Login

russian armor

OKW Free Flares on new commander??

4 Dec 2015, 15:04 PM

I don't understand why OKW get's a free passive flare ability with it's commander. To me is absurdly unbalanced.

You don't even have to click on the points to add the flares and it doesn't cost anything.

MEANWHILE Russia has to sacrifice vet, munitions, time, and micro to set up their trip wire flares (yeh it kills one unit, but that's nothing). Also it takes forever to set up.

All other commanders USF, Russia, UKF, even other axis and factions have to use munitions and micro for doctrine & non-doctrine flares.

I don't understand why there isn't more talk about this.

Seriously a free passive flare ability on ALL captured flags?? You can't expect to have a mine sweeper on every flag either to negate it.

Makes no sense in regards to balance.
4 Dec 2015, 15:07 PM

trip flares are subpar (unless you cheese-wipe by putting them at a building door)
Soviet Mortar flare is the real MVP.

On topic I am suprised that OKW get the flares and the SwS forward receivers passively without having to pay anything.
I don't think the abilities are OP however.
4 Dec 2015, 15:08 PM

trip flares are subpar (unless you cheese-wipe by putting them at a building door)

Soviet Mortar flare is the real MVP.

On topic I am suprised that OKW get the flares and the SwS forward receivers passively without having to pay anything.
I don't think the abilities are OP however.

Should be atleast 100 muni per forward receivers, since it gives you insane intel the whole time.
4 Dec 2015, 15:10 PM

The advantage this ability offers is also high because it costs 0 micro tax and in team games huge amounts of indirect fire will land on the now visible capping unit.

The ability should require a unit to booby trap the territory to set the flares. Can be fast, can be free, but seriously this ability as it stands is too good.
4 Dec 2015, 15:11 PM

I like the above suggestion of Imagelessbean's with a manual booby trap.

If they are going to cry to much about it, another suggestion would be to make a cost cycle for the flares.

Want to instantly place flares on all post? Click the commander button. The button will charge you munitions based on how many flags you captured. Or maybe make it a flat rate (not based on the amount of flags). Anything other than a free, microless ability with nothing but full benefits.

OKW floats munitions now anyways with the latest patch.
4 Dec 2015, 15:13 PM
Donator 11

The advantage this ability offers is also high because it costs 0 micro tax and in team games huge amounts of indirect fire will land on the now visible capping unit.

The ability should require a unit to booby trap the territory to set the flares. Can be fast, can be free, but seriously this ability as it stands is too good.

+1
4 Dec 2015, 15:14 PM

+1
4 Dec 2015, 15:15 PM

I like the above suggestion of Imagelessbean's with a manual booby trap.

If they are going to cry to much about it, another suggestion would be to make a cost cycle for the flares.

Want to instantly place flares on all post? Click the commander button. The button will charge you munitions based on how many flags you captured. Or maybe make it a flat rate (not based on the amount of flags). Anything other than a free, microless ability with nothing but full benefits.

OKW floats munitions now anyways with the latest patch.

It's unfair for all allied factions to let them have so much intel for 0 munies. Therefor a price for it would be the least.
4 Dec 2015, 15:16 PM

+1
4 Dec 2015, 16:01 PM

when an enemy decaps a point u already know it..?? so whats the advantage it lets see what unit capping if the opponent player is smart he wont put all his units near a capping point..??....or is it just some people want to make the doctrine useless like many other okw commander..??
4 Dec 2015, 16:04 PM

In team game flare + MG-42/sniper = rekted allied, at least give it a small muni cost like 15 muni per point.
4 Dec 2015, 16:26 PM

Dont nerf this half useless doctrine into ground.
it have 3 munny abilites and 2 passives.

This doctrine does not give you supression platform or elite infantry or doctrinal tank or arty with normal cost. All you get is maphack and goliath and some 30 second buff.

No it wont be meta doctrine in 1vs1 so it surely does not need nerfs because game is mainly balanced around 1vs1.
4 Dec 2015, 19:18 PM

Permanently Banned
Should be changed so okw has to manually set the flares, but its still free.
4 Dec 2015, 19:38 PM

Absolutely ridiculous that you just automatically get instant sight over anyone walking into your territory, with no cost, or micro. I really cannot understand what relic was thinking, because as usual, they weren't.

By no means should it be free. People who are saying it should be free but require you to click the point really aren't saying anything at all. Adding the horrible task of requiring a mouse click on the point is not sufficient. The ability should absolutely cost them something, especially since they just got their income leveled to everyone elses. With that new change in mind, there is zero argument for these things to be free.
4 Dec 2015, 19:43 PM
Patrion 14

+1
4 Dec 2015, 19:44 PM

when an enemy decaps a point u already know it..?? so whats the advantage it lets see what unit capping if the opponent player is smart he wont put all his units near a capping point..??....or is it just some people want to make the doctrine useless like many other okw commander..??

You can easily circumvent that by not standing in the center of the territory. Explain to me how adding a cost for this ability makes the whole doctrine useless.

4 Dec 2015, 20:30 PM

I don't understand why OKW get's a free passive flare ability with it's commander. To me is absurdly unbalanced.

You don't even have to click on the points to add the flares and it doesn't cost anything.

MEANWHILE Russia has to sacrifice vet, munitions, time, and micro to set up their trip wire flares (yeh it kills one unit, but that's nothing). Also it takes forever to set up.

All other commanders USF, Russia, UKF, even other axis and factions have to use munitions and micro for doctrine & non-doctrine flares.

I don't understand why there isn't more talk about this.

Seriously a free passive flare ability on ALL captured flags?? You can't expect to have a mine sweeper on every flag either to negate it.

Makes no sense in regards to balance.

I don't understand why don't you use mine detectors.
Did you know that is a counter?
How about play the game and git gud that's the only way.

+1 Stop crying pls and l2p
4 Dec 2015, 20:33 PM

I don't understand why don't you use mine detectors.
Did you know that is a counter?
How about play the game and git gud that's the only way.

+1 Stop crying pls and l2p

Its not really fun to only be able to cap points with minesweepers present. It kinda takes a lot out of the game.
4 Dec 2015, 20:37 PM

Its not really fun to only be able to cap points with minesweepers present. It kinda takes a lot out of the game.

You need minesweepers to cap points?
Is that a new feature? :D
Not to mention is was tested by relic and then tested more with the balance preview?
4 Dec 2015, 20:41 PM

You know, if the ability was a passive one that just extended the sight of captured territory, I wonder if people would feel the same way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★