Login

russian armor

OKW Vet 5 justified (December Update)?

2 Dec 2015, 08:37 AM

This "pls nerf OKW" thread before the patch is even out :facepalm:. The butthurt is real.

is OK for you that OKW resource penalties were removed while staying free healing, free repairs, free AA, and no need to side tech for Shreks and nade for volks, for example????

Do you really think that it won´t be balance problems related to this changes????

or maybe I don´t get the point of this post of yours, and it is just a constructive post???? because it only seems to be a post to make laughs of others poster here. No constructive at all, not what one could expect from someone that is part of the staff of this forum.

2 Dec 2015, 09:47 AM

You've just won the bullshit award of the month.
Vet5 is in place because stock OKW sucks and it is here to stay, hell some of the level4-5 Nerfs might be reverted as well. If you think the next patch is going to hurt, then prepare and relax yourself (and use some lube).
2 Dec 2015, 09:57 AM

Vet5 is in place because stock OKW sucks and it is here to stay, hell some of the level4-5 Nerfs might be reverted as well. If you think the next patch is going to hurt, then prepare and relax yourself (and use some lube).

Yes, just like soviet teching won't be overhauled, just like relic won't add pershing *sigh*, just like there won't be post release doctrine overhauls and just like there won't be units switched in tech post release of army.

Yeah, based on all of that vet5 have a huuuge chance to stay if it proves not to be working anymore :sibHyena:

Also, I'm not one army fanatical warrior, I will simply play axis until next patch if it will be unfun to play allies(GL HF brit players).
2 Dec 2015, 10:02 AM

I will simply play axis until next patch if it will be unfun to play allies(GL HF brit players).
It will be actually much more fun to play as allies as you will have to be more careful with your decisions and micro.
2 Dec 2015, 10:04 AM

It will be actually much more fun to play as allies at you will have to be more careful with your decisions and micro.

If you think it was ever any different, it means you probably never played vs anyone from top 100.
I did multiple times.

At this level its all about who can cheeze better, axis and especially OKW didn't really struggled there and while sometimes there are problems to pull it off as axis, its not like its cake walk for allies either.

Talking about 2v2 AT playing vs AT teams.
2 Dec 2015, 10:26 AM

The resourse penalty was justified because the OKW had very powerful units, which had a huge impact on the game when fielded. After many nerfs, and far less potent units, the resource penalty wasn't justified anymore in my opinion. So the removal of resource penalty is justified in my opinion as well.

As to address the veterancy. The change makes sense, but this isn't justified. They buffed the OKW pretty significantly, yet they didn't nerf one of the bigger aspects that justified the resource penalty in the first place, battle hardened superior vet. Now in the new patch, at vet 5, OKW units still outperform their counterparts, which is the equivalent of 1.25 of normal vet 3. So when they vet up, they don't get steps of 0,33 added towards vet 3 every time, but rather 0,25. Which means up untill vet 4, which they will reach slower than allied infantry due to it being the 4th vet level, they are inferior vet wise to the allied infantry. At vet 4 they are equal to vet 3 and suddenly they are superior at vet 5. Again it makes no sense now that the resource penalty is gone.

Vet should have been reworked as to vet 5 level being equal to vet 3 and the vet 5 is reached at the same time as vet 3 would, if equal experience is gained. I mean, we know they are not going to change something that major for all units, so this is the way to go with it.
2 Dec 2015, 10:27 AM

2. Removed suppression is a nerf, it could win engagements against several units even if you had less units on the field due better micro and positiong. Now it can cap and push. Yet a RE squad behind green cover is enough to scare it off. The MG34 on it can't kill a sniper even if you chase him over the whole map.

I see where you're coming from with that. The Kubel can't be used to hold of flanks in the early game anymore.
I think that it is pretty indiscussable tho that the changes to the Kubel are a straight up buff to that unit. I don't really see any reason not to go for one in every game after the patch regardless of the map. It buffs the OKW's early game buy a lot as it adds an insane amount of mobility and harassment potentional. It's the only vehicle that is allowed to cap by default and doesn't even have a fuel cost anymore. Also nothing is said about the armor buff making it less punishing to get caught out of position and allowing to engage squads in the open.

I would trade suppression for those changes every day. That change alone would have shaken up things quite a lot imo.
2 Dec 2015, 10:43 AM

Adding my big lap of text from an other post (yes Katitof I know what you said ;))

2 Dec 2015, 10:45 AM

I see where you're coming from with that. The Kubel can't be used to hold of flanks in the early game anymore.
I think that it is pretty indiscussable tho that the changes to the Kubel are a straight up buff to that unit. I don't really see any reason not to go for one in every game after the patch regardless of the map. It buffs the OKW's early game buy a lot as it adds an insane amount of mobility and harassment potentional. It's the only vehicle that is allowed to cap by default and doesn't even have a fuel cost anymore. Also nothing is said about the armor buff making it less punishing to get caught out of position and allowing to engage squads in the open.

I would trade suppression for those changes every day. That change alone would have shaken up things quite a lot imo.

I still don't really know what to think about it, a kubel with suppression can completely shut down a side in the early game, but with the current capping power of the OKW and don't have to full focus on capping with other units (which means they can battle straight away). Also I think it should cost atleast 10 fuel for that capping power
2 Dec 2015, 11:12 AM

Considering the USF rifle vet 3 power, OKW vet 5 is perfectly justified.

Most people need to realize, removing vet 5 is fine, but ALL OKW vet 3 better be buffed on par with USF vet 3.
2 Dec 2015, 11:29 AM

Again this is really not true. Units regularly receive vet 4 and 5. Harder on some (Kubel) almost guaranteed on others (Volks). You get the bonus of vet 4 and 5 because OKW had few tanks and their infantry had to be able to stand up alone to armor in the late game. Now they get it and have no downsides.

Yes but they need that extra vet to be on par with 3 vetted allied infantry, for example 3 vet rifles are insane.

Volks are bad, maybe not after update but while they had penalty... isg got nerfed... kubel nerfed...fuck yeah remove that penalty.

All these perks Headquarters give are good but for full value from them they need to be fielded where they can get destroyed and is even further punished by the fact you must buy trucks.(im not basing this purely on 1v1)As well they made you start with 30 less fuel and increased the fuel required for mech and t4

USF tier upgrades give them captain which is nutty and there own forward retreat/heal point later on, so its not like they are the only faction getting good rewards with their tier upgrades, I agree OKW will be strong after this update THATS THE POINT.

2 Dec 2015, 11:34 AM

If Relic ever bring axis infantry vet in line of allied infantry vet, forum would be drowned in allied tears for months.

There is only two OKW units which can semi-reliably reach hight vet levels which actually give them huge influence over the game (STG obers and jp4), meanwhile most vet5 units is far worse than allied vet3 and lose to them in every circumstances imaginable.
2 Dec 2015, 12:32 PM
Patrion 14

I'd consider removing vet 4 and 5 a good thing. Since that means obersoldatens and everything else will be massively buffed to compensate for that(they got nerfed because vet 4 obers were too good).

@Jadame, that 114 winstreak in 4v4 as allies, holy pudding.
2 Dec 2015, 12:34 PM

I'd consider removing vet 4 and 5 a good thing. Since that means obersoldatens and everything else will be massively buffed to compensate for that(they got nerfed because vet 4 obers were too good).

@Jadame, that 114 winstreak in 4v4 as allies, holy pudding.

Obers were nerfed, because vet0 obers were too good, this never had anything to do with vet.
If it was any different, their default rec acc would be taken away because of godly vet rec acc they got.
2 Dec 2015, 12:37 PM
Patrion 14

Obers were nerfed, because vet0 obers were too good, this never had anything to do with vet.
If it was any different, their default rec acc would be taken away because of godly vet rec acc they got.

They start walking into mordor and out at vet 4 rec acc buffs. Vet 3 obers aren't that scary last time I remember them since most of those days I'm reminded of 120mm mortars instagibbing everything and everyone. Also, they were clumped into tiny cubicles which made them sad pandas when they got one shotted by a tank :(

Also, aren't falls what obers should be without rec acc buffs from the start :foreveralone:
2 Dec 2015, 12:46 PM

why people think is fine vet4-vet5 for OKW because vet3 rifles, and at same time no one is asking for vet4-vet5 for USF tanks so they can be on par with OKW tanks?????

is something that I wonder some days ago....

maybe there are plenty of reasons to be this way, just asking....
2 Dec 2015, 12:49 PM

Obers were nerfed, because vet0 obers were too good

Vet 0 obers were always trash until they fought team weapons.

Obers start to shine from vet 2 where they get insane +40% accuracy bonus.
2 Dec 2015, 13:02 PM

+1
2 Dec 2015, 13:30 PM

There is only two OKW units which can semi-reliably reach high vet levels which actually give them huge influence over the game (STG obers and jp4), meanwhile most vet5 units is far worse than allied vet3 and lose to them in every circumstances imaginable.

Not to mention how much xp/time is required to reach vet 5.
2 Dec 2015, 14:13 PM

Wait...this is simply not true. At release vet 0 Obers were insane, they even had bonuses against retreating units.

Vet for basic infantry from COH2.org:

Scripts
1: Unlocks the 'Trip Wire Flares' ability
2: +40% accuracy, +25% molotov range
3: -20% weapon cooldown, -40% received accuracy, -25% AT grenade recharge

Grens
1: Unlocks the 'Field First Aid' ability
2: +40% accuracy
3: -20% cooldown, -23% received accuracy, -25% recharge time for Panzerfaust

Rifles
1: Unlocks the 'Anti-Tank Rifle Grenade' ability
2: -23% received accuracy, -20% weapon cooldown
3: -20% received accuracy,+30% accuracy, -50% ability recharge time, +25% grenade range

Volksgrenadiers
1: -10% received accuracy
2: +30% accuracy, -20% weapon cooldown
3: Passive Healing, -10% received accuracy
4: +40% sight range, +30% accuracy
5: -30% cooldown, -30% reload

Tommies
1: +10 Sight range in cover
2: Received accuracy -33%,
3: Adds 2 scoped enfield rifles to squad,+40% Accuracy,-20% cooldown

Just based on this, volks, which we said had the worst vet 5 in OKW compared to their mainline allied infantry (for instance Sturmpios have so much deeper vet that they obviously beat all other engineer units), volks are still in line with all other Allied infantry at vet 2, do not get the received accuracy bonuses other units do ever, but to compensate get free healing whenever out of combat, and get far more bonuses related to their shooting of guns than other infantry. Ultimately, they get better at shooting, remain ok at avoiding incoming fire, and get no better with grenades (which as OKW has meant little since they have often avoided using munitions expenses, especially in the late game where tanks matter). On top of that they require 0 upgrades in fuel (unlike every other mainline infantry, arguably even Grens), they have the cheapest reinforce, lowest initial cost, and they vet quickest. I understand vet is being adjusted slightly, but seriously where is the vet 3 in 5 levels of vet, because here it looks like vet 3 in 3 levels, plus 2 more for extra fun, and this in the unit with some of the weaker vet in the OKW.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
Russian Federation 28
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak