Login

russian armor

Rest in Pepperonies OKW

18 Nov 2015, 15:59 PM

Vet 5 obers with stgs are still godlike

Go for it in top ranked match :foreveralone:
18 Nov 2015, 16:00 PM

i feel like wehrmacht has a worst time against allies lul.
At least vetted obersoldaten are sorta effective if they for some reason don't have pak howies, katyushas or priests. Whenever i play ost, i always feel behind from the get go, maybe cuz i'm just bad at ost B)
18 Nov 2015, 16:18 PM

Too bad double upgraded rifles and sections dont know about that.
18 Nov 2015, 17:18 PM

Well it is good to hear that, o wait you almost never get them.
18 Nov 2015, 17:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2015, 14:45 PMPhy

Aaaaand I stopped to read.

LOL me too
18 Nov 2015, 17:43 PM

What people fail to realize, obers with STGs is a failed build order to make. Your skipping to tier 4 for infantry. Fuel wise. Your kissing your command tank goodbye for a huge amount of time. Your literally gonna watch how you can build any vehicle in tier 4 to wait for another 25 fuel. your taking a valuable building away from yourself and your team mates whether it's healing or vehicle repair, just to spend muni on infantry taking mines, and shrecks away.
18 Nov 2015, 17:53 PM

What people fail to realize, obers with STGs is a failed build order to make. Your skipping to tier 4 for infantry. Fuel wise. Your kissing your command tank goodbye for a huge amount of time. Your literally gonna watch how you can build any vehicle in tier 4 to wait for another 25 fuel. your taking a valuable building away from yourself and your team mates whether it's healing or vehicle repair, just to spend muni on infantry taking mines, and shrecks away.

To get insta-wiped by a random explosion.
18 Nov 2015, 18:59 PM

OKW is weak in 1v1 and 2v2, but seriously in 3v3+ this faction is still outright filthy. The ability to place FHQ's in these modes removes the need for Wehr units to retreat or tech to med. The ISG is still outright devastating. The resource conversion is less costly and helps you snowball. The offmaps are available and cost effective, because of resource conversion.

From my point of view OKW is the most synergistic faction in larger game modes, and one of the easiest ones in which to win with in the largest game modes. It even has a solution to Brit late game in the JT or the heavy use of Jaeger inf, which largely ignore the effective high health of Brit IS.

Buffs to OKW for small game modes need to come with corresponding decreases in its effectiveness in larger game modes or it is gonna be a steam roller again for Axis teams in larger game modes.
18 Nov 2015, 19:02 PM

Well it is good to hear that, o wait you almost never get them.

that wasn't the point hahahah, it was about units that could go toe to toe, not about realisticly getting these units to this level of vet lol.
18 Nov 2015, 19:12 PM

The OKW in team games is very strong because of fuel caches .

get into a 4vs4 game without a ostheer player and enjoy the trainwreck.
18 Nov 2015, 19:17 PM

OKW is weak in 1v1 and 2v2, but seriously in 3v3+ this faction is still outright filthy. The ability to place FHQ's in these modes removes the need for Wehr units to retreat or tech to med. The ISG is still outright devastating. The resource conversion is less costly and helps you snowball. The offmaps are available and cost effective, because of resource conversion.

WTF are you talking about.
18 Nov 2015, 19:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2015, 19:17 PMZyllen

WTF are you talking about.

He is a 4v4 "strategist". The problem is all the OKW's good stuff (JT, JLI) are doctrinal, plus every allied faction can steamroll OKW.

Also it's sad to see that he sees OKW's forward HQs, but ignores the british one...
18 Nov 2015, 19:57 PM

He is a 4v4 "strategist". The problem is all the OKW's good stuff (JT, JLI) are doctrinal, plus every allied faction can steamroll OKW.

Also it's sad to see that he sees OKW's forward HQs, but ignores the british one...

He also ignored the fact that Americans have a foward retreat point that can be easily moved. ...
18 Nov 2015, 21:20 PM
18 Nov 2015, 22:16 PM

It looks as if your pepperonies just came back to life to bite you in the arse. And you thought Volks blobs were dead.
19 Nov 2015, 00:49 AM

and then the balance preview completely redesigned OKW, because they werent fine.
19 Nov 2015, 04:18 AM

19 Nov 2015, 04:31 AM

its the most game-killing patch i have ever been mad of. such a silly and dumb changement in there, noone asked for, or a few. i would really love to know what has to been done to be brave enough as devs to implement those kind of "lets call them changes" into game. i will first try running through a chainsaw, think this would be enough.serious im really fed up with the way the game is brought to the new-reigning complaints from the community what has to be changed and what not.really sick this stuff, im out.

grrr
21 Nov 2015, 01:12 AM

OKW is the weakest faction in the game. While 1vs1 are still manageable, choosing OKW in team games is suicide.

The resource penalty is crippling. The vet bonuses are too weak to compensate. In some cases OKW vet five is weaker than regular vet three. In most other cases it is only marginally better but definitely not "two levels of vet"-better. The requirements for OKW vet are also higher than for the regular vet of other factions. Eventually being a harder to get (for the same bonuses others get at vet 3).

Their mainline infantry does not even scale well - even with 5 levels of vet.

OKW tanks have been nerfed quite hard. Wasn´t the initial design of OKW better units for less resource income? Well, meanwhile Brits just steamroll OKW with (even the nerfed) Churchills.

Panthers and their rate of fire coupled with the health of a T-34/85 are ridiculous for 175 fuel.

Going for the mechanized command vehicle first is instant suicide.

I feel something needs to be done. OKW has become lackluster in every aspect. Their vet needs to be adjusted or the resource penalty needs to be significantly reduced or removed entirely.

i think you mean RIP UKF
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 73
unknown 23
United States 13

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %