Login

russian armor

Mortar smoke increasing utility

10 Nov 2015, 10:23 AM

During the last patches EFA armies had their mortars nerfed, while WFA had their mortars types howies buffed and getting more utility via suppression.

Further more, more units with access to smoke become available.

Imo Mortar smoke is currently under-performing since it takes too long to deploy and become effective.

My suggestion would be to make mortars to start firing smoke faster.

10 Nov 2015, 11:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2015, 10:23 AMMyself
During the last patches EFA armies had their mortars nerfed, while WFA had their mortars types howies buffed and getting more utility via suppression.

Imo Mortar smoke is currently under-performing since it takes too long to deploy and become effective.

+1.
10 Nov 2015, 21:01 PM

I'd love to see this as well!

+1
10 Nov 2015, 21:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2015, 10:23 AMMyself

Agreed. Ask a mod to add a poll so we can vote and back it up with numbers
10 Nov 2015, 21:25 PM

Is that glitch where the mortars won't fire smoke or anything when you tell them too still around?
That's happened to me a couple times ;.;
10 Nov 2015, 21:38 PM

Is that glitch where the mortars won't fire smoke or anything when you tell them too still around?
That's happened to me a couple times ;.;

i think there was some bug they fixed some patches ago about mortar and smoke and rotate value or something, maybe someone knows more cant find it.
10 Nov 2015, 21:40 PM
Donator 11

Signing into the mortar smoke buff fan club :D
11 Nov 2015, 00:20 AM
Patrion 27

+1

AFAIK the smoke issue was when you give a barrage command at max range then immediately give a move command. Smoke shells should just straight up have less hang time, like half. The barrage cooldown bulletins for mortars do in fact stack and can be kinda silly to use.
11 Nov 2015, 00:31 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Having improved utility to the smoke barrage for mortars (maybe smoke barrage for LefH/ML-20 too) would make them more attractive to use (more so than they already are).
Frankly, the USF have a huge advantage with such ubiquitous access to smoke.
If Ostheer had smoke nades on Grens, fighting 1v1 Maxim spam July 2013 would've been a lot easier ;)
11 Nov 2015, 02:29 AM

Aye--mortar smoke is worthless right now. There needs to be some overhaul--but I wouldn't like to see it as reactionary so much as planned in its role.

Therefore I'd like to keep it slow to start firing, but, hear me out, I'd like to make the smoke freakin' huge, or last super long, or the barrage to just keep coming until halted. Sure, it might be retarded... I have no idea what I'm saying, basically.
11 Nov 2015, 07:29 AM
Patrion 28

mortar smoke isn't worthless but it's pretty hard to use because it takes so long for the smoke shells to land. making them come down faster and more predictably (sometimes it takes like 15 seconds, sometimes 5) would be much appreciated.
11 Nov 2015, 07:40 AM

Agreed. Nothing more to add here.
11 Nov 2015, 13:49 PM
Donator 33

Mortars using smoke is such a rare thing to see, that a Buff would just encourage to use it even more, so YES a smoke buff would be a welcomed thing for COH 2

(But why are smoke rounds so much more accurate, when compared to HE rounds? :snfCHVGame: )
11 Nov 2015, 17:39 PM

11 Nov 2015, 18:17 PM

Mortar smoke is fine. I use it frequently as both Sov and Ost.

Offensively it's a matter of learning the timing so you can use it and then have you troops arrive just in time.

Defensively is a bit more difficult, you have to use it a bit earlier than you may think you have to.

I'm generally against simplification of functional mechanics. "Incentive buffing" is also usually a bad idea.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★