Login

russian armor

2v2 is done

4 Nov 2015, 22:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 22:52 PMhubewa

Really really really silly and flamy post.

Name one occupation where 700 hours is "not enough experience". 700 hrs is more than a month straight of playing if you played 24 hrs a day.

Hell even learning how to drive doesn't require 700 hours before you're an "experienced driver".

700 hours is more than enough to be experienced in a game.

This is correct, 700 hours is a long time. Also keep in mind, and I know this may be harder for some people to understand, but I've played other RTS games. And see you learn things from playing other games as well, because believe it or not COH is not some alien game, it does share lots of similarities with other games.

Also pastasauce its a good idea to link your own account or show some stats when making claims that someone elses experience is irrelevant. Helps give some credibility to the statement. And also if it took you 1200 hours to be a good player, then good for you, I've been a good player since hour 1 of playing COH2.
4 Nov 2015, 23:08 PM

This is no surprise ,which is why i have stopped 2 vs 2 for a while too.Main problem is the helplessness you feel if allied player plays to the meta and makes minimal mistakes.

British are upgraded version of wehrmacht -better in every way.

And OKW is dead faction.There is no longer even a justification left for its penalties.They are imposed because of 'theme'.

So what is axis left with?
4 Nov 2015, 23:26 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

I think 2v2 balance is the worst I have seen since i begun playing this game ( since like January of this year ).

Allies are zombie brainless mode atm in team games. ( my opinion ofc).

Doesn't help that there are few relatively balanced 2v2 maps on top of the faction balance issues.
4 Nov 2015, 23:46 PM

Do think that these win rates are all wacky because all the OKW were trying out the new doctrine that horribly sucks and the USF playing the New commander at is absolutely superior?
4 Nov 2015, 23:51 PM

The balance in 2v2 at the moment is the worst it has ever been, by a long shot. Germans have zero answer to any skilled British players, their snipers are borderline invincible. Match those snipers with US riflemen and the game is just hopeless. I've played roughly 10 2v2 games as axis in the last 2-3 days and haven't managed to win out a single game. Admittedly, I'm no pro, but I do have 700 hours in the game and an equal amount in the first CoH, and consider myself a fairly competent player.

Something needs to change, and I'm not touching axis again until it does.

Did you spam ISGs last patch? If so, reap what you sow.
4 Nov 2015, 23:56 PM

Do think that these win rates are all wacky because all the OKW were trying out the new doctrine that horribly sucks and the USF playing the New commander at is absolutely superior?

Yeah sure, every single top 150 okw and ost player were trying out the new commander.
5 Nov 2015, 00:03 AM

ummmm im sorry but 700 hours is not a lot, reach around 1200 hours and you can consider yourself an experienced player, all i can say is stop playing axis like you were used to. adapt , or find yourself a good player mate.

Hours are meaningless.

I've played maybe ~2000 hours of Dawn of War 2 collectively over the last six years and the guy I play 1v1 against where we go back and forth on who wins and is top level 1v1 play is at 10,226 hours total. Fairly equal in skill level, but he dwarfs me in sheer hours played.

Likewise, there's a lot of players who have double, triple or way way more hours that still play like mid level players.

It's all about how you use it.

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 22:52 PMhubewa

Name one occupation where 700 hours is "not enough experience". 700 hrs is more than a month straight of playing if you played 24 hrs a day.

Actually the common metric is it takes 10,000 hours to be an expert.

700 hours is only 17.5 weeks of work. Someone who has only worked ~4.4 months at a job is hardly what I would call experienced.
5 Nov 2015, 00:06 AM
Patrion 14

At least part of this is due to ELO inflation of the LeiG meta.

That doesn't make it right, I know. Just saying. Grit your teeth, smoke and flank, and wait for better days, soldier.
5 Nov 2015, 00:19 AM

Actually the common metric is it takes 10,000 hours to be an expert.

700 hours is only 17.5 weeks of work. Someone who has only worked ~4.4 months at a job is hardly what I would call experienced.

Fair enough, but when it comes to gaming, esp non professional 700 hrs is a lot.

None of the CoH2 players here are professional - they can't make a living out of CoH2.
5 Nov 2015, 00:23 AM

At least part of this is due to ELO inflation of the LeiG meta.

That doesn't make it right, I know. Just saying. Grit your teeth, smoke and flank, and wait for better days, soldier.

Whats not right about it? People who spam op-units and think they are good and then lose everything are so fun. I bet the rage can make some of them quit the game. :clap:
5 Nov 2015, 00:33 AM

Did you spam ISGs last patch? If so, reap what you sow.

Didn't bother making more then 1 of them most games, sometimes 2 in 4v4. They were so OP that I didn't want to adjust my strategy towards them just to have it nerfed into the ground.
5 Nov 2015, 01:22 AM

i dont know, i need help right now as Axis,
5 Nov 2015, 02:44 AM

This is correct, 700 hours is a long time. Also keep in mind, and I know this may be harder for some people to understand, but I've played other RTS games. And see you learn things from playing other games as well, because believe it or not COH is not some alien game, it does share lots of similarities with other games.

Also pastasauce its a good idea to link your own account or show some stats when making claims that someone elses experience is irrelevant. Helps give some credibility to the statement. And also if it took you 1200 hours to be a good player, then good for you, I've been a good player since hour 1 of playing COH2.

and its a good idea to put a replay to show why u so butthurt with your 10 games losses and yet i dont see a player card linked to your account. COh2 is maybe similar to other rts games but the 2v2 arena is really competitive and gives no room to mistakes,(like letting ur ally get double becuz u were too occupied looking at your own stuff) im teling u that bcuz i understood many things in my 1900 total hours of coh2, every player ive seen derping around and messin up like noobs, i chek their account and they not even have 900 hours, it means it takes a lot of training at this game to actually be able to stand vs Veteran players like i assume it happened to u to face them and not having a clue to what to do.
5 Nov 2015, 02:47 AM

Hours are meaningless.

I've played maybe ~2000 hours of Dawn of War 2 collectively over the last six years and the guy I play 1v1 against where we go back and forth on who wins and is top level 1v1 play is at 10,226 hours total. Fairly equal in skill level, but he dwarfs me in sheer hours played.

Likewise, there's a lot of players who have double, triple or way way more hours that still play like mid level players.

It's all about how you use it.

i agree with you, most good players can have a "bad day" but im just pissed ppl complain about something and wait that relic changes something before checking if they doing something wrong.i just want ppl to understand better what involves being a good player. ( and im not talking about meta abusing)

5 Nov 2015, 03:18 AM

Pretty much this.
5 Nov 2015, 06:38 AM

i agree with you, most good players can have a "bad day" but im just pissed ppl complain about something and wait that relic changes something before checking if they doing something wrong.i just want ppl to understand better what involves being a good player. ( and im not talking about meta abusing)

I absolutely agree with you. I think a lot of people have the wrong attitude calling for buffs or nerfs rather than trying to play better.

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 00:19 AMhubewa

Fair enough, but when it comes to gaming, esp non professional 700 hrs is a lot.

None of the CoH2 players here are professional - they can't make a living out of CoH2.

It's not insignificant, but I don't think having a lot of hours says much in regards to skill or experience.
5 Nov 2015, 08:23 AM

I absolutely agree with you. I think a lot of people have the wrong attitude calling for buffs or nerfs rather than trying to play better.

Play better how?How do u make volks stop rifle terminators?Why don't you show them how to win with OKW vs usf regularly.
5 Nov 2015, 08:35 AM

Honestly playing axis right now gives my more pleasure than if was before patch. Centaur doesn't wipe all my infantry anymore, croc doesn't wipe whole pak wall in 1 sec, pak howi doesn't kill all my infantry before even face the enemy.

I don't mean everything is fine, there is still a plenty things to balance ( like for example: 280MP for British AT gun which has features like axis one and cost 40MP less ).

Guys but most of all there is counter to everything, the key is to find it and use it correctly.
5 Nov 2015, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 08:35 AMStark
Honestly playing axis right now gives my more pleasure than if was before patch. Centaur doesn't wipe all my infantry anymore, croc doesn't wipe whole pak wall in 1 sec, pak howi doesn't kill all my infantry before even face the enemy.

I don't mean everything is fine, there is still a plenty things to balance ( like for example: 280MP for British AT gun which has features like axis one and cost 40MP less ).

Guys but most of all there is counter to everything, the key is to find it and use it correctly.

There is no cost-effective counter to allied infantry blobs,no amount of romanticism will change this fact.
5 Nov 2015, 08:40 AM

2v2 right now is fairly unbalanced but the fun part is that once you counter the US blobs they're 99% dead, there's no coming back from it since A LOT of the "High rank" allied 2v2 players just know how to blob and umm.... Blob?
For the most part OKW is pretty bad, you can't really carry games with them, but for ostheer you can carry the game pretty easily imo, double sniper to get the bleed going for US/UK and 3-4 lmg grens to help stopping the blob and getting a late game tiger helps, also using some of the "bad" off map artys works well since almost all of the usf blobbers are brain dead and don't know how to dodge bombings, I've had multiple games in the last week where I've killed 2-3 rifle squads with fragmentation bombing against players who were rank ~500...

But for the most part, double okw is going to get rekt almost always, don't even try to make that work, if you do make that work.... Call me...
But Osth/Osth or okw/osth works ok-ish this patch as long as both of the players know exactly what they're doing
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 39
Germany 26
United States 25
Germany 34
unknown 33
Peru 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W