Login

russian armor

Centaur

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
4 Nov 2015, 04:03 AM

the centaur should be better, it's more expensive than the ostwind.

yes, 40 mp matter. Either buff the centaur's speed or lower the cost of the centaur.

A fast moving tank which has powfull AI capability and medium tank armor(160/80)? No... You know the pens of Pz4 maingun right? It's 100/110/120. And the target size of the Centaur is 18, as same as the M3 scout car/222 scout car. Giving it fast speed will make it much harder to hit. That will make this unit totally overperforming.
Hat
4 Nov 2015, 04:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 07:44 AMatouba

Agreed.Both the Centaur and Ostwind should cost 80 fuel. Reduced cost should make them more attractive.

That would unbalanced.
4 Nov 2015, 06:16 AM

first of all, the centaur is still more expensive than the ostwind by 40 mp. 40 mp is big enough to be important. This mean that the centaur should be superior to the ostwind.

can we apply that logic to the pak/6pdr too? :foreveralone:
4 Nov 2015, 06:28 AM

NO NO FACTION DESIGN IS DIFFERENT NO NO :snfCHVGame:

But seriously, considering its time of arrival, target size and damage I would say it;s fine. You can't just YOLO with it, Ostwind is faster because you have to break the line with it or flank enemy position. Centaur is just not made for that. It's a great support platform and it's vet1 is also good.
4 Nov 2015, 06:56 AM

to quote myself:

the 6pounder is cheaper. if it's to be a direct clone then it needs to cost the same.

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 04:03 AMatouba

A fast moving tank which has powfull AI capability and medium tank armor(160/80)? No... You know the pens of Pz4 maingun right? It's 100/110/120. And the target size of the Centaur is 18, as same as the M3 scout car/222 scout car. Giving it fast speed will make it much harder to hit. That will make this unit totally overperforming.

nope. i'm sorry but 10-15 second longer wait does not warrant a straight up buff to a unit that is perfectly fine. especially since the IS reinforcement cost was reduced as well.

it is a matter of fact that the ostwind is faster while the centuar have better armor and smaller size.

The last remaining important question is the firepower of the two vehicles. Assuming they kill infantry at the same rate then the centuar need a buff in its speed.
4 Nov 2015, 08:53 AM

it is a matter of fact that the ostwind is faster while the centuar have better armor and smaller size.

The last remaining important question is the firepower of the two vehicles. Assuming they kill infantry at the same rate then the centuar need a buff in its speed.

Again: Nope. The unit is not underperforming. If you try comparing costs vs. stats, then Ostheer Grenadiers should probably cost like 100MP per squad. The unit is fine and buffing it just because it got nerfed last patch is nonsensical (and, by the way, with the same logic pretty much all axis heavies need a price reduction because the churchill is so cheap).
4 Nov 2015, 09:03 AM

*cough* perfect accuracy stun shot *cough*

Some new feedback: Centaur is really good at killing loitering skillplanes, which proves the point that it performs its intended role. I just wish it could effectively kite schreck blobs, which could be achieved with extra range and/or speed.
4 Nov 2015, 09:15 AM

I think the only thing that maybe can use a buff is the speed. The rest is absolutely fine.
Yeah if you rush it like before, you might get dissapointed that it does not tear up infantry like before. But we don't need a tank that does that. I think it's a moderate, good counter against infantry.

It's ok.

It's fine.

It still does great damage to infantry and light vehicles. Can even do some damage to medium vehicles.

The decision between Cromwell/Centaur is still a very valid one.

For once I agree with Dullahan.
4 Nov 2015, 09:23 AM

Seeing it in action post patch I believe its fine.
4 Nov 2015, 09:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 09:03 AMMuxsus

*cough* perfect accuracy stun shot *cough*

Some new feedback: Centaur is really good at killing loitering skillplanes, which proves the point that it performs its intended role. I just wish it could effectively kite schreck blobs, which could be achieved with extra range and/or speed.

*cought* centaur does 2x the damage of ostwind *cought*
JLI
4 Nov 2015, 10:16 AM

patched centaur works ok for me, fine damage
4 Nov 2015, 10:38 AM

Centaur is a bag of jizz now.
4 Nov 2015, 10:54 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I've had no issues with the centaur as of yet. I bring it out a bit later on in the game now (20minutes~) in order to stop JU-87's raining havok down on me and cover a VP alongside infantry. It's still an incredibly effective Anti-Air unit and worth it's cost in that respect for shutting down Lightning war play. The quick veterancy it gains from destroying planes makes it quite deadly I find. If the opponent isn't using a doctrine with Air Support I haven't found reason to use it yet.

Rushing Centaur I can see being a pretty bad idea though now as I don't feel it holds any mid game weight anymore. That whole Aimstrong strategy doesn't feel good now.
4 Nov 2015, 17:56 PM

Personally I would like to see a *slight* damage increase (say from 14 to 16), with it being slower than the Ostwind but tougher and having more impact when it does hit.
However, being slower than the Tiger doesn't really make any sense but I think the Ostwind should still be faster.
4 Nov 2015, 18:00 PM

I've had no issues with the centaur as of yet. I bring it out a bit later on in the game now (20minutes~) in order to stop JU-87's raining havok down on me and cover a VP alongside infantry. It's still an incredibly effective Anti-Air unit and worth it's cost in that respect for shutting down Lightning war play. The quick veterancy it gains from destroying planes makes it quite deadly I find. If the opponent isn't using a doctrine with Air Support I haven't found reason to use it yet.

Rushing Centaur I can see being a pretty bad idea though now as I don't feel it holds any mid game weight anymore. That whole Aimstrong strategy doesn't feel good now.

Agreed. It's mandatory for Brit to keep one at all times in 3's and 4's because one of the Ostheer will certainly have some form
Of plane off map. Also, it's quality armor means enemy mediums like PIV G and J will often bounce so they are very hardy units provided you don't YOLO enemy AT walls and such.
4 Nov 2015, 18:27 PM

*cought* centaur does 2x the damage of ostwind *cought*

Centaur:
-better damage vs infantry in the open
-better anti-air
-better armor

Ostwind:
-better mobility
-better damage vs infantry in cover and garrison due to aoe
-better anti-vehicle (I think?)

They have their ups and downs, but I don't think that just saying something about 2x damage covers it.
4 Nov 2015, 20:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 18:27 PMMuxsus

Centaur:
-better anti-air
-better armor

Ostwind:
-better mobility

They have their ups and downs, but I don't think that just saying something about 2x damage covers it.

everything is correct except vs vehicles....Centaurs flanking a P4 can sometimes win heads up. Ost Flakpanzer can't do that to cromwell (chosen as similar to P4)
4 Nov 2015, 20:49 PM

Months of OPuse, one day without op Brit Lovers start to cry a river :megusta: but i have to agree that this unit is maybe a bit weak now :o
6 Nov 2015, 07:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 18:27 PMMuxsus

Centaur:
-better anti-air
-better armor

Ostwind:
-better mobility

Better armor but against Axis AT that armor is like wet tissue, shreck goes through it like a butter.
6 Nov 2015, 19:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 09:19 AMRomeo

The ostwind has much better mobility though, which is pretty important.

HOW DARE the Axis have anything over the allies.

This thread is a joke.
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight