Login

russian armor

repair speed

24 Nov 2015, 11:32 AM

hi guys

after watching the epic 1 1/2 hour game yesterday (sprice/barton vs paula crew) im wondering again why there is such a HUGE difference in repairspeed?
is this a balancing issue or just "newer factions gets more stuff"?

atleast i would like to have some chance to upgrade the repair speed of soviet/ostheer pios via the minesweeper upgrade. at the moment it can be a real pain to repair a 800hp tank even with 2-3 pios, while a single royal engineer is laughing and repairs a 1400hp tank in the speed of light?
24 Nov 2015, 11:34 AM

It will probably be the upgraded RE's
24 Nov 2015, 13:22 PM

hi guys

after watching the epic 1 1/2 hour game yesterday (sprice/barton vs paula crew) im wondering again why there is such a HUGE difference in repairspeed?
is this a balancing issue or just "newer factions gets more stuff"?

atleast i would like to have some chance to upgrade the repair speed of soviet/ostheer pios via the minesweeper upgrade. at the moment it can be a real pain to repair a 800hp tank even with 2-3 pios, while a single royal engineer is laughing and repairs a 1400hp tank in the speed of light?

Obvious fanboy thread.

The difference in repair speed is to compensate for better axis armor.... doi....

If axis had allied repair speeds they would be way too OP.
24 Nov 2015, 13:24 PM

Obvious fanboy thread.

The difference in repair speed is to compensate for better axis armor.... doi....

If axis had allied repair speeds they would be way too OP.

since im proposing the exact same change to soviets pios this must be an axis fanboy thread 100%
24 Nov 2015, 13:26 PM

since im proposing the exact same change to soviets pios this must be an axis fanboy thread 100%

It seems more like a sneaky way to get get ostheer faster repair speed.

I love ostheer, its currently the most balanced faction. Doesnt need any changes.
24 Nov 2015, 13:29 PM

It seems more like a sneaky way to get get ostheer faster repair speed.

I love ostheer, its currently the most balanced faction. Doesnt need any changes.

sneaky me! how did you find out my masterplan to buff ostheer into oblivion? cant you just go back to create useless threads?
24 Nov 2015, 13:33 PM

sneaky me! how did you find out my masterplan to buff ostheer into oblivion? cant you just go back to create useless threads?

No cause i dont like to give keyboard warriors like you fuel for the fire haha.

Ostheer have the most diverse strats at the moment, they dont need any buffs. The repair speed isnt an issue if you dont solo your tanks all the time, but advance as a front.
24 Nov 2015, 13:57 PM

Ostheer have the most diverse strats at the moment, they dont need any buffs. The repair speed isnt an issue if you dont solo your tanks all the time, but advance as a front.

Good thing i have a playercard as forum warrior while you..? Hmm
24 Nov 2015, 14:13 PM
Donator 22

I love ostheer, its currently the most balanced faction.

with this statement, you told us A. that you have no clue about the current game or B. that you havent played OH for a while.
24 Nov 2015, 14:15 PM

with this statement, you told us A. that you have no clue about the current game or B. that you havent played OH for a while.

Go ahead and provide some facts or stats or observations as to why you dont think Ost is NOT balanced?
24 Nov 2015, 14:33 PM

Go ahead and provide some facts or stats or observations as to why you dont think Ost is NOT balanced?

im not disagreeing that Ost is pretty balanced but some other factions are UP or OP but still there is on thing that buckles me: burden of proof

you made the claim, you need to prove it, not the other way around mr churchill.
24 Nov 2015, 14:37 PM
Patrion 28

OKH is the best internally balanced faction. idk if that's what he meant though
24 Nov 2015, 14:46 PM

im not disagreeing that Ost is pretty balanced but some other factions are UP or OP but still there is on thing that buckles me: burden of proof

you made the claim, you need to prove it, not the other way around mr churchill.

Indeed you are correct.

Fine. Although there are many things to mention, i will be brief.

Ost tanks have a good combination of speed, armor and firepower. They each have a good allied counter and in turn can be managed well and easily to avoid them. Hence not needing a great repair speed.

They are a mirror of the brits in the sense you can lock down and slow down the enemy to a great extent in a captured sector with bunkers, very quickly built mines, and AT support and flexible mobile mortars. The arrangement of which requires good skill to use effectively, using natural terrain and obstacles to minimize damage taken and maximize damage given.

They have a full complement of tools to deal with both blobs and tank spams. Their speed allows for good tactical retreats and counter attacks with varied units.

Basically the ost can attack as a united front and retreat as such as a result of the varied tools. There are no ost units that deal too much damage at this point. Damage given is always observed by the level of surprise and skill in attacking and counterattacking an enemy. There are no i win buttons for an engagements with ost. With other factions its basically a hogdgepodge of OP and UP units so the micro goes from being rewarding and enjoyable to stupid and frustrating to this imbalance.

These are my observations of playing ost since the beginning and being a serious brit player as well and moderately good soviet player. OKW really are a training wheel faction that feel generally superficial in the structure and units. They have no depth or real multi role uses.

In my perception, balance=result of a faction with the most multifaceted units.

OKW are the most monofaceted hence the most unbalanced and the most boring.

24 Nov 2015, 15:02 PM

I´m sorry to say that, but this guy is an obvious troll from the very beginning and you took the bait.
24 Nov 2015, 15:08 PM

My comment to this thread:

Can someone ban this troll already?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
JohnnyB.
24 Nov 2015, 15:11 PM

can we go back to topic pls?:guyokay:
24 Nov 2015, 15:42 PM

can we go back to topic pls?:guyokay:

Of course

I'll agree that mine sweeper needs to give a bit more repair speed, squad with sweeper feels doomed to 1 role (2 if you consider cap all the map with it) it's to get rid of mines, but when the job is done, they just wait for a tank to rep

But we need to consider that the repair speed of royal enginners should remain the best, OKW in the second place
So a BIG YES
24 Nov 2015, 16:09 PM
Donator 11

OKW also has super fast repair speed, especially with minesweeper that doesnt take weapon slot giving them ability to get vet with minesweepers. Not to mention the repair truck.

As for ost and sov engies you need to upgrade them with flamer, not sweeper to get fastest repair speed because with flamer they can get vet and engineer vet makes repairs faster.

Also mind that brits need that repair speed to repair churchills - heavy tanks that have only one advantage, health. That makes it critical to repair fast.
24 Nov 2015, 16:35 PM

I think every faction has a plus and minus that equals out to being level and balanced...
nee
24 Nov 2015, 17:00 PM

A cursory glance at the veterancy guide indicates that Ostheer/ Soviets' builders have the same veterancy bonuses except the vet1 unlocks- faster repair speed at vet2, and less damage taken when repairing at vet3.

I don't really like the idea of just copying the benefit of one faction onto the other factions, that's how you make the game bland. Certain doctrinal options like Hull Down and Repair Station can provide options, and at any rate those features are found in very few commanders.

USF's Rear Echelons have the double benefit of plus one guy at vet2 as well as faster repair speed (and USF vehicle crews). And according to veterancy and beginner guides, Royal Engineers are only as fast as upgraded Sturmpioniers if they go Anvil/ Heavy Engineer route; by themselves, vet2 only gives +30% bonus speed.

If Relic's going to read this thread and agree with OP, then I think the best, if not also the more obvious and easier solution is to simply buff the repair speed bones in vet2. You still need to vet up your pioniers, and you still need them around to repair, but they will repair faster if you keep them alive after risking them in a fight, and losing them would be a bigger blow.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★