Login

russian armor

December B.P. Geman Supply drop zone

26 Nov 2015, 22:08 PM

I think Allied supply drop should no longer drop in base, but contestable zone to balance out luft drop in the field.

*As in captured fuel points.
26 Nov 2015, 22:35 PM

This doesn't fix how bad the Soviet one is. When 1 German supply drop gets shot gets shot down, no big deal. When the Soviet plane gets shot down, WOOPS THERE GOES ALL YOUR FUEL
27 Nov 2015, 03:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 06:34 AMhubewa
Sigh... why do planes do this? Why is shooting down supply planes a mechanic?

Why shouldn't shooting down supply planes be a mechanic? It's pretty cool, tactically.
27 Nov 2015, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 22:35 PMF1sh
This doesn't fix how bad the Soviet one is. When 1 German supply drop gets shot gets shot down, no big deal. When the Soviet plane gets shot down, WOOPS THERE GOES ALL YOUR FUEL

If in your opinion A.S.D need fixing other than what is suggested here start a thread about it. Breaking S.D.Z. will fix any problems A.S.D. has either...

When the Soviet plane is shot down you do not lose Fuel you lose munition...
27 Nov 2015, 09:53 AM

I think Allied supply drop should no longer drop in base, but contestable zone to balance out luft drop in the field.
*As in captured fuel points.

luft drop more versatile, as it can produce fuel or ammunition.
27 Nov 2015, 10:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2015, 09:53 AMTAKTCOM

luft drop more versatile, as it can produce fuel or ammunition.

Fair enough, suppose that's a fair trade off.
27 Nov 2015, 17:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 21:06 PMMyself

Because he made it clear that he did not call me Jerry in his next post as the comment was not personal. Does that have anything to do with the debate? Pls try to stay on topic...

If he wanted to talk generally for axis the sentence should be:
"In simplistic terms, no more free fuel FOR jerry."

Good answer! back to topic!

I still think that it is faire with the new changes that the german planes can be shoot down now
27 Nov 2015, 18:03 PM

Why shouldn't shooting down supply planes be a mechanic? It's pretty cool, tactically.

It takes no micro, it just automatically happens. It's harsh that a doctrinal ability can be auto-by a player who happens to have AA.

It's not like you can use clever tactics to ensure your supply drop. Just roll the dice. Where are the tactics in your opinion?

I don't see any reason why either army should have their supply planes shot down. You're already paying resources.
27 Nov 2015, 18:28 PM

Im the only one that think changin
fuel -> munny
manpower -> fuel/munny
is agains core doctrine design ?

Also soviet one
manpower ->fuel
munny -> fuel

Is it really that hard to copypaste those abilities but change resources (from manpower to fuel and disable fuel drop , and plane cost 150 mp not 100 munny ?)?
27 Nov 2015, 20:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2015, 09:38 AMMyself

When the Soviet plane is shot down you do not lose Fuel you lose munition...

You lose fuel in the sense that you never get the fuel you paid for :facepalm:
27 Nov 2015, 20:34 PM

It's to balance it with the Soviet fuel drop

So much this.
27 Nov 2015, 20:43 PM

All commander abilities have counter play. Smoke for arty gives the opponent time to move, smoke for planes gives them time to move and the planes can be shot down, call-in units can be destroyed, ect...
Why can't resource planes have a risk and be shot down? The non risky conversion of resources from CAS is what got people pissed in the first place, but now that only risky ones her, everyone is bitching. I have played with the Soviet Lend Lease plenty of times, and rarely does my fuel plane get shot down, even against OKW.

I could see them at least splitting the Soviet fuel into two planes and making it a fixed amount like the Ost, but I won't like it if it was guaranteed.
27 Nov 2015, 20:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2015, 20:32 PMF1sh

You lose fuel in the sense that you never get the fuel you paid for :facepalm:

No need for gestures, you simply have to admit that your sentence is poorly written:

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2015, 22:35 PMF1sh
When the Soviet plane gets shot down, WOOPS THERE GOES ALL YOUR FUEL

The only thing you lose in Munition. If you go down the road of what you lose if S.D.Z. planes are shot down one will lose manpower which more important the MU in most cases.
27 Nov 2015, 20:56 PM

I one actually reads the suggestions I made one will see that I did not suggested for S.D.Z. to be immune to AA fire.

Since S.D.Z. have more prerequisites and can be countered on the ground it should have an equal or better chance on the air and it will have far worse chance if the changes go ahead as described, in the balance preview.
28 Nov 2015, 06:55 AM

Its essentially becomes a RNG based investment which doesn't do damage, I don't like it.

Especially with OKW base defences being able to shoot down supply planes. You can kind of nullify Lend Lease because of that.
28 Nov 2015, 07:12 AM

You know, I've never understood why OKW had those flak guns as base defenses to begin with, other than because, well, the other german faction in CoH1 had them, so why shouldn't the 2nd German faction in CoH2 be the same?

I mean, it made some sense for the Panzer Elite because they had no ATG, or mine layers outside of doctrine or the munitions halftrack (lulz). A base defense that could hold off light vehicles was very appropriate, especially since an M8 mine dropped at a building exit could be such a decisive move.

But OKW has a t0 ATG. OKW has a starting assault unit that lays and sweeps mines. Units don't spawn out of buildings.

Still doesn't make sense to me, or seem appropriate for these exact kinds of issues.
28 Nov 2015, 08:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2015, 09:55 AMMyself

(My name is not "jerry" mate but maybe you got confused because yours is Ivan?)

PLS try to leave personal staff out of balance debate.

Fuel Drop cost 200 (as it always did) so actually it is not "free"

Swiss are German btw. They neverb joined the German Confederation because they predicted things that actually happened as shown by history.
28 Nov 2015, 09:27 AM

You know, I've never understood why OKW had those flak guns as base defenses to begin with, other than because, well, the other german faction in CoH1 had them, so why shouldn't the 2nd German faction in CoH2 be the same?

I mean, it made some sense for the Panzer Elite because they had no ATG, or mine layers outside of doctrine or the munitions halftrack (lulz). A base defense that could hold off light vehicles was very appropriate, especially since an M8 mine dropped at a building exit could be such a decisive move.

But OKW has a t0 ATG. OKW has a starting assault unit that lays and sweeps mines. Units don't spawn out of buildings.

Still doesn't make sense to me, or seem appropriate for these exact kinds of issues.

They does not have faust. So a fast m3 can wipe pios when they retreat then 2 other volks because no one would ever build raketen as starting unit
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS