Login

russian armor

A buff to KV-1 HP needed

8 Nov 2015, 06:20 AM

I don't think anyone would be opposed to an HP buff to the KV-1. I can't remember the last time I've seen this unit, and I think an HP buff to 960 would be a good start.

That's about 1.8 more shots from paks and axis tanks, and 2.3 more shots from panzershrecks.
8 Nov 2015, 10:01 AM

I don't think anyone would be opposed to an HP buff to the KV-1. I can't remember the last time I've seen this unit, and I think an HP buff to 960 would be a good start.

That's about 1.8 more shots from paks and axis tanks, and 2.3 more shots from panzershrecks.

Guess what i am opposed . first you need yo give some decent arguments why you want to see the kv1 buffed. saying you hardly see the kv1 is not an argument. we hardly see the ost panther as well.
8 Nov 2015, 10:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 10:01 AMZyllen

Guess what i am opposed . first you need yo give some decent arguments why you want to see the kv1 buffed. saying you hardly see the kv1 is not an argument. we hardly see the ost panther as well.

Just take the churchill as an example.
Agree with OP,KV-1 underused and for its price underperforming as well.

960 hp is 1 more pak shot - KV-1 has 800 hp atm.

8 Nov 2015, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 10:01 AMZyllen

Guess what i am opposed .

No one is surprised here.
first you need yo give some decent arguments why you want to see the kv1 buffed.

Single argument:
T34/85 greatly outperforms it in every situation, it can take as many shots, its faster to is gets away from danger more quickly and reliably, its in better doctrines, it have gun that actually work.

KV-1 is either obsolete choice, its gun is completely obsolete and its armor, while somewhat high, is completely unreliable against any axis AT weapon. Its better then T34/76, but that isn't an achievement

saying you hardly see the kv1 is not an argument. we hardly see the ost panther as well.

Ost panther is common sight in 2v2 and up. You only don't see it in 1s that often and its NOT because of how it performs so your comparison is void.

Three solutions are left, buffing durability, to give it actual non overlaping role over 34/85 as a damage sponge as currently its just tad bulkier medium.

Buffing firepower, but that won't happen, because 34/85.

Or T34 aka lazy way, reducing the cost, which changes nothing on the long run and while increasing its cost effectiveness, it wouldn't do anything for the tank and its actual usefulness.
8 Nov 2015, 10:14 AM

Just take the churchill as an example.
Agree with OP,KV-1 underused and for its price underperforming as well.

960 hp is 1 more pak shot - KV-1 has 800 hp atm.

I dont take the church as example because the church is OP as fuck. and if it was not for the fact that the brits didnt have good breakthrough abilities i would nerf it even further. but since the soviets come equipped with abilities and units that can completely smash you line like the b4 i say its pretty much balanced.
8 Nov 2015, 10:17 AM

Single argument:
T34/85 greatly outperforms it in every situation, it can take as many shots, its faster to is gets away from danger more quickly and reliably, its in better doctrines, it have gun that actually work.

KV-1 is either obsolete choice, its gun is completely obsolete and its armor, while somewhat high, is completely unreliable against any axis AT weapon. Its better then T34/76, but that isn't an achievement

No it isnt and you are talking crap again. all medium and heavy generalist are far less useful since the meta shifted to dedicated TD's. even the 85 and e8 are far less useful now.
8 Nov 2015, 10:59 AM

Permanently Banned
Yep, buff XP, maybe armor, maybe give ability not vet 1 caping (Why HEAVY TANK need vet 1 ability like soviet tanks have) OpieOP, up CP and price.
8 Nov 2015, 11:01 AM

Man most Soviet commanders need total overhaul. KV-1 and KV-2 don't actually have a role in this game. So I'm not saying I appose what you say, I'm just saying simply buffing it HP isn't enough.
8 Nov 2015, 11:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 10:14 AMZyllen

I dont take the church as example because the church is OP as fuck. and if it was not for the fact that the brits didnt have good breakthrough abilities i would nerf it even further. but since the soviets come equipped with abilities and units that can completely smash you line like the b4 i say its pretty much balanced.

Churchill is the only unit compareable to the KV-1 thats why.
And churchill is not as OP as you think,if it was so why havent i seen more than a handful of them in 1vs1 ?
Churchill needs same price as Panther and buff to KV-1 or cost decrease.
At the moment the gap between them is too big IMO.

8 Nov 2015, 11:29 AM
Donator 22

Spamming KV-1 without tech is pretty discusting tho. I think if it's going to get buffs it should be limited to one.
8 Nov 2015, 11:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 11:29 AMassbag
Spamming KV-1 without tech is pretty discusting tho. I think if it's going to get buffs it should be limited to one.

Then the buff would have to be tremendous.
8 Nov 2015, 11:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 11:29 AMassbag

Disgusting? It's a wonderful xp farm for any tank destroyer. Not as good as churchill though.
8 Nov 2015, 12:17 PM

Soooooooooo many buffs are asked for soviets.

Get over it fanbois. Buff cons, buff isu, buff kv-1...
8 Nov 2015, 12:33 PM

Churchill is the only unit compareable to the KV-1 thats why.

The problem with your arguments is that you do not compare the differences between factions thats why you and katitof are failing rather hard in this thread.

The brits really need something like the church otherwise they would be royally fucked as they have no mobile indirect fire units. the soviets are simply overloaded with it so no the kv1 doesn't need any buff to their breakthrough tank.
8 Nov 2015, 12:39 PM

Why are you guys opposed to buffing a commander that nobody ever uses. KV-1 is shit right now and it needs a health buff. You really think it will ruin the game?
8 Nov 2015, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 12:39 PMF1sh
Why are you guys opposed to buffing a commander that nobody ever uses. KV-1 is shit right now and it needs a health buff. You really think it will ruin the game?

It's really quite pathetic. The ridiculous faction politics that are present on this games forums is like nothing I've ever seen before. This guy is arguing to keep a worthless unit worthless, simply because he plays Axis.

I haven't seen the KV-1 in literally years. Even before the B4 was nerfed, people didn't waste resources on this thing. Its role is to soak up hits, but its facing superior Axis AT, so it's above-average armor isn't useful unless RNG gods are on your side that night, and so it ends up being a bigger, slower, more expensive T-34.
8 Nov 2015, 15:33 PM

It's really quite pathetic. The ridiculous faction politics that are present on this games forums is like nothing I've ever seen before. This guy is arguing to keep a worthless unit worthless, simply because he plays Axis.

I haven't seen the KV-1 in literally years. Even before the B4 was nerfed, people didn't waste resources on this thing. Its role is to soak up hits, but its facing superior Axis AT, so it's above-average armor isn't useful unless RNG gods are on your side that night, and so it ends up being a bigger, slower, more expensive T-34.

Has a soviet Star as avatar and is not biased at all :banana:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 111
South Africa 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %