Login

russian armor

Nerf the goliath in overwatch doctrine, lelic please!

4 Dec 2015, 17:26 PM

Problem is somewhere betwenn chair and monitor.

Like really if one player blob and second one use LOS , sightblockers and camo to ambush brainless blob then gues who should win ?

Maybe add sweeper with blob and dont move blob around corners if you dont have sweeper. Problem with camoed goliath near point you harras is another think but indoctrinal demo punish lonecapping as well as goliath
4 Dec 2015, 17:32 PM

NO, marketing wise, you can't nerf it till next patch
4 Dec 2015, 17:33 PM
Patrion 14

I did't use the Commander yet. But it seems like OKW now has a nice weapon to punish blobbs, which is nice.

And by the way, I get my squads regularly wiped by a good placed demo. If you are not able to dodge such things it's your fault.
4 Dec 2015, 17:47 PM

My complaint is its ability to wipe single squads, forcing all squads to walk around baby sitted by an engineer. A strength of OKW, forcing battles where they want them, is further strengthened.

Demo's are literally the same problem, and now all of sudden we are cool with this?
4 Dec 2015, 17:51 PM

I've tried it a few times, great blob counter, just like the demo. It is more powerful of course, a los nerf could be in order..but it's doctrinal, so..meh
4 Dec 2015, 18:04 PM

OP commander = better income

simply we all will play OKW until next patch

and axis whiner is more cool, then alies whiner
4 Dec 2015, 18:06 PM

I've tried it a few times, great blob counter, just like the demo. It is more powerful of course, a los nerf could be in order..but it's doctrinal, so..meh

Only nerf it should deserve if any is cost increase . So players in both sides will play more about in order to counter it without loosing too much or try to maximalise its effect in order to use it with konjuction with other units and sight blockers
4 Dec 2015, 18:07 PM

All this video shows is a bunch of 4v4 noobs being punished for blobbing.
4 Dec 2015, 18:11 PM
Donator 33

#Adapt to Goliath´s since its too early to cry for nerfs as now Axis have their own "rolling democharge"

(Spread your troops, get minesweepers & Smoke and Flank)
4 Dec 2015, 18:16 PM

It's expensive. Although it's a lot easier to land than a railway artillery and equally devastating. Hey, even so, I'm sure there is some way to fix that. Perhaps scout cars have an effectiveness to it like it has against snipers?
4 Dec 2015, 18:18 PM

The goliath will surely be nerfed but not until people buy the commander. For what the goliath does it should cost MP fuel and Munitions.
4 Dec 2015, 18:21 PM

Goliath OP? for me it's easily killed by anything and i heard that infantry never misses it
4 Dec 2015, 18:25 PM

Only nerf it should deserve if any is cost increase . So players in both sides will play more about in order to counter it without loosing too much or try to maximalise its effect in order to use it with konjuction with other units and sight blockers

Well, wouldn't a los nerf have pretty much the same effect? I mean, you would have to use it in conjuction with spotters and sight blockers if it couldn't do that itself. 100 mun is already a hefty cost. I haven't got a feeling how much it is with the new okw income just yet, but the 90 mun cost for the demo is a big deterrent to use it overly much.

I generally dislike putting too much cost and power in a unit as it aggravates balancing, but I haven't tried it enough to be sure in this case.
4 Dec 2015, 18:26 PM
Donator 33

Goliath OP? for me it's easily killed by anything and i heard that infantry never misses it

Yep, pretty much.

It has

>120HP
>0 armor
>target size of 5

It dies very fast.

Also: I noticed its acceleration is awful.
4 Dec 2015, 18:38 PM

You don't even need a stupid minesweeper, all you need is A move a single squad into it.

ikr ? just press a move to some place, and wait till you squad gets wiped, then you know that there was a goliath. fking great idea ... loved it
4 Dec 2015, 18:57 PM

Yep, pretty much.

It has

>120HP
>0 armor
>target size of 5

It dies very fast.

Like Brad said, it gets one shooted by su76/zis. Infantry always hits it. It's doctrinal, can be detected by minesweeper or in close proximity (like snipers). 100muni means less mines, shrecks and upgrades. Yes u can ambush stuff with goliath, but same way u can do with demo charge - people build it on retreat point/choke points, next to buildings.

Give it a time, people will have fun with it and once free weekend ends they will move to jagtiger,spec ops, falls/jli.

"Don't blob and u will be fine." - every allied player that blown your stuff with democharge :lolol:

4 Dec 2015, 19:13 PM
Donator 22

Yep, pretty much.

It has

>120HP
>0 armor
>target size of 5

It dies very fast.

+1
4 Dec 2015, 19:25 PM

Permanently Banned
I feel the only problem is that goliath can self spot. If it didnt have that it would be fine.
4 Dec 2015, 19:54 PM

Just button it with Guards lmao
4 Dec 2015, 19:57 PM
Donator 33

Just button it with Guards lmao

You can actually do that? :romeoPls:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 36
Germany 741
Netherlands 10

Ladders Top 10