Login

russian armor

Centaur

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
3 Nov 2015, 10:57 AM

Supression is a verry bad idea. Such units would own infantry as hell. No.

Agreed. We already have learned what long range 360 noscope mobile suppression platform (M17) can do.
3 Nov 2015, 13:51 PM

Cost needs to be reduced that's about it.
3 Nov 2015, 14:52 PM
Donator 11

Centaur should have a reuduction in cost, I think 80 fuel is right with their current level of performance.

Eh, that would make it come out almost a minute faster. It already comes out at an extremely fast 11-12 minutes. You would have to make T3 more expensive.
3 Nov 2015, 15:02 PM

Damage wise is fine, buff the speed sightly also whats it's hp compared to the ostwind?
3 Nov 2015, 15:16 PM

I think the centaur is fine in terms of DPS, just need a buff in mobility.
3 Nov 2015, 15:21 PM

Damage output is ok, especialy if you use the vet1-ability.
The lack of mobility makes it kind of worthless.
3 Nov 2015, 15:35 PM
Donator 11

Yeah, the lack of mobility is the real problem but it is also the defining feature of the unit. It was designed as a hard hitting unit but the one that cannot run away if cought out of position. You can compare it to the ostwind that can kite, circle and run if needed as opposite design idea. That means centaur got its field damage overnerfed, it should be more like in the middle of old and current value.
3 Nov 2015, 15:37 PM

I think the centaur is fine in terms of DPS, just need a buff in mobility.

indeed, dps is ok but the mobility is...is...horrible

and suppression is another horrible idea
3 Nov 2015, 15:49 PM

increase its speed, it moves like a heavy tank which is pretty stupid cuz its using the medium tank chassis with a even lighter turret.
3 Nov 2015, 16:03 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 15:49 PMUGBEAR
increase its speed, it moves like a heavy tank which is pretty stupid cuz its using the medium tank chassis with a even lighter turret.

Relic designed every unit with one historically acurate feature in mind that defines the unit, then they think of other stats to make it more or less ballance. In this case this one defining feature is speed as centaurs were basically comets with underwhelming crusarder engine. Crusarder is way lighter tank you know and the engine was the same.

Also if you dont like even such a basic historical argument then lets say it would be just a boring ostwind copypasta without any special feature if you just buff the speed. Basically this is that one little thing that cannot be changed, move on to other ideas to improve the unit.
3 Nov 2015, 16:11 PM

Relic designed every unit with one historically acurate feature in mind that defines the unit, then they think of other stats to make it more or less ballance. In this case this one defining feature is speed as centaurs were basically comets with underwhelming crusarder engine. Crusarder is way lighter tank you know and the engine was the same.

Also if you dont like even such a basic historical argument then lets say it would be just a boring ostwind copypasta without any special feature if you just buff the speed. Basically this is that one little thing that cannot be changed, move on to other ideas to improve the unit.

It sucks right now, no hard feelings, save the money and get a fast cromwell or a Churchill is much safer way to go.
3 Nov 2015, 16:16 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 16:11 PMUGBEAR

It sucks right now, no hard feelings, save the money and get a fast cromwell or a Churchill is much safer way to go.

I agree it sucks, I think it should either get damage value between the old and new one or its cost should be changed to 90 fuel. Ostwind could use the the 10 fuel price reduction too.
3 Nov 2015, 16:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2015, 05:52 AMRomeo
The centaur seems really bad to me now. I have had no success with this unit at all since the nerf. I think the nerf was justified, especially against units in buildings. However, with its reduced DPS and extremely slow speed it seems completely pointless to get this unit when for just 20 mp more and 10 fuel more you could get the extremely capable and versatile cromwell. What do you guys think?

I've only played a few games since the patch but have not been able to use this unit effectively. It can really struggle to get mg's out of buildings now. It went from wiping them before they had a chance to retreat straight to being really bad at clearing buildings. It still seems okay versus infantry in the open but combining the slow speed with the damage nerf makes it underwhelming. It's really vulnerable to faust + pak 40, and somewhat vulnerable to shrek blob.
3 Nov 2015, 16:37 PM

still good in my eyes, nothing need to be changed.
3 Nov 2015, 19:00 PM

It's ok, really. The only thing to change would be the vet1 barrage not being able to fire on them move which is kinda lame. Also maybe a bit more range to counter Schreck blobs?
3 Nov 2015, 19:01 PM

If you possibly think this unit needs any Buff it's because your used to abusing it and having a "click to win" unit. Let's compare to other AA units shale we? Because IT IS an AA unit (support). First it out classes US and SU AA in terms of armour and killing power, it is more accurate then the OH AA tank. And I would even like to say has more armour then the OH tank. Has more armour then the OKW AA, but I would say less killing power, then again doesn't require setup time. So no romeo does not need buff. It's fine where its at..
3 Nov 2015, 19:04 PM

Don't think your gonna have this tank be a one unit army again that doesn't require support or skill to use. Sorry that an AT gun is a threat again as well as a gren being able to have a chance to faust it.
3 Nov 2015, 23:06 PM

historical fact run second to balance and design.

its current speed severely limit it survivability and the unit's usefulness.

beside, the centuar was slow for a british tank, but its liberty engine was still more powerful than the maybach used on the panzer4/ostwind. If we are going into reliability, it is going to open a whole new can of worm for the tiger and panther as well.

At least give the centaur similar speed as the ostwind/p4.

If you possibly think this unit needs any Buff it's because your used to abusing it and having a "click to win" unit. Let's compare to other AA units shale we? Because IT IS an AA unit (support). First it out classes US and SU AA in terms of armour and killing power, it is more accurate then the OH AA tank. And I would even like to say has more armour then the OH tank. Has more armour then the OKW AA, but I would say less killing power, then again doesn't require setup time. So no romeo does not need buff. It's fine where its at..

the thing is slower than a tiger. It can't run away from anything except for the super slow king tiger. If it doesn't have its overpowering dps then it needs the mobility to escape.
3 Nov 2015, 23:26 PM

Permanently Banned
It could certainly do with a speed increase, but must not see a increased accuracy whilst moving when said speed increase is implemented. People that want it to be 80 fuel must also realize that the Ostwind needs to be 80 fuel then as well.

While we're at it, Ostheer p4 needs either a penetration buff, or a cost decrease. The thing is underperforming for its cost.
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS