Login

russian armor

Reducing the RNG factor for call-in units

Remove RNG factors for call-in units at all.
Option Distribution Votes
86%
14%
Total votes: 22
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
8 Nov 2015, 10:17 AM

Hey,

I think call-in units as for example the Osttruppen of the Mobile Defense Doctrine should not have such a RNG factor or a RNG factor at all.

In the last game I played with the Mobile Defense Doctrine (in my oppinion the most viable doctrine for OST these days...) I was so lucky and got 2 vet3 Osttruppen which were quite potent right from the start and helped me a lot.

My problem with it is it was just pure luck! And there is a huge difference in getting two Osttruppen squads with vet0 or one with vet 0 and one with vet1 and without any LMG or two highly vetted squads as I got.

The next thing is the LMG itself on the Osttruppen. Most of the time you wont get one and if you get one the Osttruppen call-in is really good.

But this whole luck dependent factor ruins the idea at least for me. Relic says they will go more for the e-sport thing with coh2 which is great in my oppinion. For this they should change such RNG factor at least for call-in units it is just nonsense.

My special suggestion for Mobile Defense Doctrine: Give one squad of Osttruppen with a LMG and vet0 and another one with vet1 or 2 for the player all the time. So you know what you get and adjust the cost for this, lets say 475 MP or so (just another suggestion).

This would be a better approach for making an e-sports worthy game. This suggestion is not for Mobile Defense only but this is my example right here. For all other RNG based call-ins I would like to see the same.

Because it has nothing to do with skill or any tactical decision if you get a highly usefull unit out of such a call in or just a bad deal for your money. I think this is not a good choice even if it makes this call-in units "more fun" for some players.

Maybe you read this Relic and have a thougt about it...

Cheers,

Markja
8 Nov 2015, 11:40 AM

I always thought they shouldve came with an mg34 because its meant to be a doctrine that was celebrating the release of western front armies
Anyways they did it to veteran riflemen they should do it to this aswell
Im not sure though should it be 1 with vet 1 + lmg and the other just vet 2?
8 Nov 2015, 11:50 AM

The idea with the MG34 is a really good one because it would underline the unique trade of being something which OST does not have AND it would have the link to the Western Front Armies (in addition the Mobile Defense commander comes from the western front as the description says ;) ).

And as you already mentioned they did it to the veteran rifle men and they should do it to the Osttruppen of Mobile Defense as well.
8 Nov 2015, 21:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Add a 60muni cost > One Osstruppen arrives with LMG
Make the one with LMG vet0 and one Osstruppen vet1/2
9 Nov 2015, 16:18 PM
Donator 11

it is not just senseless RNG, but uncounterable for the enemy aswell.
For example:
If your tanks hits his, but his tank misses, you may be lucky, but he can retreat. For call-ins he cant do that, therefore it is bad design!
9 Nov 2015, 17:01 PM

14 Y - 1 N

Nice!
I voted no as I'm in favor of less RNG!
9 Nov 2015, 17:26 PM

14 Y - 1 N

Nice!
I voted no as I'm in favor of less RNG!

But... that doesn't make sense.. :j
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #