repair speed

24 Nov 2015, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 15:08 PMJohnnyB

My comment to this thread:

Can someone ban this troll already?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
JohnnyB.

The fascist response to debate is to silence it, ban it, remove it.

You sir have some very dodgy knee jerk reactions. Did you even read my response?

I have never advocated banning or silencing anyone, so i can only say i am the better person sir.
24 Nov 2015, 20:18 PM

I´m sorry to say that, but this guy is an obvious troll from the very beginning and you took the bait.

Who are you referring to?
24 Nov 2015, 21:04 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Let's get some things straight before we dive in for repair speeds:

Non-Doctrinal Repair Rate without upgrades or vet per model:

Sappers: 2
Pios: 1.6
Combat Engineers: 1.6
Rear Echelon: 2
Sturm Pioneers: 1.6
Vehicle Crews: 1.6

With Veterancy 2

Sappers: 3
Pios: 2.6
Combat Engineers: 2.6
Rear Echelon: 3
Sturm Pioneers: 2.6
Vehicle Crews: 2.5

With Upgrades

Sappers: 5 (Anvil)
Sturm Pioneers: 3.6 (Support Package)

Not sure on the mech truck pioneers, but anyways, I'll paste this here on my thoughts on that balance post I made:

Eastern Front Army Non-Doctrinal Repairs: Allow the Sweeper upgrade to improve the repairs on Pios and Combat Engineers as it's difficult to get these units to vet 2 where their repair bonus lies. Yes you can generally buy more of them, but these two factions get nothing to supplement their repairs like the Mechanized Truck, Upgraded Sturms, Anvil Sappers, Vehicle Crews, etc. You'd still need 2 of these units to perform efficient repairs, but it allows the combat ineffective sweepers be better in the support role without needing that vet.

Adding 0.5 from the sweeper upgrade to their base repair rate of 1.6 would be ideal.

24 Nov 2015, 21:13 PM

With Veterancy 2

With Upgrades

Not sure on the mech truck pioneers, but anyways, I'll paste this here on my thoughts on that balance post I made:

Eastern Front Army Non-Doctrinal Repairs: Allow the Sweeper upgrade to improve the repairs on Pios and Combat Engineers as it's difficult to get these units to vet 2 where their repair bonus lies. Yes you can generally buy more of them, but these two factions get nothing to supplement their repairs like the Mechanized Truck, Upgraded Sturms, Anvil Sappers, Vehicle Crews, etc. You'd still need 2 of these units to perform efficient repairs, but it allows the combat ineffective sweepers be better in the support role without needing that vet.

Adding 0.5 to their base repair rate of 1.6 would be ideal.

Thanks for the Data! They were Posted here already but I just cant get the search Function work for me on this forum, I never find anything with it..

Edit: just for having it all, do you have the Data for the doctrinal conscript repair?
25 Nov 2015, 00:59 AM

With Veterancy 2

With Upgrades

Adding 0.5 from the sweeper upgrade to their base repair rate of 1.6 would be ideal.

It looks like Sturm's repair was ninja nerfed after all. Or... ninja mistake? :clap:
25 Nov 2015, 01:06 AM

By the way, doesn't this topic belong to balance section? I think this worth to be discussed more on that section.
25 Nov 2015, 01:24 AM

By the way, doesn't this topic belong to balance section? I think this worth to be discussed more on that section.

I had a hard time deciding in which sub k should post it but Came to the conclusion it's more about gameplay (not fun watching your repair units repairing something for several units) than balance. But it surely can be moved there too..

On a side note: i miss repair bunkers :(
25 Nov 2015, 01:27 AM

can we go back to topic pls?:guyokay:

With pleasure.

The problem is that you can only vet up your CEs and Pios by upgrading the flamer and using them as a frontline unit, which will keep them busy and you might lose them.

Other battlefield actions should provide XP for the unit. Actions like planting mines, kills and damage done by mines (I'm pretty sure right now mine damage does not give XP to the builder unit) or even repairing itself should provide small amount of XP. If your CEs have repaired 2-3 tanks to full HP, they should be somewhere near Vet 2.
25 Nov 2015, 01:27 AM

On a side note: i miss repair bunkers :(

Good Ol' days :)
25 Nov 2015, 01:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2015, 01:27 AMRMMLz

With pleasure.

The problem is that you can only vet up your CEs and Pios by upgrading the flamer and using them as a frontline unit, which will keep them busy and you might lose them.

Other battlefield actions should provide XP for the unit. Actions like planting mines, kills and damage done by mines (I'm pretty sure right now mine damage does not give XP to the builder unit) or even repairing itself should provide small amount of XP. If your CEs have repaired 2-3 tanks to full HP, they should be somewhere near Vet 2.

Especially the thing with mines baffles me! Am I right that in vcoh the units got the XP via mines? It would solve the problem tbh because the repair speed with vet 2 is fine and it would be much more realistic to reach it with your Pios constantly
25 Nov 2015, 01:33 AM

Especially the thing with mines baffles me! Am I right that in vcoh the units got the XP via mines? It would solve the problem tbh because the repair speed with vet 2 is fine and it would be much more realistic to reach it with your Pios constantly

Not sure about vCoH, but yea if builders have other means of gaining XP there would be no problem. Especially CEs and Pios.
25 Nov 2015, 01:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2015, 01:33 AMRMMLz

Not sure about vCoH, but yea if builders have other means of gaining XP there would be no problem. Especially CEs and Pios.

I just remember XP popping up when someone Hit a mine so pretty sure it did,hm time to reinstall it i guess :D
25 Nov 2015, 02:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2015, 01:33 AMRMMLz

vCoH even if it didn't have other methods (can't remember myself) only had one faction suffer from it anyway, because Brits' Sappers didn't vet only their Officers did, Panzer Grenadiers were both PE's frontline infantry and engineers anyway, and Wehr could only buy veterancy.
25 Nov 2015, 02:49 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2015, 02:00 AMVuther

vCoH even if it didn't have other methods (can't remember myself) only had one faction suffer from it anyway, because Brits' Sappers didn't vet only their Officers did, Panzer Grenadiers were both PE's frontline infantry and engineers anyway, and Wehr could only buy veterancy.

Americans were using engies as frontline troops pretty often too. Depending on patch engie build could be better than rifle build, giving tons of veted repair squads in mid and late game.
25 Nov 2015, 03:03 AM

Dread you are too aggressive. relax a bit
25 Nov 2015, 03:06 AM

I'd just propose Tier 3 or 4 giving a passive increase repair speed as this would also promote teching these tiers rather than just holding out for call ins
25 Nov 2015, 03:30 AM

hi guys

after watching the epic 1 1/2 hour game yesterday (sprice/barton vs paula crew) im wondering again why there is such a HUGE difference in repairspeed?
is this a balancing issue or just "newer factions gets more stuff"?

atleast i would like to have some chance to upgrade the repair speed of soviet/ostheer pios via the minesweeper upgrade. at the moment it can be a real pain to repair a 800hp tank even with 2-3 pios, while a single royal engineer is laughing and repairs a 1400hp tank in the speed of light?

In latest preview, brits heavy engineers need 70 upgrade muni cost for high repair speed, i think still 2x speed is too high.
25 Nov 2015, 04:19 AM

I feel like repair speeds have gotten way too fast with the new factions. Nerfing repair speeds across the board to ost/sov levels, with the exception of sturms who can have 1.5x, would add a level of strategy to the game where damaging an enemy's tank without killing it would be more effective than it currently is. Having a tank back at base for repairs should be a tactical element of the game, not a "pop back, superglue together, pop in, go" thing that it is now.

Different factions are good and all, but some quintessential things, like repair speed and access to suppression/mines should be similar or the same across all factions in order to allow deeper play/counterplay scenarios.

You ever feel frustrated watching an IS-2's health crawl up while being repaired by 2 engineers? Good, that's how it should be.
25 Nov 2015, 05:43 AM

OKW also has super fast repair speed, especially with minesweeper that doesnt take weapon slot giving them ability to get vet with minesweepers. Not to mention the repair truck.

As for ost and sov engies you need to upgrade them with flamer, not sweeper to get fastest repair speed because with flamer they can get vet and engineer vet makes repairs faster.

Also mind that brits need that repair speed to repair churchills - heavy tanks that have only one advantage, health. That makes it critical to repair fast.

Sturm pio also cost significantly more, and takes up more pop cap.

So they kinda MUST perform better, or they are a waste of space and a liability.
25 Nov 2015, 16:27 PM

Americans were using engies as frontline troops pretty often too. Depending on patch engie build could be better than rifle build, giving tons of veted repair squads in mid and late game.

No Veterancy:

Unit is at normal combat efficiency.

Veterancy Engineer Squad 1 Level 1 Veterancy:

+15% accuracy with all weapons.
25% harder to hit by any enemy weapon.

Veterancy Engineer Squad 2 Level 2 Veterancy:

+33% firing rate with all weapons.
+25% resistance to Suppression.
+15% Damage Reduction from all sources.

Veterancy Engineer Squad 3 Level 3 Veterancy:

+20% accuracy with all weapons.
+50% damage with all weapons.

From the CoH wiki. Not seeing repair speed anywhere in there m8.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★