Login

russian armor

Weapon racks for Germans or remove them completely?

Remove upgrade on field and make weapon racks for every faction.
Option Distribution Votes
32%
68%
Total votes: 87
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
2 Dec 2015, 21:34 PM

So do you think, that all base infantry should pick up their weapon upgrades in base, or upgrade them in field?

Now Grens and Volks can upgrade their LMGs and Schrecks in combat, meanwhile Tommies and Rifles pick up their weapons at the base, which takes micro and time. And of course upgrading in combat is usually a surprise to enemy and can change many situations.

Should germans have weapon racks or make allies able to upgrade on field?

Id like to hear people´s opinions, im not even sure myself.

But i wouldnt make weapon racks for PZGrens, Guards, Airborne etc, elite units should always upgrade on field.

And same thing for Pioneers and Engineers flamers.

EDIT: I do not want pioneers able to pick up LMG42s, only grens could pick them etc..
2 Dec 2015, 21:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't know what to say about it exactly, but I can see what you're getting at. The mechanic is probably one that could use a fine-tooth combing over and I'd think it presumptuous to simply regard it as fine.
2 Dec 2015, 21:39 PM

For the sake of balance, yes.
2 Dec 2015, 21:56 PM

Weapon racks = all units with weapon slots can pick them up.

Weapon racks for any available squad to use was one of USF's pros, so they will lose that luxury completely (since brits have convenient weapon racks) if everyone else can. Er, everyone but Soviets, of course. LMGs and AT rifles are doctrinal.
2 Dec 2015, 22:08 PM

I think no army in general should have weapon racks. It's "simple" coding to have USF and UKF to get weapons on the field. The WORST thing with USF is having to go all the way back to your base when your on the field bc you need weapons.
2 Dec 2015, 22:14 PM

It's asymmetric game design; Allies have more dudes in squad and are generally a bit stronger making them less punishing to play, but require rack upgrades just to annoy you a bit. It's a design choice not because it's hard to code it.
2 Dec 2015, 22:17 PM

Or maybe we can have this thing called "different factions" in an asymmetrically balanced game?

The point of weapon racks is that allies need to sacrifice field presence (or use a special halftrack/forward aseembly) to get weapon upgrades because they generally have a more aggressive early game and thus an easier time getting map control.

It also gives you some versatility. You can put that same weapon on anything that can hold them. This works out to some fun combinations like Commandos with brens, rear echelon squads with LMG's for fast suppression or simply giving bazookas to all your infantry. In comparison, the Germans can upgrade in the field (and get more powerful upgrades) but they don't have the same versatility. If you want panzerschrecks you need Pgrens/Volksgrenadiers, if you want LMG's you need grenadiers or obersoldaten etc.
2 Dec 2015, 22:24 PM

Axis weapon racks: LMG Pioniers lol
2 Dec 2015, 22:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Axis weapon racks: LMG Pioniers lol

"Sturmpioneers what?"
2 Dec 2015, 22:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2015, 21:34 PMl4hti
So do you think, that all base infantry should pick up their weapon upgrades in base, or upgrade them in field?

Now Grens and Volks can upgrade their LMGs and Schrecks in combat, meanwhile Tommies and Rifles pick up their weapons at the base, which takes micro and time. And of course upgrading in combat is usually a surprise to enemy and can change many situations.

Should germans have weapon racks or make allies able to upgrade on field?

Id like to hear people´s opinions, im not even sure myself.

But i wouldnt make weapon racks for PZGrens, Guards, Airborne etc, elite units should always upgrade on field.

And same thing for Pioneers and Engineers flamers.

this racks !!!!! i HATE tHEM !!! so much

so much times i thot i am getting bars but i got a zook
or if i play ukf the racks are so close and it heppend to me so much time
thet i got a fucking ukf zook and not the LMG

aixe wepon upgrade makes life so much better

2 Dec 2015, 22:36 PM

Sure good idea. But if so, T4 tech needs to be cheaper and gren reinforcement cost shouldn't be as high as it is now.

2 Dec 2015, 22:45 PM
Patrion 27

Taking a usf strength and giving it to wehr is right in line with okw having normal income without any downside. :hansWUT:
2 Dec 2015, 23:35 PM

Super heavy tank destroyers for allies or remove them completely!

Vet5 for everyone or no one!

All med tanks should have at least 180 armor!

See what I did there?

Not every army is supposed to have same pros and cons.
2 Dec 2015, 23:44 PM

Katifof, the only armies with pros and cons are Wehr and Sov, because of Prostruppen and Conscripts ololol
3 Dec 2015, 00:13 AM

Yes, please give axis weapon racks. Let me double LMG my grens and Pios. Then a day later watch the complaining start on how only grens should only be able to pick up one weapon and pios shouldn't be able to. Allies have weapon racks because they are able to double equip anything, as well as mix.

/thread
3 Dec 2015, 00:17 AM

Permanently Banned
Pretty sure weapon racks for axis would be considered a buff.
nee
3 Dec 2015, 09:08 AM

I think no army in general should have weapon racks. It's "simple" coding to have USF and UKF to get weapons on the field. The WORST thing with USF is having to go all the way back to your base when your on the field bc you need weapons.
Hell, the second worst thing is the upgrades can only be purchased in HQ sector.

But even that idea is 1000x times better than weapon racks placed at the corner of the map.

I think one way to do this is the Ambulance can be upgraded to carry the weapons so when you deploy it, you can buy right off it. Stick the truck next to Major and you're set. Paper thin armour and slow movement compensates for this.
3 Dec 2015, 09:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2015, 09:08 AMnee

I think one way to do this is the Ambulance can be upgraded to carry the weapons so when you deploy it

:snfPeter:

Its legit, even russians do it all the time on Crimea :snfPeter:
nee
3 Dec 2015, 09:11 AM

well i meant as replacement to healing
3 Dec 2015, 09:14 AM

LOL, pio spam with MG42s. What a great idea!:snfCHVGame:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W