Login

russian armor

Abandoned Custom Commander Screenshot

1 Nov 2015, 19:20 PM

Would be cool to have this.
1 Nov 2015, 19:22 PM

Shame we won't see this. This could be amazing feature.

Of course there wouldnt be place for such commander like aboves, why? Becasue custom commaders should be limited with CP for example.

30CP to spent.
JU - 12.
Tiger - 13

And voila, you have spent 25 point and still need 3 abilities.
With such design NONE commander you listed above would take place.
Such limit wouldnt bring OP commander. Such commander wouldnt even be better that stock ones, but they would be like a breath of fresh air with so many fancy, hipsters commanders.
1 Nov 2015, 19:49 PM

Isn't this still under NDA? Especially since it's not even released or announced.

EDIT: while it allows for interesting combos, I foresee people making 1000 posts asking what's the best commander combo and everyone goes same full meta. Plus a nightmare to balance. Interesting idea though and I'm glad they considered it.
1 Nov 2015, 20:09 PM

What people forget is the way Relic is gonna make money off of it! It would probably have been sold in booster packs, with 1 rare or super rare ability and the rest commons and uncommons, as in a trading card game!
That way we wouldnt end up in meta commanders because only few would be able to afford that shit! Also, it would make super rare abilitys aka pershing something special..!
But fuck dat balance or fairness ;)
1 Nov 2015, 20:18 PM

Doesn't sound that completely bad. Yeah, there would be UberOP-Metabreaking-Supersassyshitlord combos, but I highly doubt this would be allowed in Automatch.
It would probably clear out your loadout slots if you were to use one, similar to custom skin/victory strike slots being cleared when you start an automatch, no?

P.S. There would be keks
Many, many keks... who wouldn't want that? ;)
1 Nov 2015, 21:56 PM

You would give abilities a point value, max 100 points per commander. You could have discounts for having sets of abilities-say Stuka Dive Bomb is normally 35, and recon is normally 20- you could a tactical combination or something that lowers the price of each if you have both in one commander from 55 to 40, or something.

1 Nov 2015, 22:10 PM

It's fake you morons
1 Nov 2015, 22:14 PM

Isn't this still under NDA? Especially since it's not even released or announced.

Also, this.
1 Nov 2015, 23:16 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Not sure if face or not. But if it was abandoned I am seriously disappointed in Relic. I have been wanting the ability to create custom commanders for a long time.
2 Nov 2015, 04:14 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Of course there wouldnt be place for such commander like aboves, why? Becasue custom commaders should be limited with CP for example.

30CP to spent.
JU - 12.
Tiger - 13

Such limit wouldnt bring OP commander. Such commander wouldnt even be better that stock ones, but they would be like a breath of fresh air with so many fancy, hipsters commanders.

0CP Field Defenses
0CP Elite Rifleman
3CP Flamethrowers
6CP White Phosphorous barrage
8CP M10 Tank destroyer

17CP combo

CP limitation is a bad idea. It's not about power rather than timing.
2 Nov 2015, 04:20 AM

Always though they should have done something like this. No reason why it couldn't be balanced

Instead of paying for commanders you could unlock new abilities with experience or pay money to buy experience

Would have to have a lot more useful abilities though
2 Nov 2015, 04:42 AM
Patrion 14

Anyone who thinks that custom commanders would be released without some ways to limit ability combinations really, really needs to get their head checked.

It's comparable to saying "hey guys, this faction can build Panthers, Jagdpanzers and Kingtigers nondoctrinally, AND have a Jagdtiger call-in. How will I deal with all those heavy tanks on the field at once???"

Btw some leaked strings from 3 patches ago imply abilities for customs would come from a separate, limited pool, where none were gamebreaking.

Also how do we know this was abandoned and where does this image come from?
2 Nov 2015, 06:57 AM

0CP Field Defenses
0CP Elite Rifleman
3CP Flamethrowers
6CP White Phosphorous barrage
8CP M10 Tank destroyer

17CP combo

CP limitation is a bad idea. It's not about power rather than timing.

And honestly, I don't think this would be OP. We already have Elite Rifle :p

But second option is to give each ability status, like basic, uncommon, rare, super rare etc.
In that case you could use 2 rare per commander or 1 super rare.
The only thing is, which abilities should be rare.
2 Nov 2015, 09:44 AM

Sorry, but I think this is completely fake.

First, if somebody access the game file, the ability for custom commander is not the same with current ones. They are DIFFERENT SETS.

Second, chance is there is player who have collected information like me, would recognize the great mistake: Custom commander require 5 abilities, from common, uncommon, rare, epic and 1 RANDOM ability.

Edit: Ah sorry, so it was alpha
2 Nov 2015, 10:25 AM

If they ever introduce custom commanders I'll drop this game. It can not be balanced, certain abilities, even low cp abilities are just too strong combined with each other.
2 Nov 2015, 16:46 PM

30CP to spent.
JU - 12.
Tiger - 13

USA:
riflemen flamers 3CP
m10 - 8 CP
Easy 8 - 0 CP
Thunderball - 12 CP
Withdraw and refit 2 CP

Less than 30 CP but it will be OP as hell due rifle flames and sitting on heavy early game vehicles while getting strongest mid and late game tanks + airstrike in the end

OKW:
Panzerfussiliers 2CP
Oswind 8CP
Pak43 8CP
Sturmpionner flamer 1CP
Command panther (if he is 10 CP , if he is not 10 or 11 CP replace it with mg34)

British:
No need they have vanguard :snfPeter:

Ostheer:
Smoke 2 CP
Tiger 13 CP
Stug E 7 CP
Fuel to munny transfer 3 CP
Puma 5 CP
:foreveralone:

Russians
Guards/dushka
Shocks 2 CP
Cosncript PTRS 3CP
IS2 13 CP
USA sherman 10 CP

:luvDerp:

So no this wont work.

Maybe i can create even more powerful combinations if i ve had time
2 Nov 2015, 16:52 PM

that's why there is second way, by giving a status to each ability like basic, common, uncommon, rare. Make each commander able to hold 1 rare 2 commons and 2 basic or 2 uncommons, 1 common, 2 basic.
Next step would be to put uncommon status on each useful abilities like call ins, converting resources etc and there you go.

Want to uncommon like Flamethrower and Elite Rifles? Sure butyou won't be able to get any call ins or doctrinal vehicles. etc etc I guess its better solution than CPs.
Not a chance to overrun such design :P
2 Nov 2015, 17:16 PM

Or what about make it as it is and dont think what is not broken ?
People will always find to abuse some broken combos
2 Nov 2015, 17:21 PM

Or what about make it as it is and dont think what is not broken ?
People will always find to abuse some broken combos

Well, I just dream of making doctrine with KV2 which would be helpful, instead of taking away all MP :P
2 Nov 2015, 23:36 PM
Patrion 14

I have to repeat myself since people still don't get it. Anyone who thinks that custom commanders would be released without some ways to limit ability combinations really, really needs to get their head checked.

And no, it wouldn't be just CP based, that would be daft. Rarity is one possible candidates but there are so many ways to go about this that it is trivial to design a system that will be guaranteed to NOT result in more impact than certain commanders already have on the meta.

Are you guys honestly saying that there would be a possibility for imbalanced doctrines? THEY ARE ALREADY INSANELY IMBALANCED BETWEEN EACH OTHER! Rifle company / Recon Support? Shock Rifle Frontline vs Defensive? The only reason people aren't up in arms over that is that each faction has enough affordable quality commanders that it doesn't matter the other 80% are shite.

If you guys are concerned about single-commander meta I'd like to say we are pretty much already living in a very limited meta. Roughly 80% of OCF Wehr play was Mechanized Assault and the other 80% would've been Rifle company if they hadn't been banned.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 36
Russian Federation 23
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak