Login

russian armor

COH2 player base

1 Nov 2015, 13:21 PM

COH 1 sold a lot more copies than COH 2 did.

Your source please.
1 Nov 2015, 13:21 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Dear All

Firstly I am drunk I have just got back from watching the rugby finals which means I have been drinking beer for a good 11 hours :)

Corporate jolly, eh? Nice work.;)

When you have recovered, you can start another thread in the Scrap Yard, discussing what went wrong with England and its coaching staff. :D

Haha I used to play rugby :) But now I am too old lol

Since I have seen TV excerpts of vet Rugby played by a 90 year old, you must be really old! :P

Back to topic.
1 Nov 2015, 13:35 PM
Patrion 14

I can't play this game for hours straight. Mostly I just watch a couple of games and start up CoH2 to play a 2 or 3 games.

The bugs are just annoying. Mostly when I get the War Spoil bug I just quit the game and stop playing for the day and watch some streams. The game is awesome, but the bugs ruin the fun.
1 Nov 2015, 13:43 PM

Don't have the internet, time or computer to play this game properly so I focus on the community side. When I can play it I really go for it though.
1 Nov 2015, 13:45 PM

I'm happy with 100-200 people playing 1v1 automatch, to be honest. Anything more than that is enough for me.

The genre is in a state of relative unpopularity thanks to moba's, so it's not really a reflection of COH2's quality that it has less people than CoH1 when every RTS released in the last ~5 years has had troubles getting a sizable playerbase. (Even SC2 is struggling these days.)
1 Nov 2015, 13:47 PM

I can't play this game for hours straight. Mostly I just watch a couple of games and start up CoH2 to play a 2 or 3 games.

The bugs are just annoying. Mostly when I get the War Spoil bug I just quit the game and stop playing for the day and watch some streams. The game is awesome, but the bugs ruin the fun.

I totally get what you're saying but unlike you, I first watch a couple of games then I'm like "What the hell is this I'm not gonna endure this level of frustration" and I quit the game and play something else.

PS: Thank god for GearBox and their new game. I was lucky enough to get my hands on their close beta. I haven't played CoH2 in days now.
1 Nov 2015, 14:04 PM

For me it has a lot todo with the unpredictable length of a match.
I mean you can win/lose a match in 15-20 minutes or it can go on for more then an hour. My longest 1vs1 was about 1,5hours.
Most of the time, if you have even the slightest reallife, you cant concentrate fully on the game -wife, children,cats, dogs, phone or doorbell- gg wp.

So watching a stream is just something that is easier todo and can be entertaining.

In the case of the Forumwarriors, I think most of them don´t play at all, very rarely or play teamgames sitting "behind" their teams and looking out for "op-things" of their most hated faction.
Also you can read a lot of theorycrafting, "in a vacuum" arguments, or "thought out anecdotal evidence" from them, while actual players mostly (not always) see a bigger picture and/or their own mistakes, if they are not totaly new to this game.
1 Nov 2015, 14:07 PM

I'm happy with 100-200 people playing 1v1 automatch, to be honest. Anything more than that is enough for me.

The genre is in a state of relative unpopularity thanks to moba's, so it's not really a reflection of COH2's quality that it has less people than CoH1 when every RTS released in the last ~5 years has had troubles getting a sizable playerbase. (Even SC2 is struggling these days.)

MOBA make me yawn these days, cause of RTS..i love RTS, moba gaming control 1 unit, yet ppl flame like they controling 5 cons with 2 t70 n 2 AT to kill 1 tiger.

map awareness on MOBA is too easy compare to RTS map awareness, soo yeah..
1 Nov 2015, 14:36 PM
Senior Caster Badge

A lot of people just get shitmad when all their shit gets wiped in a few seconds, totally kills the fun out of the game for them. Also coh2 is hard to learn as in mapread, what unit counters which, how to really use a unit. Simply saying that a sniper counters riflemen as ostheher, well sure it bleeds them, but it is how you use this sniper WITH your other army.

Another problem is definatly the micromanagement. Relic makes it extremly hard for players, because they cant put their hotkeys how the want it. Which is utterly retarded in my opinion. If that would be implemented in the game and lets say people can use WASD as camera move like in FPS-Games and have grenade on F and vehicle reverse on Q it would make it much easier for them to react and to see success in trying and maybe succeeding in retreating a tank without losing all your other units.

One guy in the forumsm said it is not worth it to invest time in this game to get good. And he is right. Because relic doesnt give you the chance to become good in your OWN way, only in the way they give you. Compared to the one and only eSports game that keeps themselves up, you have the choice to set up how you aim etc, adjust your crosshair to your preferences. Thats what is definatly missing in this game.
1 Nov 2015, 14:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2015, 14:36 PMd0ggY
Another problem is definatly the micromanagement. Relic makes it extremly hard for players, because they cant put their hotkeys how the want it. Which is utterly retarded in my opinion. If that would be implemented in the game and lets say people can use WASD as camera move like in FPS-Games and have grenade on F and vehicle reverse on Q it would make it much easier for them to react and to see success in trying and maybe succeeding in retreating a tank without losing all your other units.

And this is why, unfortunately, you have to use programs like AutoHotkey.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 23:19 PMCieZ
My quick two cents.

A lot of people enjoy watching streams over playing because it is a lot less effort for potentially more entertainment to watch a stream versus playing a game like CoH 2.

There are days that I come home from work and don't have the energy to put towards serious practice or 1v1 laddering, but it is still nice to turn on a stream to see what's up.

I could also see it having to do with people being scared to play. Most people are scared to lose so they'd rather sit around on forums or in streams trying to prove themselves superior rather than just playing the game and letting their actions speak.

Basically this.
3 Nov 2015, 00:25 AM

RNG is also a huge problem with this game. Given all the huge optimization issues this game has, the fact that they incorporated so many RNG elements and things that amplify them such as huge input delay, squads following squad leaders and responding slowly, insta squad wipes due to grenade crits and flame crits. It's ridiculous. The first game was not as bad. It's fun to watch in small doses but not at all rewarding because so many times they luckier player wins not necessarily the better player.
3 Nov 2015, 07:48 AM

This game is one of those games that you just hate with a wicked passion but you play it because you like certain aspects of it. Overall it's a broken mess but like 3 things about it are cool.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
United Kingdom 179
unknown 5
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %