Login

russian armor

Penals weaker than conscripts??

11 Nov 2015, 17:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2015, 13:10 PMATCF
Penals were originally 360mp and they beat grenadiers in a long range fight, but Relic decided to reduce their cost and turn their SVT 40 rifles to more of a close/medium range weapon, they usually need VET 2 or 3 to be effective on the field, otherwise they just die, and if you build a T2 to get some AT, you are going to delay your teching very much and probably get pushed of the map if you get too many penals

(Their Veterancy increases their accuracy by total of 60%, so if there are some LMG´s laying around on the ground, pick them up with penals, and you have a squad that shoots down everything, like the original Obersoldaten, since a LMG 42 has good stats, but when you increase its accuracy by another 60% its going to be godlike)

I have been theorizing that one should combine Penals with the Brits doctrine that can call the truck that drops weapons to make Penals with too LMGs (or what that gun is) each.
11 Nov 2015, 17:21 PM
Patrion 28

I have been theorizing that one should combine Penals with the Brits doctrine that can call the truck that drops weapons to make Penals with too LMGs (or what that gun is) each.

it's good with conscripts. i've shit out brens for a friend before in team games.
11 Nov 2015, 18:25 PM
Donator 33

it's good with conscripts. i've shit out brens for a friend before in team games.

I think his point is the 60% accuracy increase that Penals get from vet, basically making them better with Bazookas/PTRS/LMG´s than conscripts :P
11 Nov 2015, 22:08 PM

I certainly miss the expensive, long range penals of pre-WFA. (...or was it just like that in beta... I don't quite remember anymore.)

I've always felt that Penals needed another option other than flamers. They needed flamers and satchels AND a long range alternative. I've always thought a DP-28 LMG upgrade like Guards would've been perfectly appropriate for Penals.

Flamers with Satchels as an upgrade, or DP-28s and button (or something like Rear Eschelon suppression) would be perfect for Penal Battalions without heavily redesigning the entire unit.

(That or at the very least let them share one or both nades with conscripts.)

I dunno, to me it seems that the Soviets and Ostheer just feel, well, outdated. Especially compared to all the bells and whistles the Brits get.
11 Nov 2015, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2015, 18:25 PMATCF

I think his point is the 60% accuracy increase that Penals get from vet, basically making them better with Bazookas/PTRS/LMG´s than conscripts :P

And con rec acc vet allows them to outlast opponents while providing more utility with at nades.

Penals accuracy isn't worth it over con constitution.
11 Nov 2015, 22:54 PM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2015, 18:25 PMATCF

didn't realize they got that much accuracy. i'm sure they'd preform better against infantry though, particularly if they had a flamer and the lmg. i want to try cons with piats now because oorah makes the snare pretty easy to get off and the snare should let piats hit moving tanks.
11 Nov 2015, 23:09 PM

relic doesnt know what to do Kappa they buffed t34 and it still sucked so they just made it cheaper and moved it to t4 Kappa
11 Nov 2015, 23:47 PM
Donator 33

relic doesnt know what to do Kappa they buffed t34 and it still sucked so they just made it cheaper and moved it to t4 Kappa

Its kinda funny how you can just spam T34/76´s if you have the map control, dont even need Industry to do that...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★