Login

russian armor

USF anti-garrison capabilities

31 Oct 2015, 19:03 PM

Why in the hell does every faction has NON DOCTORINAL anti-building capabilities while USF don't, i mean yeah sure nades do some damage,but it ain't good enough,and i don't wanna keep wasting 30 muni for a grenade on a house.Yeah sure Rifle Company gives you flamers but i have to get rangers for AI and Jacksons for AT, maybe you're gonna say get a flamer with BAR that'll do you good, perhaps but what about Pershing or not having all that muni to spend on 1 squad and the guy just focuses on your flamer and... done! You are f*cked in the a** in maps like City 17 or La Glazie Breakout or... Semoskiy maps if the guy just MG spams, or stuff like that. I wanna know what can I do at this point.
31 Oct 2015, 19:08 PM
Patrion 14

It's the way relic designs the factions. OKW is missing an proper MG; USF is missing flamers; Soviets are missing proper core infantry and have to rely on doctrines; Prostheer has to play reactively but can start to snowball once they get their combined arms coming together; UKF lacks proper tools to deal with many situations early but becomes a monster late game.

The one thing I found useful is just putting mines near the doors of buildings if I have field defenses. Wipes squads often and only costs 30 munitions to bring down +200 manpower(+vet) worth of squads.
31 Oct 2015, 19:29 PM

It's the way relic designs the factions. OKW is missing an proper MG; USF is missing flamers; Soviets are missing proper core infantry and have to rely on doctrines; Prostheer has to play reactively but can start to snowball once they get their combined arms coming together; UKF lacks proper tools to deal with many situations early but becomes a monster late game.

The one thing I found useful is just putting mines near the doors of buildings if I have field defenses. Wipes squads often and only costs 30 munitions to bring down +200 manpower(+vet) worth of squads.

This is how i deal with Falls and JLI, one day a guy kept spawning in the same building and took mines after mines, after a triple wipe he flamed and rage quited :hansGASM::romeoHype:

The best way as USF to deal with anti-buildings early on is to rush the building, or putting a fire position in firing range of the building and put rear echelon on the position, they will fire grenades that rekt INF in buildings
31 Oct 2015, 19:36 PM

The US halftrack brings down houses pretty fast as for flamethrowers 3 out of 7 doctrines have flamethrowers, armor and mechanized and rifle.

OKW suffers from the same thing even more than US since the munitions are to precious to just be trowing around grenades all the time
31 Oct 2015, 19:56 PM

15 muni smoke blocks a building, preventing it from firing.
31 Oct 2015, 20:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 19:36 PMJZuna
The US halftrack brings down houses pretty fast as for flamethrowers 3 out of 7 doctrines have flamethrowers, armor and mechanized and rifle.

OKW suffers from the same thing even more than US since the munitions are to precious to just be trowing around grenades all the time

That's the problem i don't wanna go a doctrine just to counter the buildings, Relic should've put anti-inf,AT,building in every faction in every stage of the game,stupid of them
31 Oct 2015, 20:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 19:36 PMJZuna

What? Armour and Mechinized Company do not come with Flamethrowers. Only Rifle Company comes with Flamethrowers.
31 Oct 2015, 20:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

TIER

ZERO

MORTAR.

What? Armour and Mechinized Company do not come with Flamethrowers. Only Rifle Company comes with Flamethrowers.

They refer to the Assault Engineers the Companies can give you which may upgrade to flamethrowers.
31 Oct 2015, 21:02 PM
Patrion 28

assault engineers.

infantry flamers aren't effective at destroying building though, you need the dot from a heavy flamer.
31 Oct 2015, 21:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 20:14 PMVuther
TIER

ZERO

MORTAR.

Yes, but REs could use a flamer. I would like to give REs a no doc flamer and change the rifle flamer upgrade to the lmg rack unlock
31 Oct 2015, 21:42 PM

Houses aren't that great either and are usually easily flanked. Not that big of a deal either considering if blobs of rifles just ran around throwing molotov, it would make mgs pointless. You have smoke so use it wisely.
31 Oct 2015, 23:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 21:42 PMvarunax
Houses aren't that great either and are usually easily flanked. Not that big of a deal either considering if blobs of rifles just ran around throwing molotov, it would make mgs pointless. You have smoke so use it wisely.

Yeah? then what if there is a panzergrenadier in the house,are you gonna waste 60 muni because 1 nade isn't enough? Don't be ridiculous.
31 Oct 2015, 23:38 PM

why are you acting like heavy cav is the only viable doc to go for
1 Nov 2015, 00:02 AM

Yeah? then what if there is a panzergrenadier in the house,are you gonna waste 60 muni because 1 nade isn't enough? Don't be ridiculous.

You could just not attack it? You know for the same reason you don't run at units in green cover. A stuart, pak howitzer or aa haltrack also easily snipes out mgs as well. If youre really desperate then use the mortar halftrack. There are so many options.
1 Nov 2015, 08:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 20:14 PMVuther
TIER

ZERO

MORTAR.

The pack was good at smashing garrison before the nerf. Unfortunately the drop in dps make it weak against garrison, and the suppression effect is completely useless against garrisoned infantry.

The pack howitzer doesn't need the suppression in the first place. The LeiG get suppression because the Okw lack a non-doc mg. The USF have the .50cal.

The pack howitzer should had its suppression effect removed, but its reload and AOE unchanged. Right now it's kind of crap against garrison, leaving the USF without a long range garrison buster.
1 Nov 2015, 08:48 AM

why are you acting like heavy cav is the only viable doc to go for

No i don't i wish we had some NON-DOCTORINAL anti-garrison stuff for USF i usually don't pick doctrines until mid-late game,and if USF had some flamethrowers other than Rifle Company and Assault Engineers, not AA halftrack because i usually go Captain for late game AT, lieutenant is for finishing games early and your riflemen is good enough for AI at least that's what i think and i tried stuart against buildings it's the same result i try to engage houses at long range with riflemen but with the new MG suppression you even get suppressed in heavy cover..
1 Nov 2015, 15:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The pack was good at smashing garrison before the nerf. Unfortunately the drop in dps make it weak against garrison, and the suppression effect is completely useless against garrisoned infantry.

The pack howitzer doesn't need the suppression in the first place. The LeiG get suppression because the Okw lack a non-doc mg. The USF have the .50cal.

The pack howitzer should had its suppression effect removed, but its reload and AOE unchanged. Right now it's kind of crap against garrison, leaving the USF without a long range garrison buster.

I suggest the tier zero mortar solely for quickly getting garrisoned HMGs to piss off from important cutoffs. I'd say the stage of going Captain comfortably is a point where your munitions and fuel will give you access to some sort of tool to coax HMGs out of buildings, be it light vehicle, grenades or Pack Howi - so I'm just concerned with before that, when a player will be lacking munitions or fuel to get these things yet an HMG can still be camping a building on their cutoff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★