. Currently they're too cost efficient.

I would rather they nerf the cannon on the king tiger. It wipe far too easily.
5 Dec 2015, 14:04 PM

easy counterable with maxims/vickers + Zis early locking down both fuels

look, now i'm theorycrafting too.

Mostly of the time the person will focus on that engagement, mostly of the time it's about a garrison
5 Dec 2015, 14:06 PM
Senior Caster Badge

OKW has so many benefits left over from the old resource penalty that need to be changed. They should not get free medics, free repairs, and a free Flak Canon. These should cost munitions or fuel to unlock. Likewise Shreks, Grenades and maybe even Salvage should require an unlock.
5 Dec 2015, 14:07 PM

aw come on pls...

4v4 player?

playercard pls

L2Math.

On 2v2 Map, with 50% map control you gain 26f per minute. At 15min you have (let's assume that you need 2 mins to get 50% map so at 15min you would have 13:30min fuel with 50% map income).
So 26x13,5 = 351 Fuel.
How much fuel you need to rush KT?
380 fuel.
Gap? 29fuel which is less than 1 drop form OST player.

Now you ve been completly outplayed by 50% mao control to get 15min KT (of even faster with 2 drops which would be 100/26= 3,8min, so 15min-3,8min=11,2min :foreveralone: )
5 Dec 2015, 14:08 PM

I do agree with the change to the KT, since 15 min is way too early. (Even though I didn´t get to field a Luchs within 6 min, neither a KT so fast, I dunno how players achieve that)

The Kubel on the other side was not a big problem in the 20+ games (mostly 2v2) I played yesterday. Some guys even built 2 of them, but I countered them with units in buildings, fast M20, BAR, zooks, vickers, Bren Carrier and so on.

A more annoying thing was the new Volks spam. Personally I don´t build more than 2-3 Volks if I play OKW, but some players seem to overdo it. In a 2v2 I faced 6! Volks equipped with shrecks. And since the increase in DPS, they were pretty hard to handle with inf. (Until Calliope hit the field.) I don´t know how, but there is something that has to be done about that. Perhaps a Debuff aura or something?

Another thing that comes on my mind where these two strategies on USF side, I had to face with OKW:
-Rear Echelon spam (~7-8 squads) pretty lethal, some eqipped with zooks, some with BAR/LMG
-M20 spam (~4-5 units)

I don´t know if I was just too surprised, but they hit me really hard and in the end I lost these games.

5 Dec 2015, 14:09 PM

there's also another benefit from the king tiger being a call in instead of built, instantaneous build time. Once you have enough fuel you can call it in right away.

even if the call in start on recharge, you will effectively run it down waiting for the 260 fuel.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★