Login

russian armor

Preview OKW vehicles:

25 Nov 2015, 11:16 AM

now that the OKW is looking to lose their penalty, some of their vehicle should be nerfed.

walking stuka: this thing is a wipe machine. damage per rocket should be lowered to 160

King Tiger: damage should be lowered to 160

panther: lower accuracy to .3-.6 (same as wehr panther)

edited:
panzer 4 J: separate the skirt armor from the base unit, like previously. Lower the base cost to compensate.

Jzp4: lower accuracy to .03/.05 (su-85 for comparison is .025-.05)
25 Nov 2015, 11:31 AM

Make vehicels same expensive as Ost vehicels twice as bad as they are actually. because i have not even a slide idea how this game works :megusta: :sibToxic:
25 Nov 2015, 11:32 AM

now that the OKW is looking to lose their penalty, some of their vehicle should be nerfed.

walking stuka: this thing is a wipe machine. damage per rocket should be lowered to 160

Nope, only directional and if you watch closely you can dodge it many times

Sounds decent, although it would be a more expensive IS-2 so that justifies it's higher dmg

Jzp4: lower accuracy to .3/.5 (same as stug and su-85)

Sounds decent

Fine

panzer 4 J: separate the skirt armor from the base unit, like previously.

Nope, this makes the 10 fuel difference of the unit
25 Nov 2015, 11:36 AM

You know that those vehicles still cost more than their counterparts?

Nerf all okw tanks, but give them no resource penalty... literally nothing changes about the current situation.
25 Nov 2015, 11:42 AM

Nerf all okw tanks, but give them no resource penalty... literally nothing changes about the current situation.

I have to say that THIS hits exactly my opinion ^_^
25 Nov 2015, 11:48 AM

we are talking about a 50% increase in fuel and munition income for OKW. The okw panther for example is better than the wehr panther because of more accurate main gun and better mg. Now that the income is equalized there isn't really a good reason why the OKW panther should still be better.

The King Tiger is almost trivial to tech for considering its power. It is no longer the mythical beast it once was.

the jpz is also extremely accurate. Against an "average" tank size target (22) it have an hit rate of 88% at far range. Against the sherman and jackson it jump up to 92% and 96%. The su-85 by comparison is only 55% against size 22, 57.5% against size 23, and 60% against size 24. stats.coh.hu is incorrect in regard to the accuracy of the su-85.

this extreme accuracy is excusable when the okw had a significant resource penalty, but not so much when they have the same income as everyone else.
25 Nov 2015, 11:58 AM

we are talking about a 50% increase in fuel and munition income for OKW. The okw panther for example is better than the wehr panther because of more accurate main gun and better mg. Now that the income is equalized there isn't really a good reason why the OKW panther should still be better.

The King Tiger is almost trivial to tech for considering its power. It is no longer the mythical beast it once was.

The ostheer panther simply needs too much tech to unlock, he should be buffed tech cost wise, nerfing the OKW panther is not the proper approach towards that issue.
The KT still costs more than the other heavy tank, fuel wise and tech wise.
25 Nov 2015, 12:01 PM

The ostheer panther simply needs too much tech to unlock, he should be buffed tech cost wise, nerfing the OKW panther is not the proper approach towards that issue.
The KT still costs more than the other heavy tank, fuel wise and tech wise.

You sure the issue isn't T4 level unit for T3 tech costs for OKW?
*looks at brits and comet place*

Previously the excuse was good-OKW couldn't get as many vehices as other armies, so they had easier access to more powerful tanks. The panther timing and "spammability" for OKW will cause balance issues now that penalties are gone.

By the time Ost will have their panther, OKW will be close to 2nd one, comet also arrives considerably later, USF and sov have nothing to compare to panther in their T3 and T4.
25 Nov 2015, 12:05 PM

The Panther is already redundant. Other vehicles do the job more cost efficient (StuG, JP IV). The last thing it needs is a further nerf. The rate of fire is poor and the health pool that of a T-34/85. Nerfing it further would simply look wrong as it would then be performing like the T-34/85 and Easy 8, which it shouldn´t.

Also the AI is already bad enough while the AT is only slightly above average (thx to the bad rof). You can´t effectively fight Churchills with it, because you simply need too much shots. And the Panther can´t get out a lot of shots in a reasonable amount of time.
25 Nov 2015, 12:13 PM

What relic want to do is BUFF THE WEAKEST FACTION INGAME if you now come and reduce everything because of more fuel it will be same worse as before! So if this is the case there is no redesign needed
25 Nov 2015, 12:26 PM

All of those changes sound horrible.
25 Nov 2015, 12:29 PM

All of those changes sound horrible.

When I saw stuka wipe machine i knew it's a troll thread. Too often i saw a stuka Landing right on top of weapon Crews and inf and doing very little damage
25 Nov 2015, 12:36 PM

When I saw stuka wipe machine i knew it's a troll thread. Too often i saw a stuka Landing right on top of weapon Crews and inf and doing very little damage

While the stuka wipes most of the time weapen crews, I mean if it hit :foreveralone:.
25 Nov 2015, 13:06 PM

While the stuka wipes most of the time weapen crews, I mean if it hit :foreveralone:.

Whats the secret then? My mate and me Came up versus some maxim spam heavy builds recently and we tried stuka zu Fuß as a counter but we had very little success, is there any Trick to apply to wipe weapon Crews efficiently with it?
25 Nov 2015, 13:19 PM

It's designed to be a wipe machine. I'd prefer a cost increase.

It kinda is its feature. Something needs to be buffed to compensate.

Ok

edited:
panzer 4 J: separate the skirt armor from the base unit, like previously. Lower the base cost to compensate.
Mirroring ost p4 is not a good solution for purposes of game design.

Ok

25 Nov 2015, 19:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2015, 12:01 PMKatitof

You sure the issue isn't T4 level unit for T3 tech costs for OKW?
*looks at brits and comet place*

Previously the excuse was good-OKW couldn't get as many vehices as other armies, so they had easier access to more powerful tanks. The panther timing and "spammability" for OKW will cause balance issues now that penalties are gone.

By the time Ost will have their panther, OKW will be close to 2nd one, comet also arrives considerably later, USF and sov have nothing to compare to panther in their T3 and T4.

I don't really think the panther is a big issue. It's more of a "reactionary unit" . You get it in order to deal with AI tanks or Heavy tanks. Rushing it brings you no game advantage, in most cases it would be more wise to spend resources on a luchs or p4 instead if you have the upper hand, as those tanks are shock units.

Same with the Comet, the Comet is AI & AT, that's why its behind a tech unlock, so you are not too punished as a player when you are behind in a game.
26 Nov 2015, 03:28 AM

It's fine as it is.

Then it needs some buff to compensate, maybe speed/acceleration/deceleration or rotate speed of turret?

I prefer to buff the wehr panther's accuracy to .3-.6 from .3-.5, actually it's a slight buff.

edited:

Why change a unit which is fine? Still has 640 HP and can be killed by 4 shots.

Sounds good. But buff their reload time to bring it in line with SU85 too ?

Edit: The issue of OKW panthers is the tech cost not the panther itself.
26 Nov 2015, 03:58 AM

Whats the secret then? My mate and me Came up versus some maxim spam heavy builds recently and we tried stuka zu Fuß as a counter but we had very little success, is there any Trick to apply to wipe weapon Crews efficiently with it?

have the first rocket land farther away from you. Don't follow his retreating unit with your rocket, have his retreating unit walk into it.

also try to fire it while that's fighting going on. Most likely he wouldn't hear it.

Sounds good. But buff their reload time to bring it in line with SU85 too ?

I prefer not to homogenize the unit too much, hence why the jpz4 is still a bit more accurate than the su-85.

the problem with panzer4 and the panther are that they are suppose to be the same unit as their wehr counterpart. Unless the guy at the factory skipped out on QA when making them they should be identical and I'm having difficulty justifying the difference.
26 Nov 2015, 04:09 AM

the problem with panzer4 and the panther are that they are suppose to be the same unit as their wehr counterpart. Unless the guy at the factory skipped out on QA when making them they should be identical and I'm having difficulty justifying the difference.

They are not, the Wher ones are 1943 versions, the OKW are 1944-1945 versions.
26 Nov 2015, 05:11 AM

They are not, the Wher ones are 1943 versions, the OKW are 1944-1945 versions.

It'd be nice of Relic to change the names of the two Panthers to make this difference more clear.
Ostheer would have the Panther Ausf. D or Ausf. A, and OKW would have the Panther Ausf. G, unless I'm making a terrible mistake.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★