Login

russian armor

Why does Brit Arty Commander require LOS now?

16 Nov 2015, 19:58 PM

Among the ninja changes of the last patch was the new requirement for the Brit arty commander to have line of sight to drop the 100 munitions arty strike.

As far as I can tell, this 100 munitions strike calls the base howitzers to barrage the exact same way the non-doctrinal Infantry Section 45 munitions strike does.

The utility of the ability was that it didn't require line of sight...if you saw Axis units massing, you could call it down to apply pressure. It could be used in conjunction with the Valentine to spot units and bombard them through the FOW.

Now that this ability requires LOS, there is almost no reason to use it. You need a spotter to use it, and the Brits most ubiquitous spotting unit (the Infantry Section) can throw a colored smoke grenade that summons the arty at less than half cost.

Who thought this change was a good idea, and why was it done?

If someone at Relic thought the ability was OP, it would've been better to increase its muni cost, not completely neuter its utility.
16 Nov 2015, 20:02 PM

Yeah, Artillery Regiment was already pretty bad, now it's even worse.

I might be wrong, but doesn't the Artillery Regiment ability fire half as many shells as the Infantry Section ability?
16 Nov 2015, 20:07 PM

Maybe relic decided to annoy not only okw players? :D No to be honest, i really don't know this "ninja change" politics, but what i can tell. After all this things and war crimes done by relic the player base leaves the game in masses, but well relic got it's money so who cares? :p
16 Nov 2015, 20:10 PM
Donator 11

Patch notes:
British Forces
Infantry Section’s Co-Ordinated Fire ability now has a static radius
Infantry Sections now receive a debuff while constructing
Armor-Piercing Sniper now has proper accuracy modifiers against retreating units and garrisoned units
Commandos can no longer reinforce at USF beacons
Airlanding Officer’s Officer Charge ability no longer stacks on allied USF units
Universal Carrier has had an inappropriate line of speech removed
AEC Mk. III Armored Car has had an inappropriate line of speech removed
Cromwell Mk. IV Cruiser Tank’s Prioritize Vehicles ability now has the correct animator
Churchill Crocodile now has a moving scatter penalty
Churchill AVRE’s Prioritize Vehicles ability now has the correct animator
Infantry no longer have a 10% chance critical to die instantly to explosive weapons
Infantry no longer receive a flame death from small explosives
Emplacement’s cost help text is no longer present in the Command Posts build menu
Emplacements can now be built if the pop-cap would equal 100
Commando Glider Insertion ability can no longer destroy Fuel & Munition caches by landing a glider on them
Forward Logistics Glider ability can no longer destroy Fuel & Munition caches by landing a glider on them
Forward Logistics Glider ability’s AS.58 Horsa Glider HQ can now set a rally point
Designate Command Vehicle ability modifiers no longer stack on re-crewed vehicles and weapon Teams
Designate Command Vehicle ability now provides the proper experience modifier
Air Resupply Operation ability will now land on territories captured and controlled by teammates
Concentrated Fire Operation ability now requires sight to be fired

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog?p=228335#post228335
guys read it :guyokay:
16 Nov 2015, 20:12 PM

Royal artillery regiment is worse than Bullshit. search my nick for hundreds of complaint.
16 Nov 2015, 20:16 PM

better question: why are anti-everything skillplanes and crocodile in the same commander?
16 Nov 2015, 20:45 PM

better question: why are anti-everything skillplanes and crocodile in the same commander?

same reason wehrmacht have skillplanes and tiger in same doc
16 Nov 2015, 21:43 PM

Concentrated fire (special weapons) IS NOT Concentration barrage (artillery commander). It wasn't in the patch notes and was probably changed by mistake (I hope, since it renders the commander effectively useless).

If it was deliberate it removed one of very few options for dealing with the scourge of the ISG.
16 Nov 2015, 21:49 PM

What is the name of that super uber artillery strike that comes down without flares and only has 5 seconds of warning without the need of LOS to throw it down?

Has that one finally gotten a LOS requirement?
16 Nov 2015, 21:54 PM

Concentrated Fire Operation, which is in Special Weapons Regiment Commander, was the one that needed the nerf. Y'know, the super poweful railway artillery one.
The one OP is talking, was essentially a 100 muni version of the Section Barrage that could be dropped anywhere. It was well balanced for the price, due to how absurdly bad the barrage can be. That seems to also require LOS now, which is maing it horribly munitions inefficient. (It's called Co-ordinated Fire Operation, btw)
16 Nov 2015, 23:21 PM

As far as I can tell, this 100 munitions strike calls the base howitzers to barrage the exact same way the non-doctrinal Infantry Section 45 munitions strike does.

Wrong, doctrinal 100 muni strike fires LESS shells then 45 muni IS one.
16 Nov 2015, 23:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2015, 23:21 PMKatitof

Wrong, doctrinal 100 muni strike fires LESS shells then 45 muni IS one.

oh... really??????? holy relic.
18 Nov 2015, 19:58 PM

18 Nov 2015, 20:00 PM

buff the offmap and keep its LOS requirement. its not fun gameplay wise to have offmaps in fog of war, you just cant be everywhere on the map to see the red smoke.

btw the thread title is kinda hilarious becaues every offmap in this game needs LoS, you should rather ask why brits didnt need LoS before that ;)
18 Nov 2015, 20:06 PM

This Commander was fun to play with in the Alpha but it is absolutely useless now. It's quite unfortunate.
18 Nov 2015, 22:45 PM

I don't see any benefit at all to Artillery Commander. Valentine is poor and too late, the 100 Munitions ability is overpriced and too late...and the Sexton is poor and too late.
19 Nov 2015, 00:55 AM
Patrion 28

buff the offmap and keep its LOS requirement. its not fun gameplay wise to have offmaps in fog of war, you just cant be everywhere on the map to see the red smoke.

btw the thread title is kinda hilarious becaues every offmap in this game needs LoS, you should rather ask why brits didnt need LoS before that ;)

technically not true. there are a handful of abilities, like recon planes, assault barrage, and the suppression/jaeger drop that do not require los. the latter two target points instead of the ground though.
19 Nov 2015, 10:21 AM

technically not true. there are a handful of abilities, like recon planes, assault barrage, and the suppression/jaeger drop that do not require los. the latter two target points instead of the ground though.

sorry i meant offmap arty. my bad. is there another offmap arty without LoS requirement?
19 Nov 2015, 12:03 PM
Patrion 28

sorry i meant offmap arty. my bad. is there another offmap arty without LoS requirement?

well assault artillery is technically artillery but i think that's debatable. i can't think of anything else though.
19 Nov 2015, 12:48 PM

Brits shouldnt have fog of war bombing, its a little game breaking really when you can just snipe indirect fire positions, or reinforcing clusters of inf, with no effect to gain LOS on them.

One of the principals of the british army, is its supposed to be a small elite army, backed up closely by strong supporting abilities.. as that is what Britain was good at in the war.

There should be a reason to use the doctrine arty over the IS or Sniper one though, if it called the same number of shells, that would be fine IMO.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 25
Germany 611

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment