Login

russian armor

Calliope/ Goliath commanders incoming

PAGES (7)down
19 Nov 2015, 16:00 PM

I was really hoping for some new Soviet and Wehrmacht commanders.
19 Nov 2015, 16:26 PM

Uhm please dont give it cannon.

Then it will need to cost 200 fuel (110 for sherman , 90 for arty) for a squashy unit that can use 50% of it only when in danger and you dont want dont want to take risk with 200 fuel sherman

It could have half a cannon to defend itself with, like the croc's half damage cannon that shoots whatever (but always seems to prioritize vehicles by itself).
19 Nov 2015, 16:55 PM

Just be grateful that the war-spoils system is not monetized like in CS:GO.

Then a crate would drop, you have to pay to open it... only to find 10% Elephant cooldown inside
19 Nov 2015, 18:38 PM
Patrion 14

Dat OKW commander.

I shall love him.
I shall cherish him.
I shall call him George.

When the lights go out, George likes to roleplay as CoH1's Defensive doctrine...
and likes it.
19 Nov 2015, 19:31 PM

Yeh, because they don't have enough money already. You believe anything the companies tell you.
Alright.

Have you ever run a company? I run a tiny company and it can be hell making sure you get enough cash coming in on time to pay your staff. Especially in software development where you have to send your staff on training courses, have them doing work that isn't possible to monetize for several months, etc.

How much have you paid Relic since you started playing? My guess on average is everyone has paid 40-60$ over several years. The playerbase is not huge. Do the math.

We are not entitled to free products.

We are not entitled to free expansions or add-ons.

If we want the game to stay online, we have to pay for that service.

If we want the game to be improved, we have to pay for that service.

Perhaps you've not entered the work world yet but when you do and someone comes to you saying "oh hey, I'm annoyed 'cos I paid 5 bucks for your product and now I want more but I find it disgusting that you don't provide it for free!". Then you'll understand.

I wish they'd make more DLC, make more money and hire more staff who'll improve the game. If you like COH2, you should hope so too.
19 Nov 2015, 20:29 PM

Um... Teller Mines.

Sweepers?
19 Nov 2015, 20:32 PM
Patrion 27

Sweepers?

He said Wher have nothing to deal with vehicles in narrow chokes and tellers are the exact thing to do that.
19 Nov 2015, 20:38 PM

He said Wher have nothing to deal with vehicles in narrow chokes and tellers are the exact thing to do that.

Yes Wher has mines just like every faction except they are passive and hard countered by sweepers. They don't have any free green cover (was that bunker bug ever fixed?) and they don't have any light vehicle stopgaps such as tank traps or reinforced wire. A Goliath would really help out Wher more so than OKW.
19 Nov 2015, 20:53 PM

Have you ever run a company? I run a tiny company and it can be hell making sure you get enough cash coming in on time to pay your staff. Especially in software development where you have to send your staff on training courses, have them doing work that isn't possible to monetize for several months, etc.

How much have you paid Relic since you started playing? My guess on average is everyone has paid 40-60$ over several years. The playerbase is not huge. Do the math.

Perhaps you've not entered the work world yet but when you do and someone comes to you saying "oh hey, I'm annoyed 'cos I paid 5 bucks for your product and now I want more but I find it disgusting that you don't provide it for free!". Then you'll understand.

I wish they'd make more DLC, make more money and hire more staff who'll improve the game. If you like COH2, you should hope so too.

I am almost 40, i am working over 20 years.
I know EXACTLY how the companies work, that's why i am saying what i am saying. That's the hole point of what i am saying.
I paid over 120$ and i got many stuff on sales.
Btw I never said that i want free DLC, but 4 bucks every freaking commander every 3-4 months (that affect the multiplayer not in a good way btw). That's insane.
Relic is not a tiny company.
They improving the game? Do they really? Think about it. Its been two and a half years and i see the minimum improvement that is possible, sooooo many issues not addressed but oh look they can produce something (DLCs).
In one sentence, they are fixing the mistakes that they did since release and still keep doing the same mistakes.

Hey look, i am not ungrateful, they do good things too but its always like 1 step forward and 2 steps back in so many ways/areas.

And the milking is still going on :nahnah:
19 Nov 2015, 22:07 PM
Patrion 27

Btw I never said that i want free DLC, but 4 bucks every freaking commander every 3-4 months (that affect the multiplayer not in a good way btw). That's insane.

A tube of toothpaste cost more than a commander. Don't get me wrong, I would rather see more versatility in the non-doctrinal armies but "insane?"

Yes Wher has mines just like every faction except they are passive and hard countered by sweepers. They don't have any free green cover (was that bunker bug ever fixed?) and they don't have any light vehicle stopgaps such as tank traps or reinforced wire. A Goliath would really help out Wher more so than OKW.

I understand your point, and wouldn't mind seeing the Goliath in wher, but to say Tellers are the same as other faction's mines and that they will just get swept (dies to removal argument in the magic the gathering community) is misleading. Tellers are a specific counter to vehicles and always deal engine damage.
19 Nov 2015, 22:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Don't get me wrong, I would rather see more versatility in the non-doctrinal armies

I'd also especially take the commanders all feeling more or less feeling good and balanced...
19 Nov 2015, 23:07 PM

Relic: This game will not be a P2W.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Relic: Pershing never gonna happen

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

My thought what Relic is thinking: How we gonna make more money from the stupid community? Lets give them things they wanted but things that they have to pay for. Commanders with new units for example, not optimization, balance, fixing the god damn War Spoils, bugs, and more important stuff.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, give them Commanders!!!!!!

Milking the cow continues.
What a disgrace!

Pay to win my ass. This is nowhere near pay to win. You can say its pay to scam though since you don't get easy wins with commanders you pay for. Pershing was in the Alpha and the files you must be real stupid to believe them in the first place and not know anything going on. Not like they make so much money from this anyway. They also need to feed their families and dont get paid much so.... yeah theres nothing much wrong with these dlcs.
19 Nov 2015, 23:11 PM

Hes one of those welfare people. Y'know good for nothing folks. :P
19 Nov 2015, 23:16 PM

The US already have an artillery unit, the priest, isn't the calliope just kinda redundant?
19 Nov 2015, 23:30 PM

RELIC LOGIC is just perfect as always.

Commander has ARTY and RECON RUN so cool!

ps don't forget that captain has Recon pass that is 10 ammo cheaper.
19 Nov 2015, 23:32 PM

The US already have an artillery unit, the priest, isn't the calliope just kinda redundant?

No it's not. It's like the relationship between the ML-20 and the Katyusha.
20 Nov 2015, 00:36 AM

FYI, to unlock all multiplayer stuff that affects the game (commanders + factions) the total cost will be (with the upcoming commanders) 184,64€.

You judge if the game is worth this much.
20 Nov 2015, 00:43 AM
Patrion 14

184,64€.

i apparently spent 100 full days in coh2... omg.

mathematically, it is worth it for fans like me.
20 Nov 2015, 00:45 AM

I personelly don't mind it as much considering it is cheap and how frequently steam sales go on about. And while war spoils are still a wee wonky we can at least still get commander drops. (Got almost every Soviet, OST, and UKF commander without spending a dime.)

Nevertheless, any more details on the upcoming commanders? Like stats and what they exactly do besides the ones we already know.
20 Nov 2015, 00:49 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2015, 00:43 AMpigsoup
184,64€.

i apparently spent 100 full days in coh2... omg.

mathematically, it is worth it for fans like me.

O.O

Now, TRUE fans say that upon comprehending numbers like that instead of some kind of namby-pamby revelation of time and productiveness wasted.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak