Login

russian armor

First impressions about the future OKW rework

20 Nov 2015, 01:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Only thing I could agree with, I would assume vehicle cap slower :p

I do like the idea of kubel capping a lot though.

Although it's an interesting idea, it's like giving OKW a Kettlengrad-Jeep crossover. Hunts down snipers and can cap. Boosts OKW map control. But now OKW doesn't have suppression/crowd control units unless they get Vet or Doctrine.

Better capping power for no non-doctrinal suppression? I wouldn't say that it is a good trade.
20 Nov 2015, 02:34 AM

yerrr mama Kappa
20 Nov 2015, 12:54 PM

well OKW trades early suppression of kubel, for a more viable flak HT, as it comes in medic tier.

I would imagine flak HT becoming pretty much meta. I use it now anyway, best way to gain early initiative after kubel serves its purpose.
20 Nov 2015, 21:43 PM

Relic has lost their mind by removing Leig and pak suppression. The blobs that are already a problem will only get worse.
21 Nov 2015, 01:33 AM

Relic has lost their mind by removing Leig and pak suppression. The blobs that are already a problem will only get worse.

its a big nerf to Leig, but a small nerf to Pak howi, As Pak Still wipe a Unit withing its large AOE

even with suppression Leig only get yellow Suppress while Pak Howi get 2 Model drop high DMG n Pinning the unit down, not to mention vet 3 Pak Howi have a longer range barrage and DMG AOE than Vet 3 Leig

dont like using Leig or Pak Howi, i rather use Stuka, and Priest
21 Nov 2015, 02:04 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Actually, getting pinned whenever a leIG or Pack Howitzer shell landed near (not on) your infantry is really frustrating. But now OKW lacks early crowd control. If MG34 is not moved to T1, I'm pretty sure most OKW will go Luftwaffe or Fortifications in 1v1.
21 Nov 2015, 02:06 AM

After playing quite some games now:

Early game completely changed:

Buffed volks can actually now deal with allied infantry. Kübel can be used for "cap jumping" - that means you don't fight, you just decap points forcing your enemy to move his forces towards your kübel, sacrificing map control & binding resources.

Weak spot in early game: Schrecks & Grenades come now a bit later, because you have to accumulate at least 45 fuel first. A flanked Raketenwerfer, or a HMG in a building can cause quite some trouble.

For that you get a buffed mid & late game.

Light vehicles (Flak HT, Luchs, Puma) now become actually affordable and you don't lose the game by losing a single unit.
Getting several of those might be even rewarding due increased map control.

You can replace likewise tanks in late game easier, helping you to stay equal in the resource battle.

However:

-no tank support in T2 & T3 since the JP4 has been moved to T4. You now have to deal with rushed anti infantry tanks by using mines, schrecks, raketenwerfer & puma. But since this is all more affordable, its also manageable.

-blobs backed up with an AT gun pose a huge threat, since you can't suppress them, as the MG34 is still no stock unit. Looks like you still have always rely on Luftwaffe support for competitive 1vs1 games.
21 Nov 2015, 10:03 AM

After playing quite some games now:

Early game completely changed:

Buffed volks can actually now deal with allied infantry. Kübel can be used for "cap jumping" - that means you don't fight, you just decap points forcing your enemy to move his forces towards your kübel, sacrificing map control & binding resources.

Weak spot in early game: Schrecks & Grenades come now a bit later, because you have to accumulate at least 45 fuel first. A flanked Raketenwerfer, or a HMG in a building can cause quite some trouble.

For that you get a buffed mid & late game.

Light vehicles (Flak HT, Luchs, Puma) now become actually affordable and you don't lose the game by losing a single unit.
Getting several of those might be even rewarding due increased map control.

You can replace likewise tanks in late game easier, helping you to stay equal in the resource battle.

However:

-no tank support in T2 & T3 since the JP4 has been moved to T4. You now have to deal with rushed anti infantry tanks by using mines, schrecks, raketenwerfer & puma. But since this is all more affordable, its also manageable.

-blobs backed up with an AT gun pose a huge threat, since you can't suppress them, as the MG34 is still no stock unit. Looks like you still have always rely on Luftwaffe support for competitive 1vs1 games.

+1 to this post , I can only add some more thinks , nothing is bad here.

I recommd defensive more than luftwaffer because of bunkers and S-mines that are more affordable right now becuase of munny increase (nothing is more anoying than 15 munny 1/4 Smine field everywhere because even if you see them and move around them you will catch them in retreat path so you will need to push slowly with sweeping infantry - good players will place some shu mines in S-minefiled too to stop tank mine cruhsing)

Also feuerstorm can be new meta right now , even if nobody can see it , it can be easy a new meta.

flametrowers on cheaper sturms will allow you to clear garrison in early game (as archer pointed out , now its their early game weakness)

Now recoup loses is afordable and volks spam can be feared (5 volks with 2 shrecks isnt something you want to see in mid game if you opponent use ocver , build cover, and dont blob)

Scavenge is never bad

Aty strike is now affordable and in 2vs2 mode you need t to counter static arty that rekt okw.

And hetzer can be effective if backed up with doublepuma but only them when they decrease vet reqierements by at least 33%

Also New cool comamder can be good becuase goliath is nice blob control tool because you can park it behind shight blocker , lure rifles with volkgren and then rush them with goliath and press the button boom.

And old commaders - breaktrought - because of affordable pfuss spam with g43s
- luftwaffe - elite infantry and ,mg34
- spec. ops - strong ober upgrade and commad panther , great agains brits - panther mark meatshilds and obers defeat IS becuase they negate cover also add here best recon and cheap anigarrison tool - Infiltration greandes , this commader wont be bad
- scavenger - combo of oswind , JLI , infintration greandes , and good arty is never bad
- elite armor - after fixed bug of heat shells now this commader can be ood becuae you can afford all those mun sink holes , and even sturmtiger thx fuel increase + volks can hold ground early even without elite ifantry (in conjunction with luchs/ flaktrack)

I think these changes made al OKW commader viaable in some situations
21 Nov 2015, 13:21 PM

Flak HTs should be more useful for crowd control? Especially now there is no early kuble+ s pio harras. Although ATGs make them a bit redundant later on.

It can only be good removing supression from ISGs though.. that was annoying as hell.
21 Nov 2015, 16:21 PM

and where KT now?
21 Nov 2015, 16:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2015, 16:21 PMGLBZ
and where KT now?

15 minute mark. Awesome.:loco:
1 Dec 2015, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2015, 16:21 PMGLBZ
and where KT now?

It is a non-doctrinal call-in unit limited to 1, like other heavy tanks. It is available after you build the 3 sws halftracks.
It is the first non-doctrinal call-in unit ever, in the multiplayer. It will also have a reduced population cost to be in line with other call-in heavy tanks.
2 Dec 2015, 16:03 PM

I see a ton of posts about how early armor will arrive on the battlefield. I can tell with experimenting with the mod even with full map control against a stupid AI I did not see armor come in as early as people are stating. I think people are taking it a little out of proportion.
Give it a month or so for the meta to settle and people will probably be complaining about something else.
4 Dec 2015, 01:34 AM

I see a ton of posts about how early armor will arrive on the battlefield. I can tell with experimenting with the mod even with full map control against a stupid AI I did not see armor come in as early as people are stating. I think people are taking it a little out of proportion.
Give it a month or so for the meta to settle and people will probably be complaining about something else.

The mod massively altered the tech costs over the last few weeks.

I had a 4 minute luchs pretty reliably before.

4 Dec 2015, 02:06 AM
Donator 11

Imagine the cut-off ostheer arty combo with okw kubel now Kappa
5 Dec 2015, 17:19 PM

Imagine the cut-off ostheer arty combo with okw kubel now Kappa

Quite bad? Fallschirmjäger point neutralization is much better and faster and mines can't stop it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★