Login

russian armor

OKW 1v1 Builds without Premium Commanders

12 Nov 2015, 17:37 PM

Yeah, as title says, anyone got some builds for me to try that dont use the Rare Commanders? OKW 1v1 is supposed to be the hardest, but I feel like pain :snfPeter:

Also, what map vetos would be recommended?
13 Nov 2015, 02:05 AM

I'd recommend veto for Sturzdorf and Semois anything, because I fucking hate those maps. For OKW specifically because they don't have any smoke and thus are vulnerable to mg pins.

As for builds, here's something I do with flamestorm commander that could be done pretty well with others.

2x Kubelwagon open, using them to pressure opponent at cut off points and defend your own cut off. Initial sturmpio focuses on capping clusters of strat points and maybe a muni point. (Don't worry about fuel right away)
Get mechanized command after the two kubels and convert some muni. I use this for flamers, but mines and grenades are good here too. Well placed mines are key for saving the kubels from scout cars. (Bait them over it.)

Follow up with a second sturmpio and then start pumping out infantry. Volks or panzerfusilers would be good here. A raketenwerfer at some point to defend against light vehicles is also a good idea.

Then convert to fuel and rush for panzer command. Build ASAP and pump out Obersoldaten and a Luchs. Use muni conversion to get mg34's for your ober squads and use their abilities.

At this point a battlegroup HQ is a good idea since it opens you open to get useful mid-late game stuff like ISG, Spotlight HT and jagdpanzer. It also lets you build a Kingtiger and provides healing that isn't sturmpio medkits.

This build is strong vs infantry heavy starts on maps that don't have a ton of buildings. Which is why I like having sturmpio flamers, since it lets you hard counter garrisons and cover both of which will give the kubelwagon trouble.

You also have the option of getting a flak HT or a puma as needed instead of rushing straight for panzer command, but I really like the early luchs.

I'd say this is a fairly hard build to execute because of how intensive it can be to micro your vehicles and how important it is to have good positioning. I would recommend swapping the second kubel with a volksgrenadier or mg34 for players with weak micro.

13 Nov 2015, 14:02 PM

In general I like to build in any case 2 vg's, sometimes a kubel, 2 elite infantry units like jaegers of panzerfuss., an mg and one raketen. I build up my bghq after the second vg. Depending on the game I get a jagdpanzer or tech up to the schwerer.
13 Nov 2015, 14:19 PM

I'd recommend veto for Sturzdorf and Semois anything, because I fucking hate those maps. For OKW specifically because they don't have any smoke and thus are vulnerable to mg pins.

As for builds, here's something I do with flamestorm commander that could be done pretty well with others.

2x Kubelwagon open, using them to pressure opponent at cut off points and defend your own cut off. Initial sturmpio focuses on capping clusters of strat points and maybe a muni point. (Don't worry about fuel right away)
Get mechanized command after the two kubels and convert some muni. I use this for flamers, but mines and grenades are good here too. Well placed mines are key for saving the kubels from scout cars. (Bait them over it.)

Follow up with a second sturmpio and then start pumping out infantry. Volks or panzerfusilers would be good here. A raketenwerfer at some point to defend against light vehicles is also a good idea.

Then convert to fuel and rush for panzer command. Build ASAP and pump out Obersoldaten and a Luchs. Use muni conversion to get mg34's for your ober squads and use their abilities.

At this point a battlegroup HQ is a good idea since it opens you open to get useful mid-late game stuff like ISG, Spotlight HT and jagdpanzer. It also lets you build a Kingtiger and provides healing that isn't sturmpio medkits.

This build is strong vs infantry heavy starts on maps that don't have a ton of buildings. Which is why I like having sturmpio flamers, since it lets you hard counter garrisons and cover both of which will give the kubelwagon trouble.

You also have the option of getting a flak HT or a puma as needed instead of rushing straight for panzer command, but I really like the early luchs.

I'd say this is a fairly hard build to execute because of how intensive it can be to micro your vehicles and how important it is to have good positioning. I would recommend swapping the second kubel with a volksgrenadier or mg34 for players with weak micro.

I have faced a build similar to this as Soviets, it is pretty legit. OP you should try this most difintely .
13 Nov 2015, 16:01 PM

u cant build kubel vs soviet...a scout car kill every kubel in the field.
but kubel its great vs ukf and usf
13 Nov 2015, 19:42 PM

u cant build kubel vs soviet...a scout car kill every kubel in the field.
but kubel its great vs ukf and usf

An opponent thinking that is what makes it so easy to get him to chase your kubel over a mine.

I've killed dozens of m3a1's and m20's by doing that. People get greedy when they see a kubel at 50% hp and will chase you wherever you want.

Free salvage + making them waste 15 fuel is well worth the cost of the kubel and mine.
13 Nov 2015, 21:57 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Most of my good OKW builds come from the default commanders. It's a slight disadvantage playing 1v1 because only luftwaffles and spearmint doctrines are viable for head-to-head battles. The special ops is pretty weak in 1v1 because its abilities really only benefit team play. I would read Luftwaffe lockdown for some pointers, and there is a defensive doctrine strategy that helpinghans uses all the time that works with Luftwaffe too (just watch his videos). The spearhead doctrine is situational so it's really hard to plan ahead for. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.
21 Nov 2015, 23:47 PM

An opponent thinking that is what makes it so easy to get him to chase your kubel over a mine.

I've killed dozens of m3a1's and m20's by doing that. People get greedy when they see a kubel at 50% hp and will chase you wherever you want.

Free salvage + making them waste 15 fuel is well worth the cost of the kubel and mine.

its really hard survive for a few seconds against Clowns. And u dont have even 30 ammo when it comes at the field
21 Nov 2015, 23:59 PM

its really hard survive for a few seconds against Clowns. And u dont have even 30 ammo when it comes at the field

You don't have 30 ammo by the time he has 60 ammo for a flame engie??

Without flamers sturmpios and kubel can absolutely shred the clown car. (They do a surprising amount of damage, to be honest)
22 Nov 2015, 10:06 AM

Just wanted to pass my thanks along, Dulla, tried this build tonight, and it is utterly lethal. 3 games consecutively. No other OKW build gives you this level of aggressiveness, it's fantastic.

Also the Mech HQ hotswapping between muni and fuel transfer is something I'll need to incorporate into other builds, it's incredibly useful in dictating the tempo of the game.
22 Nov 2015, 23:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2015, 10:06 AMHawking

Just wanted to pass my thanks along, Dulla, tried this build tonight, and it is utterly lethal. 3 games consecutively. No other OKW build gives you this level of aggressiveness, it's fantastic.

Also the Mech HQ hotswapping between muni and fuel transfer is something I'll need to incorporate into other builds, it's incredibly useful in dictating the tempo of the game.

Glad you like it. Once I started using the conversion hotswap I came to the same conclusion. It's part of the reason I'm so disappointed with it being removed in the patch preview.
23 Nov 2015, 08:06 AM

But by converting, you are losing ressources overall.. I can understand getting a few early flamers and mines early, but once you get a luchs id be more temped not to convert.

I think early kubel pressure is best way to open atm. I like to follow with flak HT, medic truck, then Oswind. One of the great things with JLI is they dont need muni sinking into them unlike lots of other inf.

In the new patch, its not a bad thing removing conversion, because now they have full ressource income. Only 'restriction' is not having caches, which isnt the end of the world.
23 Nov 2015, 16:03 PM

But by converting, you are losing ressources overall.. I can understand getting a few early flamers and mines early, but once you get a luchs id be more temped not to convert.

I think early kubel pressure is best way to open atm. I like to follow with flak HT, medic truck, then Oswind. One of the great things with JLI is they dont need muni sinking into them unlike lots of other inf.

In the new patch, its not a bad thing removing conversion, because now they have full ressource income. Only 'restriction' is not having caches, which isnt the end of the world.

You definitely don't want to convert munitions for a very long time, but doing it to get specific upgrades when you need them is useful. (Especially since outside those upgrades you don't really need muni at all.) In the late game too it's also good to convert muni since you'll be popcapped and begin to float fuel anyway.

24 Nov 2015, 05:00 AM

Glad you like it. Once I started using the conversion hotswap I came to the same conclusion. It's part of the reason I'm so disappointed with it being removed in the patch preview.

When I tried it, my kubel got stuck on a fence doing doughnuts and died xD
24 Nov 2015, 05:28 AM

When I tried it, my kubel got stuck on a fence doing doughnuts and died xD

Your mileage may vary. xD
24 Nov 2015, 06:37 AM

Your mileage may vary. xD

Yep.... Had some crappy luck lately. Kubel turning by itself, etc... then getting wedged into some fences... or suppressing a massive blob then pinning really quickly.

Oh kubelwagon.

I will miss it for the misery it bought me.
22 Oct 2016, 12:10 PM

You don't have 30 ammo by the time he has 60 ammo for a flame engie??

Without flamers sturmpios and kubel can absolutely shred the clown car. (They do a surprising amount of damage, to be honest)

clown car easily can chase donw the kubel and when reack 60mm u presume that we already put 2 mines and gonna kill clown car.

If mistake u're in seriouly problem.

Sorry for the english
=)
22 Oct 2016, 12:45 PM
Donator 11

clown car easily can chase donw the kubel and when reack 60mm u presume that we already put 2 mines and gonna kill clown car.

If mistake u're in seriouly problem.

Sorry for the english
=)

Is there some active necromancy cult at this forum or something?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★