Login

russian armor

Balance Forum suggestion

25 Nov 2015, 14:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2015, 14:05 PMAladdin

how do u define top 50 players? real top 50!! :P and add to dat not, fanbois like urself
I wish there was a section like that

Just players that are top 50 in 1v1/2v2at with multible factions. I don't consider myself as a player like this even if i have evil smurf acc's. But i also dont't want to be there, if a section like this exsists, these people will do and finde the right balance, there is no need of OKW lover :megusta:
25 Nov 2015, 17:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I just find it funny when people say L2P or that some awkward strat or unit work with their playercard hidden.

Or the typical: "Just smoke, flank or use attack ground".
Uses cautious movement and fades aways from the thread
8 Dec 2015, 09:14 AM

Then it just becomes a circlejerk of playercards.

Back in the day there was this cool little private forum Relic had set up for Dawn of War 2 that was invite only and we all talked about balance issues in our super cool batcave.

80% of threads were people sniping at each others skill level and arguing about whether or not anyone had the right to comment on the topic.
10% were bug reports.
10% was theorycraft battles.

It was a clusterfuck and Relic rightfully abandoned the forum because it was full of elitist twats.

The way to do a balance discussion properly is to disallow simple posts like "+1", to encourage people to post replays and videos of what they're talking about and most importantly: To direct people to the fucking strategy forum. It's telling that this community only cares about bitching rather than trying to work a problem because the activity in the strategy forum is shit.

No one experiments or tries new things, they just play the metagame and whenever they struggle they come running to the balance forum. If I had a nickel everytime I've seen an OKW player build the mechanized command to play for the king tiger and then NEVER USE RESOURCE CONVERSION to try and get it faster I could fucking fund company of heroes 3. There's a severe lack of outside the box thinking in this community or adaptive play. I've seen a few cool plays but most people play very standard build orders with very standard tactics. And then when it doesn't work they come here not to think of what they could do differently but of how Relic must fix it with nerfs/buffs.

Economization is generally terrible (Floating, economic timings, optimizing economy etc), micro is lazy compared to DoW2, people are STILL playing the heavy tank meta etc. There's about a hundred ways even the very top ranked players could improve their game play that are completely independent of balance.

8 Dec 2015, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 16:48 PMKatitof

Why are you afraid?

Are you one of these rank 5000+ 4v4 one army heroes who wouldn't be allowed to post or would be exposed for their incompetence as a player?

Besides, look at Johhnyb, its hard to find a fanboy as hardcore and as dedicated to the cause as he, his playercard was exposed, people said "pretty much what we expected", everyone moved on, I don't remember anyone ripping on him for his playercard.

7000 of the 7300 post of you are about balance.
Where is your player card Katitof? I really don't understand why you are hiding it.
Now you are giving me the right to assume stuff about you, am i right?
8 Dec 2015, 13:38 PM

You can easily find me within top 150 2v2 AT ladder, go for allies or axis, whatever you like more, I'm on both.
8 Dec 2015, 19:21 PM

You can easily find me within top 150 2v2 AT ladder, go for allies or axis, whatever you like more, I'm on both.

What's your take on the current balance situation? I'm actually genuinely curious.
9 Dec 2015, 08:07 AM

This is a terrible idea.

Everyone would have to make their steam accounts private if they want to detach their COH2 identity with their steam one.
9 Dec 2015, 13:20 PM

Sorry but this idea is appalling.
I don't have to be a jet fighter pilot to know that taxiing my plane into combat is a stupid idea.
As someone who plays the game, thinks logically and follows discussions on forums like this one, I should be just as entitled to an opinion as someone who lives and breathes the game.

Equally, the opinion of someone who is in the top twenty players should never automatically over-rule someone who isn't.

Base the discussion on the quality of the post and the arguments presented therein, nothing more.
If you need to start flashing your player card to add validity to your argument then it can't be that strong in the first place.
9 Dec 2015, 13:47 PM

Sorry but this idea is appalling.
I don't have to be a jet fighter pilot to know that taxiing my plane into combat is a stupid idea.
As someone who plays the game, thinks logically and follows discussions on forums like this one, I should be just as entitled to an opinion as someone who lives and breathes the game.

Equally, the opinion of someone who is in the top twenty players should never automatically over-rule someone who isn't.

Base the discussion on the quality of the post and the arguments presented therein, nothing more.
If you need to start flashing your player card to add validity to your argument then it can't be that strong in the first place.

arguments should be based on some game experience. when i see people theorycrafting without playing the game at all, or playing exclusively 1 mode or faction, i can't take that serious
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS