Login

russian armor

UKF will be hopeless with the new patch

PAGES (7)down
20 Nov 2015, 01:25 AM

This thread right now.

Everyone knows that the patch is subject to tweaks right?
20 Nov 2015, 01:30 AM

Also about the churchill:

At the moment it's too cost effective when compared to the OKW P4. Cost increase was therefore necessary, but right now its priced too high.

Instead of 540mp / 180 fuel it should be 470 / 170 fuel. You need to keep in mind that at 180 fuel it will be a vet pinata for your enemies.

Panzer 4 is not a breakthrough tank or classified as a heavy. Compare it to a panther.
20 Nov 2015, 01:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 22:43 PMSwift
On the other hand, for the first time in a while OKW will actually be able to beat Brits :crazy:

Its clear where your allegiances lay.

20 Nov 2015, 01:40 AM

off map arty that are tied to specific doctrines. A faction can't be that overly reliant on the doctrine they pick to get access to such an important part of any army.

it get boring playing specific doctrine time after time just to get decent artillery.

No, pretty much every doctrine has good arty, The one that doesn't is also the one that makes emplacements godlike.

20 Nov 2015, 01:42 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 22:51 PMRocket
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 02:19 AMRollo
Lol rip Anvil, pointless nerfs for zero reason
Well considering it has that awesome arty barrage as well as the Churchill and heavy engineer upgrade which is god luck when used right

70 muni to make your engineers slow as fuck

2 armor making them the same as shocks and kick ass LMGs...while still having 2 weapon slots

IS nerfs so now brits have zero effective infantry (280mp tommies getting eaten by Ostruppen and volks)
Well IS got a damage per shot reduction but a ROF increase, also imo they outperform volks and grens easily..

Churchill now costs pretty much the same as a tiger
640 Manpower, 230 fuel for a tiger, Churchill 540/180, 50 fuel difference 60 manpower, so I wouldn't call them the same, also consider you can have more then 1 Churchill on the field at once,

6 pounder the same price as a pak but with worse vet

6 pounder has better ROF I believe and has increased accuracy against vehicles, don't forgot the Zis has the same price so your point?

Base howitzers still a joke

Against OKW and turtled opponents not really.

Brits still have no AT snare '
AT squad, and this is faction designed for early game.

Boys AT rifle nerf
Brought inline with PTRS

No buff to the PIAT
Not needed

IS still drop brens like pinatas
Same percentage as every other weapon in game, just more weapons on a squad higher chance to drop.

Commandos still cost 500mp
350 actually

Emplacements still suck
Actually still pretty beastly, just need to position them right

Brits still have no indirect fire or building clearanc
Mortar pit, Bofors indirect fire ability, wasp, croc

Literally RIP in peace brits, UKF will become the budlight of CoH factions
Learn to play

You must be drunk or have never played brits. Piat is worthless against anything other than super heavies leaving no early/mid game at other than 6 pounder. Wasp was already OVER nerfed as well as the centuar. Mortar pit still hard to protect and bofors over nerfed as well dosen't really scare infantry too much and shrekvolks laugh at centaur and it now.

Base arty is terrible it will never take out an okw truck in one blow, has a long timer and obvious red flare, you must be brain dead not to just move your units away.

Pretty sure obers weapon drop rate is extremely low.

Boys AT rifle should not be in line with PTRS it fills a different role classic a-symetric balance. Brits need it to be better to give them viable early AT.

No reason to nerf IS they have to be in cover greatly increasing there wipeability due to squads being bunched up while in cover and limiting them to a more defensive role instead of an attack role.

Comet needs a slight buff with vet rate toned down. It cannot pen a panther most the time in the front has less armor and missed all the fning time, but cost more and comes much later.

Piat isn't worthless, it's worthless against those who can mirco and also I find the Piat to be decent against infantry. Also ever consider the AEC has anti tank, it's not the best but it's there...

Did I ever say the Brit arty kills? no I didn't it's called area denial which is does great, especially when combined with the Anvil Airburst, great for the Medic HQ for OKW...

Also Obers LMG drop rate is low because of the drop rate mechanic in game, the more weapons a squad has the higher the drop rate, that's why Guards use to drop like crazy before they changed their % to drop.

Personally after playing with the mod more, I find they should of kept IS the same while buffing Volks or vice vera, nerf IS keep volks the same.

Boys AT rifles should be keep inline with PTRS, nothing wrong with them against light vehicles, did you even play the game when PTRS were broken? (what the Boys AT are) What I would change however all IS get the AT nade when you go special weapons, not just the AT squad.

Comet has better speed, better AI and doesn't require vet for Emergency War speed unlike the Panther.

I am not drunk sir, and I do play Brits, but with some of the things you're saying I don't think you even play the game.
20 Nov 2015, 01:52 AM

Tfw rank 4 brits and not overreacting and thinking Brits are literally going to be useless.

Y'all need to do a few things:

1. Chill

2. Play the balance mod before crying

3. Don't cry, post constructive feedback, preferably over a lot of games that aren't just among your top 1000 friends.

Its funny how Brits have been considered "useless" since launch patches by the same faces. Meanwhile, people learn to play and abuse what they can, and win.
20 Nov 2015, 01:54 AM

Says the dude with the Winston-fuckin-CHURCHILL profile picture.

Self-awareness.
20 Nov 2015, 03:39 AM

Panzer 4 is not a breakthrough tank or classified as a heavy. Compare it to a panther.

well Churchill is too strong for its price, i willing to try out the new price because my less than half health Churchill took out 2 p4 alone and with some help from AT gun it took out 3rd one. if it is full health it prob able take out all 3 of them, so a price increase is needed for that unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUNPN64_8N0
20 Nov 2015, 03:57 AM

Try using Base arty and you will know how crap it is, it cannot even hit OKW truck.
IS does not have a ROF increase, their out of cover debuff is less than before, their in cover performance is worse than before so overall a nerf because nobody use IS out cover.
Churchill + Anvil cost equal Tiger. More than 1 Churchill is a pipe dream in 1v1.
70 muni for heavy engineer is too much, the cost should be reduced consider how late it is. Reduced movement speed is a very big nerf for engineer, they are much more vulnerable to rifle nade and volk can still run up and throw flame nade to their face. Not to mention tank crush.

Overall Brit got nerfed hard and Relic still have not fixed Brit problem with garrisoned building. Indirect fire currently is bugged against building and anybody suggests Wasp is smoking weed consider how fragile the Bren is.

base arty is suck but once it is upgrade to Anvil it can take out any german emplacement in 1 art barrage, like bunker or PAK43, also it is 45 mu cost, what you expect? many german offmap art that cost 100-200 mu are pretty much have same effect. like I rarely see anything hit by okw zeroing art which cost 200mu

as for heavy engineer, do you realized that 70mu turn a 210mp unit into a elite infantry like obers while still have super duper cheap reinforcement price? with 2 armor which more than shock and a LMG, 3 LMG HRE unit is strong as obers it drop german infantry like flies as long as you don't move it around into cover let them hug each other in cover to eat nades like idiots, just fire where they stand they can force off any infantry in the game including obers. not mention its lighting repair speed. just think the price 10MU for 2 armor and slower moving in combat super repair speed, and that 60 mu is a LMG price. i don't think it is over priced.

yes Brits got nerfed but so far from what I experience is either IS got over nerfed or OKW volks got over buffed.
20 Nov 2015, 07:31 AM
Patrion 28

It's not only a HP advantage, it's the double amount of HP, its more hp than any heavy has, you need a lot of resources to counter this HP pool. Also the grenade ability wipes paks and the non doc smoke provides further utility. Its definitely worth 170.

eh, it's a lot of health but almost everything will always pen. it does take a fair bit of resources to counter but the same is true of the VI/VI B/ISU-152/IS-2. they all cost quite a bit more but they also all have quite a bit more going for them than hp.

the nade is strong but i would consider blitz stronger and other abilities (secure mode :snfBarton: ) weaker. afaik relic doesn't factor the vet abilities into the units cost and they've been very uneven in the abilities implementation, particularly among the vanilla factions that they were starved for time with. the nade will wipe infantry but you can move away from it or retreat and with the churchill speed you can see it coming. one pak isn't going to counter the churchill but it doesn't counter any of the other generalist heavies either.

the smoke is a good ability but it doesn't have much utility for the churchill itself, although you can spin the tank around and turn it on if you really want.

i guess what i'm saying is, i don't think the churchill is as good as a comet and while i don't think 170 fuel would be the end of the world, i think 160 or 165 would be better since the churchill should be used along side fireflies which are 155 fuel (regardless of their cost effectiveness, they're expensive).
20 Nov 2015, 07:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 22:43 PMSwift
On the other hand, for the first time in a while OKW will actually be able to beat Brits :crazy:

My opinion is that OKW could win against brits even better than Ostheer could, the only thing was that you really had to pick an mg doctrine.....
20 Nov 2015, 08:17 AM

Permanently Banned
I am a really scary of infatry battles with IS vs volks, fix tanks price isn a big problem, but infatry wars.
20 Nov 2015, 08:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 01:25 AMGdot

This thread right now.

Everyone knows that the patch is subject to tweaks right?

Yeah, they're going to tweak that pile of shit into a shit castle.

particularly among the vanilla factions that they were starved for time with.

If I remember correctly, they overhauled the vet abilities sometime in beta since a lot of them were just "Shoot things better for 10 seconds" type stuff.
20 Nov 2015, 08:29 AM

I play every faction, more axis when I started but I play them all equally now.

You claim to play Ostheer but we've got no proof. Oh, that and if you're going to talk about biases, you may be overreaching yourself.
20 Nov 2015, 10:38 AM

No, pretty much every doctrine has good arty, The one that doesn't is also the one that makes emplacements godlike.

Artillery doctrine lacks worthwhile artillery.

Vanguard off hand only has the typhoons which I wouldn't class as artillery, but it gets the croc for clearing/breaking lines.

I'd hardly say royal engi doctrine makes emplacements godlike, it just means you can actually repair them without sacrificing engis.

I'd also argue the point that brits can dig in best - as far as I'm concerned that title easily goes to OKW. There's no emplacement that has anywhere near the same effect on the game as well placed trucks - and those don't eat your pop cap either.
20 Nov 2015, 10:46 AM

Its funny how Brits have been considered "useless" since launch patches by the same faces. Meanwhile, people learn to play and abuse what they can, and win.

pretty much this... it's funny how the official forums, which a few years ago had the reputation of being infested with low level fanboys, now seem like a hub of civil, level-minded discussion in comparison to this board.
20 Nov 2015, 10:56 AM

Says the dude with the Winston-fuckin-CHURCHILL profile picture.

Self-awareness.

i think its called "projection" in the psychoanalysis
20 Nov 2015, 11:19 AM

Of course you can still abuse the vanguard officer/350mp commandos. The nerf isn't even that significant, the players can adapt. But the number of viable strats is lowered (emplacement nerfs, anvil nerfs, now IS nerf) so brits can become the new soviets, having only a few viable way to play.
20 Nov 2015, 12:57 PM

I like the responses here saying that the nerfs to UKF were justified, while ignoring the posts from people who have actually tested the new mod and found that the changes render the IS far too weak now.

It's a shame because overall, I think Relic's heart is in the right place with what they are attempting to with the patch overall and it is clear that they are listening to the community.
Unfortunately their hearing appears to be quite selective.

I would love to see an interview with them where the community put questions regarding balance and design decisions to them (for all factions).
In the case of the UKF (leaving aside this current patch) there are still questions about the viability of the base artillery, emplacements and the Royal Artillery commander for example.
20 Nov 2015, 13:43 PM
Patrion 28

If I remember correctly, they overhauled the vet abilities sometime in beta since a lot of them were just "Shoot things better for 10 seconds" type stuff.

entirely possible. would have happened in alpha/early beta though as i played in the late beta. they're still pretty boring though; i miss the freedom that the warhammer mechanics gave them for abilities.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS