Option Distribution Votes
29%
57%
14%
Total votes: 7
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
3 Dec 2015, 23:34 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

What Relic wanted? Add M3 Halftrack with AA package to US Forces with the Brand-New Doctrine!

What Relic had:
1. New M3 model from MechCompany without AA package.
2. Old model from Soviet T3 (actually it's upgraded M3 model from vCoH), but with AA package.

How Relic can do it?
1. Take new model, which already have Soviet camouflages, and add to it AA package (i mean upgrade 3D model of M3).
2. Take old ugly model, and add US camouflages.

Now US army have two different M3 (M5) with different models. I think it's bad. One of them is useless (in my humble opinion), and the other one is ugly, but usefull.

My solution: Upgarde M3 model from MechCompany, add AA package for ammo and put it in the new US Commander instead of old M5 Halftrack (but without US combat Engineers). Also replace old M5 model in the soviet T3.

So, what do you think?
4 Dec 2015, 00:37 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The M17 AA Halftrack was based off of the M5, so keep it that way.

Plus, HTs are always useful. Reinforcement in the field, plus in Mechanized Company it comes with Assault Engineers, so you can turn it into a USF Clown Car.
4 Dec 2015, 02:05 AM
Patrion 27

I am confused by the OP, but I just want to see the M3 HT replaced with the M5 ht in Mechanized Co.
4 Dec 2015, 02:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I am confused by the OP, but I just want to see the M3 HT replaced with the M5 ht in Mechanized Co.

Well, i's hard to replace the M5 with something worse. WC-51 maybe?
4 Dec 2015, 03:15 AM

The M17 AA Halftrack was based off of the M5, so keep it that way.

Seems to be some confusion between the Half-Tracks. The M5 and M17 Half-Track was an export model for the Soviet Union and other countries, the United States used the M3 and M16 Half-track as well as others based on the M3. That said, it makes no sense that Relic added the M5 Half-Track to USF, since we never used that version in war, it's like giving USF a T-34/76 because the Soviets gave us two of them in 1941.

I'm assuming the real reason USF got an M5 was because Relic couldn't be bothered to model the M45 on the newer M3 model. Not like it matters much anyway because the M5 model doesn't look like an M5 anyway, and is in-fact just the M3 model from CoH1, renamed.
4 Dec 2015, 12:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Seems to be some confusion between the Half-Tracks. The M5 and M17 Half-Track was an export model for the Soviet Union and other countries, the United States used the M3 and M16 Half-track as well as others based on the M3. That said, it makes no sense that Relic added the M5 Half-Track to USF, since we never used that version in war, it's like giving USF a T-34/76 because the Soviets gave us two of them in 1941.

I'm assuming the real reason USF got an M5 was because Relic couldn't be bothered to model the M45 on the newer M3 model. Not like it matters much anyway because the M5 model doesn't look like an M5 anyway, and is in-fact just the M3 model from CoH1, renamed.

I understand the historical fact that M5s were mostly lend-leased, with M17s mostly to the USSR.

I also agree with your assumption that Relic most likely didn't model an M16 Multiple Gun Motor Carriage in CoH2 because they had an (almost) look-alike in the form of the M5/M17.

I disagreed on the poll since the issue was minor--cosmetics are cosmetics, after all. If relic put the M3 in the doctrine and coded it to allow an upgrade into an M16, it that would be fine with me, no need to make a brand-new 3D model or put new skins on it.
4 Dec 2015, 13:02 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I disagreed on the poll since the issue was minor--cosmetics are cosmetics, after all. If relic put the M3 in the doctrine and coded it to allow an upgrade into an M16, it that would be fine with me...

Actually, that what i am talking about (basically)! My knoledge of English again kidding me.
Also, i mean camouflages (not skins) which you can buy in the store. Edited it in the first post.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★