Login

russian armor

What did I do wrong here?

7 Nov 2015, 19:16 PM
Patrion 310

Lol, he lost 5 squads in total, I can bet my ass safely that I didn't lose just by sturmpio build. MG 34 and volks would have lost me the game as well, I had north side Kharkov.

All excuses and possibilities aside, I didn't play at my best most certainly, but telling me my build was 100% lost case when I wipe 3 of his units isn't that big of statement my friend.

You may have not lost entirely because of a spam sturm pio build but it definitely went a long way to causing it. Volks help with capping since they are a lot cheaper than sturmpios and can easy force off RE's. They are cheaper to reinforce so less of a mp drain. They are also reasonable at long range when in cover, even vs rifles. MG34 despite its weakness when compared to the mg42, is still decent at suppressing infantry. Using suppression combined with Sturmpios is a deadly combo and can inflict lots of kills / damage if the opponent doesn't retreat when he becomes supressed or pinned. Sure he can use smoke but there are ways to counter that (mines near mg34, volks with incindi nades into the smoke, soft retreating mg34).

However, I'm sorry to say that the main reason why you lost this game (and probably many others) is that apparently you don't like to admit that you fucked up, whether it is due to build order, micro or whatever. Until you stop thinking the only reason you are losing is because "OMG USF SO OP" and stop being basically a twat in game, then you will never get better. Attitudes like "because I did almost everything right, he did everything wrong," are a perfect example of this. You did so many things wrong and have no right saying that he was the one doing everything wrong.

You should be analyzing all of your games, regardless of it is a win or loss so you can see why things went wrong and why things worked. You can figure out what can be done better, when the best timings for various units are. Posting your replays up for advice is really useful as there are many people here willing to offer help. Watching streamers play the game can help a massive amount as you can pick up build orders and tactics for various maps, as well as how to counter different build orders / units. Most streamers will often help if you ask questions about the game.

If you are for example having problems vs USF as OKW, play USF until you get beaten by an OKW player and then see what they did. If you are not having much luck in getting matched vs okw players or whatever, then ask people on the forums who are better than you to play vs you so you can improve.

If you get matched vs players significantly better than you, its always a good idea to ask how you can improve or what they think you did wrong.

Last point, for the love of god please stop making all the fucking "ALLIES OP" threads. Imo game balance has little to do with you losing right now.

Edit: In before calling me an allied fanboy.
7 Nov 2015, 22:20 PM

sorry to say so, but you build 3 sturmpios in first 3 mins in AN OPEN MAP.

I don't people's advice with OKW. People say Volksgrenadiers suck and need more AI power, and the answer is "Volksgrenadiers are supposed to suck, Sturmpioneers are your combat infantry." OP uses Sturmpioneers and loses, the response is "Well you lost because you made too many (just three) Sturmpioneers". Sounds like OKW is wrong either way?
7 Nov 2015, 22:47 PM

I don't people's advice with OKW. People say Volksgrenadiers suck and need more AI power, and the answer is "Volksgrenadiers are supposed to suck, Sturmpioneers are your combat infantry." OP uses Sturmpioneers and loses, the response is "Well you lost because you made too many (just three) Sturmpioneers". Sounds like OKW is wrong either way?

Head on over to the official redesign thread...

IMO Volks should turn into a 320 MP 4 man Panzerfusilier squad with G41s (A buffed Garand profile) and Pzgren received accuracy, that can still use flares, but loses AT nade for smoke. Still has Shrek upgrade, now for 75 muni.
7 Nov 2015, 22:50 PM

You launched the game.
7 Nov 2015, 23:01 PM

OP;. you dared to play vs USF. You can't win against them.
7 Nov 2015, 23:03 PM
Patrion 310

I think he built 5 in total (one of those squads he lost). A mixture of volks and sturms is probably the best combo. Spamming Sturmpios and not using them effectively isn't the way to beat rifles and it has nothing to do with how "op" usf are.
7 Nov 2015, 23:52 PM

i clearly said that he used them - a CLOSE support unit - on an OPEN map that favors long engagments - like rifle squads!
8 Nov 2015, 00:11 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

What did you do wrong....well since you dont have the respect for this site to even post this in the state office because you shit golden bricks, and your struggles in game are only balance related:

ill just reiterate what everyone else said,and add my own thoughts.

Sturmpio spam?

You cancel a kubel on road to kharkov for more sturmpios? Really? USF OP?

You overextend to a completely meaningless point/side of the map,and lose a sturmpio squad.

Why not do your little sturmpio spam on the guys cutoff,which honestly wouldve worked the way he played.

You continue spamming sturmpios when you couldve gotten Jaeger and harrassed this guys wide open cutoff.

And, not only do you BM like the little girl you are,instead of continuing to play the game after getting all those wipes,you rage like a 6 year old and quit when you have twice the popcap as the other giy.

After watching this pathetic excuse for a game, you have NO business making threads about how ANYTHING is unbalanced. And really if it were up to me,you and the many others like you would be perma-banned from coh2.org for spamming nonsense.

Your issues have NOTHING to do with how overpowered or how weak anything is. So again, for the love of god,please stop spamming coh2.org. I advise you next time to post a replay that isnt filled to the brim with childish BM in the state office with your game concerns instead of the balance forum. Maybe when you do that, youll be met with less hostile responses and more respect.

Or just go take a walk,or get laid or something. Because no matter how unbalanced the game is, shittalking people like that is completely unneccessary and makes you look like you have a mental disorder.
8 Nov 2015, 00:45 AM
Patrion 14

You outplayed nobody. I watched the replay and all I saw were blind rushes with Sturmpioneer blobs across red / neutral cover at Riflesquads sitting stationary in green cover and then crying that you didn't win the game.

Maybe USF vs OKW early game does need looking at, but you could never tell after this replay. So you wiped a few squads. Good. Too bad for you that Relic didn't tie the VP counter to squadwipes. You are also apparently flabbergasted that after manpower losses your opponent was able to field an AA half-track , after he held fuel uncontested (and even holding two) at the 8 minute mark. As if manpower losses somehow prevent people from fielding light vehicles.

The reasons you lost this game are irrelevant. You will keep losing, because you are quick to blame everyone and their mother for losing a game, instead of checking if maybe your strategy, build order and micro were anything but flawless when in fact they were atrocious.
11 Nov 2015, 06:36 AM

:sibHyena::sibHyena:

Make cqc units and whine when they lose at far distance :luvDerp:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment