Login

russian armor

December Balance Osth. Sup. Drop Zone/ SU Allied Sup. Drop

19 Nov 2015, 16:31 PM

Permanently Banned
With the new balance introduced, Supply Drop Zone has lost some of it utility as fuel penalties no more applies and is less potent as means of helping OWK with the teching (that still can not built cashes)

Further more Supply Drop zone is less helpful for CAS then redistribute resources and Allied supply drop seems better in large modes where cashes are more cost effective, as it server as MU to fuel transfer and not MP to Fuel or MU. (if the plane is not shot down)

For these reason I wold suggest the following changes:

Supply drop zone becomes resources exchange costing fuel when used on MU sector and MU when used in Fuel sector. A premium can be applied. This makes the ability more flexible and more consistand in large games where cashes are cost efficient.

Allied supply drop becomes untarget-able from OKW base guns and T3 trucks and player is allowed to set flight path line from enemy side entering to his side. these creates the opportunity for play and counter play for all parties.

Also the plane crash should probably become random since currently it usually crashes in drop point.
19 Nov 2015, 16:49 PM

It only crashes in drop point, because thats the direction its flying in. It all depends where the AA is.

Why is helping OKW to teck still not going to be useful? They will have their penalty removed and replaced with tecking costs (paying for trucks). Supply drops will still help armor hit the field sooner if thats what you want.
19 Nov 2015, 17:24 PM
Patrion 14

I believe the very function of the changes was to make resource conversions less useful across the board.

That Redistribute Resources got the bigger nerfbat is completely justified, as the 2 commanders that were using it benefitted from it (While I wouldn't put Osttruppen on the same page as CAS, they were not so dependent on this ability in the first place, so it balances out).

This change to CAS is what will make all the difference in team games, for the better. CAS was just frustrating to play against. It still will be, but at least there will be no "oh I could really use a Stuka right now but I have no ammo... oh, look, a magic button to enable all my abilities *click*) situations.

OKW resource penalty removal is not a nerf to this ability. It's like saying me giving you $5000 is less of a good thing because you already have $1000, so if I want to be on your good side, I should give you $7000 to compensate.
19 Nov 2015, 17:36 PM

CAS is now a better version of Luftwaffe supply.
19 Nov 2015, 17:40 PM

Allied supply drop is less useful in larger team games, where the chance of it being shot down approaches 100% as the game continues. When it first appears it is a risk, and by the 15 minute mark it is impossible to use, with the number of MG equipped tanks and Schwer HQ's sitting around. Also OKW base structures 20mm's are numerous and get a fair crack at hitting it as well.

I would still rate the Wehr version as far superior in every way.
20 Nov 2015, 08:28 AM

Permanently Banned
About Allied Supply drop

When it first appears it is a risk, and by the 15 minute mark it is impossible to use,...I would still rate the Wehr version as far superior in every way.

that is why I made suggestions about that would help it become less risky...

Sup. Drop Zone imo is not "far superior in every way".

1) One needs to secure and control the type of resource one wants for long period of time to use S.D.Z,making extremely map dependent and not available without map control, while A.S.D. does not, so it better this way.

2) S.D.Z. buys fuel or MU for manpower reducing the number of units one can field.

I also has to compete with cashes. Cashes become more effective than S.D.Z if the do not get destroyed for a period of time that becomes less the more players are present.

A.S.D. convert MU to Fuel having no affect on the number of units on the field while one uses it. So it better this way also...
20 Nov 2015, 11:01 AM

CAS is now a better version of Luftwaffe supply.

No, it's not a better version.
20 Nov 2015, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 11:01 AMJohnnyB

No, it's not a better version.

Incendiary strike is joke since flame nerf. Both have the Stuka bomb. CAS has the better recon flight. CAS has AT and AI strike. Luftwaffe supply has meds which are very good but can't compensate for the superior abilites listed before.
20 Nov 2015, 13:59 PM
Patrion 28

Luftwaffe and CAS were never the same thing. Luftwaffe is more of a support doctrine while CAS is place a plane. they both have planes but the doctrines function much differently.
20 Nov 2015, 14:23 PM

Luftwaffe and CAS were never the same thing. Luftwaffe is more of a support doctrine while CAS is place a plane. they both have planes but the doctrines function much differently.

Medkits alone didn't made it support doctrine.

Fuel or muni drops, however, did.
CAS is indeed new and improved luftwaffe supply, pin plane>flame bombs and that is only main difference.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 74
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment