Login

russian armor

First impressions about the future OKW rework

18 Nov 2015, 21:12 PM

So I saw this post about the OKW rework, I copy-paste it here.
Let me know, what do you all think about it!
Official forum link: ]http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog/page8

OKW Revamp
-Resource income increased to 100%
-Self-Destruct removed
Tech Tree
-HQ:Kubelwagen, Volksgreandiers, Sturms, Raktenwerfer, sWS Truck
-Battlegroup HQ (200/30): IR, ISG, Flak
-Mechanized Regiment HQ (200/40): Puma, Luch, Walking Stuka
-Schwerer Panzer HQ(200/100): JP4, P4, Panther, Obers,

Kubelwagen
-Can capture (15% faster capture rate)
-Suppression removed
-Range reduced from 40 to 35
-Cost reduced from 240/5 to 210
-Armor increased from 4 to 4.5
-Rear armor increased from 2 to 4.5
-Combat Package
-Cost reduced from 90 to 70
Sturmpioneers
-Cost reduced from 320 to 300
-Removed flame explode critical
Volksgreandiers
-Added regular grenade back
-Kark 98k Rifle increased from 10 to 12
Panzer II Luchs
-Cost increased from 55 fuel to 65 fuel
King Tiger
-Removed from tech tree
-Now unlockable call in unit
-Limited to 1
-Population reduced from 26 to 21

Munition / Fuel Transfer removed from the game

Veterancy 4-5
-All modifiers have been reduce partially to bring their overall performance down
-Fallschirmjager vet 4 and 5 weapon accuracy modifier reduced from 1.3 to 1.15
-Jaeger Light Infantry vet 4 range reduced from 5 to 2.5, vet 5 cooldown reduced from 0.8 to 0.75, vet 5
received accuracy increased from 0.71 to 0.8
-Obersoldaten vet 4 received accuracy increased from 0.71 to 0.8
-Volksgrendiers vet 4 Sight radius reduced from 1.4 to 1.2, vet 4 weapon accuracy reduced from 1.3 to 1.15, vet 5 cooldown accuracy increased from 0.7 to 0.8
-Raktenwerfer43 vet 4 speed modifier reduced from 1.25 to 1.15, vet 4 increase range reduced from 10 to 5, vet 5 sight modifier reduced from 16 to 12
-LEIG vet 5 weapon penetration modifier reduced from 1.3 to 1.15, vet 5 damage modifier reduced from 1.15 to 1.15
-MG34 vet 4 received accuracy modifier increased from 0.71 to 0.8, vet 5 weapon accuracy modifier reduced from 1.2 to 1.15, vet 5 sight radius modifier reduced from 11 to 6
-251 17 Flak Halftrack vet 4 weapon penetration modifiers reduced from 1.25 to 1.15, vet 5 speed modifier reduced from 1.3 to 1.15, vet 5 rotation speed modifiers reduced from 1.3 to 1.15
-Hetzer vet 4 range modifier reduced from 8 to 5
-JP4 vet 4 reload modifier increased from 0.75 to 0.85, vet 4 reduced accuracy modifier reduced from 1.3 to 1.15
-King Tiger vet 5 reload modifier increased from 0.7 to 0.8
-Ostwind vet 4 damage modifier reduced from1.25 to 1.15, Sstwind vet 5 range modifier reduced from 1.25 to 1.15
-Panther vet 5 sight modifier reduced from 16 to 12, panther vet 5 accuracy modifier reduced from 1.5382 to 1.25
Panzer IV vet 4 weapon scatter modifier increased from 0.75 to 0.8, vet 5 accuracy modifier reduced from 1.5382 to 1.25
18 Nov 2015, 22:14 PM

Before I would build the kubelwagen to run infantry off points or never build it. Now I will build kubelwagen for faster capping/ninja capping or never build it. With the cost reduction and resource increase maybe it is worth building every game for its niche role. You can still salvage it for 5 fuel.
This patch tells me to play Wehrmacht while waiting for this to be balanced out and for the OKW commander changes that are not coming until next year.
18 Nov 2015, 22:17 PM

I hate it.

OKW was my favourite faction, now they're bat shit OP and lost half of what made them fun to play.

Once their tech timings are smoothed out, they'll be even more boring to play.
19 Nov 2015, 06:18 AM

I am slightly confused.

15% faster capture rate compared to infantry for Kubel, or is it 15% faster capture rate from stock current Kubel?
19 Nov 2015, 06:21 AM

Also, another build of the balance preview led to

- Combat package back at 90mu
- Volks are now 250 mp units
19 Nov 2015, 06:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I am slightly confused.

15% faster capture rate compared to infantry for Kubel, or is it 15% faster capture rate from stock current Kubel?

15% faster compared to infantry. Kubelwagen can't cap right now.
19 Nov 2015, 06:39 AM

I hate it.

OKW was my favourite faction, now they're bat shit OP and lost half of what made them fun to play.

Once their tech timings are smoothed out, they'll be even more boring to play.

ya man, me myself favor OKW more than other fac, but right now i cant play it due to worst stat it in now,

but after i read the patch make me dont want to play it yet again, cause its another clone of USF OPness,

god i can only play SOV right now, as i think its the most balance faction
19 Nov 2015, 06:56 AM

there are some things i like about it and some i don't...

The kubelwagon losing it's suprression abilities doesn't sit well with me for one... Now the OKW don't have much supression to fight blobs other than the Le.ig and flack-track (unless you choose the right doctrine)

And latley people have been damn near begging to get supression removed from Howitzers (which i personally am against) but if they succeed in convincing relic, it would leave just the flacktrack.... Supression is almost essential in every game when it comes fo holding territory and fighting blobs so i don't think it's going to help..

The early tech timing might make up for it for awhile but obviously it will be nerfed to balance and i believe that's when lack of suppression will really show
19 Nov 2015, 07:21 AM

am i the only that thinks vet 5 is a disadvantage now...hear me now
looking at the vet now its just 3 star vet spread into 5 vet star but no adjustment to vet requirement so in theory its harder to reach vet5 ( vet 3 worth).
19 Nov 2015, 07:31 AM

15% faster compared to infantry. Kubelwagen can't cap right now.

Thats actually quite cool.

It will be OKW's equivalent to the rear echelon troops then, at least in the pest/ capper role :p
19 Nov 2015, 08:09 AM

Thats actually quite cool.

It will be OKW's equivalent to the rear echelon troops then, at least in the pest/ capper role :p

It'll be broken.

Reminds me of how Tyranids used to have Rippers in DoW2. You didn't need them to fight, they could just cap things while your core army kept his busy. Same deal with PE in CoH1.

I don't know why you would give a unit that has significantly higher mobility faster capping speed too. Anytime OKW gets you to retreat you're going to be cut off right away by a kubel wagon.
19 Nov 2015, 08:11 AM

there are some things i like about it and some i don't...

The kubelwagon losing it's suprression abilities doesn't sit well with me for one... Now the OKW don't have much supression to fight blobs other than the Le.ig and flack-track (unless you choose the right doctrine)

I have been thinking about that too. Still, remember that the ressource cut is removed, that mean much more fuel aviable = a much more interestin FlakHT.
But there is still unknown numbers. As i read the patch the building truck is not an automatic free unit anymore as it is build in the T0. So how much does it cost? how much does it add to the tech tree?
The new munition income makes me think that OKW will not be as decision-based as before on that point. Before you had to choose between combat packages, offmap strikes and grenades. Now things may look like Soviet where you can offer everything provided you dont waist.

+1 on the DOW2 Rippers XD
19 Nov 2015, 08:20 AM

I don't know why you would give a unit that has significantly higher mobility faster capping speed too. Anytime OKW gets you to retreat you're going to be cut off right away by a kubel wagon.

Only thing I could agree with, I would assume vehicle cap slower :p

I do like the idea of kubel capping a lot though.
19 Nov 2015, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 08:11 AMKozokus

I have been thinking about that too. Still, remember that the ressource cut is removed, that mean much more fuel aviable = a much more interestin FlakHT.
But there is still unknown numbers. As i read the patch the building truck is not an automatic free unit anymore as it is build in the T0. So how much does it cost?...

The truck costs 100 manpower and 15 fuel.
19 Nov 2015, 15:09 PM

Not that much of an investment :/ The good point is that you dont have to wait for an hour the repop of a new truck if one of yours was destroyed.
19 Nov 2015, 15:30 PM

The truck is a nice added thing, only fact that currently the fuel went from 40 to 0 makes it hard to get your Tier structures up.
19 Nov 2015, 19:05 PM

1. Tech will be crazy fast now and can get a Luchs out by the 4 min mark(3:30 if your real good.)

2. OKW have less viable ways to supress besides the mg34 with locks you in a doctrine.

3. Kubels no longer cost fuel and can cap which reminds me of the alpha kubel (bad)

4. Volks have both flame and regular grand which is just redundant. At least give the Sturms the flame nade so they can be a better anti garrison assult units.

19 Nov 2015, 19:11 PM
Patrion 14

1. Tech will be crazy fast now and can get a Luchs out by the 4 min mark(3:30 if your real good.)

You must be really, really good man. Maybe play the mod first? :luvDerp:
19 Nov 2015, 19:23 PM

Kubel capping would make more sense if it worked like Soviet Vet 1 ability and was a "Capping Mode" that you switched too. Should be Vet 0 because Kubel still has limited timeframe of usefulness but at least it evens the field a bit.

Either that or capping requires you to "deploy" or something that has a delay. I tend to agree with Dullahan that Kubel's high mobility makes cutting off on some maps a bit too easy.
19 Nov 2015, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 19:11 PMStafkeh

You must be really, really good man. Maybe play the mod first? :luvDerp:

Unfortunately that was with the mod :/ unless they changed it recently
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak