Login

russian armor

Universal Carrier Issues

10 Nov 2015, 14:11 PM

So the 210-manpower 15-fuel (just like the 222) combat vehicle that also happens to be the only flamer of UKF... moves slower than a Panzer 4 and always dies to 2 fausts. This results in it being vulnerable even to lone gren squads that just shoot the faust, chase the turtle UC and faust it again (even more vulnerable with wasp because it reduces dps when shooting at open cover). This combined with the considerable faust range makes threatening gren squads essentially impossible. Solution: increase HP to 240 (same as 222). Leaves it vulnerable to double grens since rifles will eventually kill the 40 hp and encourages health conservation. Alternatively, increase the movement speed.

Another thing is the Vickers K upgrade which is plainly not worth it. The suppression has mediocre range and the dps increase is not even noticeable. Solution: increase dps to double the stock Bren gun's or increase suppression range (to something like 40 or 45).
10 Nov 2015, 14:13 PM

does it take huge damage from small arms fire like 222? i seriously dont know because i never see one ( which tells alot about how bad it is)
10 Nov 2015, 14:32 PM
Donator 11

In my experience the dps increase with vickers k is noticable but this is due to the fact standard mg is really bad and needs point blank range to do damage. With this upgrade this unit is your best bet against kubel on open maps.

On the other hand the flamer upgrade is still underwhelming. I mean I know it does same as kv-8, croc, hetzer and so on but for such hit and run unit like UC that also needs kubel levels of micro it is pretty bad. The only reason to buy that upgrade is that it is the only flamer british faction has.

That said there is one thing UC is good at: being command vehicle. Debuffs are prety severe so any unit you use with that ability makes it pretty much useless. With UC you gain the same and loose nothing because the unit was useless even before ability was used :)
10 Nov 2015, 14:44 PM

With UC you gain the same and loose nothing because the unit was useless even before ability was used :)

Hahahahaha.. Ive seen it used twice, both times failed horribly. If it doesnt die to small arms fire / fausts, it dies to a 222 / PG shrek / volk shrek. It is a useless unit that I keep trying to use for some strange reason. I will for sure try to debuff it tonight haha
10 Nov 2015, 14:48 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2015, 14:44 PMJewdo

Hahahahaha.. Ive seen it used twice, both times failed horribly. If it doesnt die to small arms fire / fausts, it dies to a 222 / PG shrek / volk shrek. It is a useless unit that I keep trying to use for some strange reason. I will for sure try to debuff it tonight haha

On some maps you can keep it behind stuctures in the middle and just benefit from recon planes.
10 Nov 2015, 14:51 PM

Only 20 MP more than M3A1, but much more resistant to small arms.
10 Nov 2015, 14:56 PM

Can have units from the inside though, doesnt have to pay 90 muni for a flamer. More mobile as well.
10 Nov 2015, 15:00 PM

does it take huge damage from small arms fire like 222? i seriously dont know because i never see one ( which tells alot about how bad it is)

Yes. They have similar armor. On average exactly the same durability.
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2015, 14:56 PMJewdo

Can have units from the inside though, doesnt have to pay 90 muni for a flamer. More mobile as well.

Infantry can't shoot from UC, its transport exclusively, much slower then M3 as well so no, its not that mobile.
10 Nov 2015, 15:05 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2015, 15:00 PMKatitof

Infantry can't shoot from UC, its transport exclusively, much slower then M3 as well so no, its not that mobile.

That was exactly what he ment if you read closely :D
10 Nov 2015, 15:13 PM

That was exactly what he ment if you read closely :D

Hard to understand when grammar is being butchered so hard :foreveralone:
10 Nov 2015, 15:17 PM

Sturms up close will wreck a bren carrier in no time

Yea sure great, but you have to remember the bren is UKF's only reliable building clearence. Soviets get molos, flamers and flamer clown cars.

imo the bren needs a mobility buff, most case it spins around waiting to be fausted while it aims at targets. Clown car can just zoom around clearing houses at will
10 Nov 2015, 15:29 PM

The UC is a tricky one to get right.

My biggest issue with it is that, like many british units, it has to do too much. It has to fill the anti MG, anti building and anti sniper roles with not much health to do it. It's soft countered by grens and okw will have a shreck or raketen to deal with it fairly early.

Where I do think it could use a buff is its maneuverability, especially rotation rate. If I want to use it to hunt a sniper for example, I'd have to go around the grens and try and nab the sniper that way - except by the time the thing has negotiated every small bump in the road and turned to the sniper, it's long gone.

At base I don't have too much issues with the damage, just that it can be removed from the field a bit easily considering it can't be repaired until later or vet 1.

The vickers I want to like. In principle it should help sniper hunting. Perhaps it's just me, but it seems to fire in really short bursts? Maybe its intended but it feels a bit awkward/buggy to me.

10 Nov 2015, 15:45 PM

It has 10 front armor. The 222 has 9 front armor, but 240 HP.
10 Nov 2015, 15:48 PM

I dont know what people expect from the UC. OF COURSE it dies to 2AT shots, it is a light vehicle! a light vehicle only designed to SUPPORT your Infantry squad, not act alone and rambo everything. Sometimes people criticise the game as it doesnt fit their vision. The only thing i have to say about this is that Tenid seems right about the lack of agility of the thing. Think of it as a UK kubelwagen.
10 Nov 2015, 16:01 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2015, 15:48 PMKozokus
I dont know what people expect from the UC. OF COURSE it dies to 2AT shots, it is a light vehicle! a light vehicle only designed to SUPPORT your Infantry squad, not act alone and rambo everything. Sometimes people criticise the game as it doesnt fit their vision. The only thing i have to say about this is that Tenid seems right about the lack of agility of the thing. Think of it as a UK kubelwagen.

I would take kubelwagen over UC every time. I'm ok with it dying to one faust and small arms. All light vehicles do. But it just doesnt deal enough damage so it is worth to buy it instead of IS os sappers. It just doesnt. And UKF is also a faction that has problems with capping early on due to expensive squads. Buying UC delays your capping even more and should be rewarded in some way.
10 Nov 2015, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2015, 15:48 PMKozokus

222 is the same and yet doesn't die to 2 AT nades and has much better mobility.
10 Nov 2015, 17:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2015, 16:54 PMMuxsus

222 is the same and yet doesn't die to 2 AT nades and has much better mobility.

it survives 2 at nades with literally 1hp. do you need to spend 60 fuel to tech to the carrier? dont have britz
10 Nov 2015, 17:10 PM

I find that using more than one with the Wasp upgrade, supporting infantry, makes it a lot more useful. Particularly after an area has been devastated by heavy fighting. The damage bonus against cover is quite nice in these cases since Infantry Sections are lackluster when fighting against infantry in light cover.

I find myself back-teching to these often when I need a cheap supplement for my armoured forces too. But this would really only be when my forces have been doing reasonably well. The 4 Pop Cap cost is a real bargain.
10 Nov 2015, 17:18 PM

it survives 2 at nades with literally 1hp. do you need to spend 60 fuel to tech to the carrier? dont have britz

AT nade and faust = 100 dmg.
222 is 240 HP.
UC is 200 HP.

What I'm proposing is merely buffing UC health level to 240 so that it survives 2 fausts with literally 1 hp too. Teching costs are not relevant because the vehicles' timings and purposes are different, but their survivability levels should be alike (if you actually weren't being sarcastic, no, UC is in the main building).
10 Nov 2015, 17:33 PM

the bren carrier need 280 hp.

Unlike the 222 or the m3 scout car, the bren carrier only has 35 sight range. This mean it's a lot harder for the bren carrier to see threats in time. It's also fairly useless as a transport since infantry can't fire out of it nor can the UC reinforce.

In addition, the british lack access to engineer in the beginning. Sufficient damage to the UC will take it out of operation until the british get t1 up and running.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 32
unknown 20
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak