Login

russian armor

OKW Infantry versus American Infantry(Rifles)

2 Nov 2015, 08:19 AM

The kubel is unreliable for one very important reason: pathing. The terrible pathing makes that stupid unit ten times less effective than it could be. Every time you're shooting at a squad and it moves one inch, the kubel decides it wants to rotate even though it has no reason to, so it loses its suppression. Then whenever you want to escape a hairy situation, it wants to do loop de loops and wide arcs for turns, which usually gets it killed. >.>

I really wish the MG34 was just stock. It sucks anyway, so it's not like it would be "OP."
2 Nov 2015, 09:44 AM

I wish they give back the old volks. That one whit the big recieved accuration bonus at vet 4 and 5 instead of rof.
2 Nov 2015, 09:54 AM

that buff to the rifleman vet needs to be reverted. Right now The Axis infantry can barely threaten vet3 rifleman.

It's not like the US lack support weapons either. The .50cal and pack howitzer are both effective weapon. The sherman's HE round is also the best infantry muncher in the game.
2 Nov 2015, 12:10 PM

OKW needs better non-doctrinal infantry options to deal with vetted American infantry or Riflemen bonuses need to be toned down or a little bit of both.

That is what I've been saying from nearly 2 months now.

Volks can only win through attrition as they are nothing more than a walking Shrek and Incendiary platform. Even when vetted they still do poorly against American and British infantry who gain massive bonuses to their received accuracy that makes them near impossible to kill. Even when vetted, they still don't do enough and are worse meatshields as they only get 0.81 Received accuracy to protect themselves vs small-arms.

In addition, due to penalties, OKW is an infantry faction by excellence and relies more on infantry-type units than vehicles. And, as one of these guys said, volks are not a meatshield. They are the backbone. The backbone is shit, your army has a verry good chance to be weak.

-Tone down the Rifleman Vet 3 Received Accuracy to 15% from 20% so its 0.63 Recieved accuracy when at Vet 3 rather than 0.59. Not much but a smidge easier to hit.

I don't know, the problem is the volks performance, not necessarely the fact that rifles perform excellent nowadays.

-Give OKW a non-doctrinal MG either in the BGHQ or replace the Kubel. They need suppression to deal with blobs and they don't have snipers like Ostheer to inflict manpower bleed/win engagements. They have to toss infantry at the problem and fight head-on rather than relying on positional play of Ostheer.

Again, asked for this from nearly 2 months now, thank you for pointing this out.

-Slightly boost the Volks Received Accuracy. Not to Terminators, but maybe to 0.7-0.75 from 0.81 so they can meat shield for the elites better.

Yes, a valid solution also.

-Revamp the Volk Rifle so there is greater potential such as a slight damage increase so they require one less shot to drop a model. 12 damage from 10. DPS remains the same from the start, scales better in the end.

I don't know if this won't affect other axis infantry units also. They are the only ones using this rifle? I doubt.

tldr: OKW has a hell of a time fighting USF infantry. Critique suggestions at the bottom.

Feel ya on almost everything you said. The only way I could win these days with OKW is picking an MG34 doctrine, especialy because I use to play with an "on the field" med truck. If you don't set up some defenses in early - middle game, something to stop the attacking waves, you will be crushed and your med truck erased from the face of the earth. That is why I use only Luftwaffe and fortifications, they give me the chance to hold the line until I have enough power to push it myself. In the past, this could be achieved with or without MG34 but now without it it's impossible.
2 Nov 2015, 12:19 PM

Volks and Panzerfusiliers use the Volk rifle.
2 Nov 2015, 12:40 PM

Volks and Panzerfusiliers use the Volk rifle.

That's not true, they use different weapons
Check the link in my signature for more information
2 Nov 2015, 12:49 PM

I'd love to see a tone down in the vet bonusses of UKF/USF since those 2 infantry squads get insane receive accuracy bonusses which makes it that hard to fucking deal with them.
2 Nov 2015, 15:53 PM

I'm not saying you're advocating for normalized OKW income, I'm saying that multiplying OKW fuel costs by 1.3 is really silly. OKW get less income but have stronger map presence and can temporarily double their fuel income with resource conversion. A little bit of micromanagement with resource conversion and OKW actually have a resource advantage over other factions.

I'm multiplying them to show how much fuel other factions have in comparison. To enable a better comparison with other factions. Fuel is time.

For example: Its meaningless to compare okw pziv to ost p4 (for example) by saying ost piv is inferior. You have to factor in that OKW will save that 135 fuel in the same time ost will save 202 fuel. So in that sense, the balance is clearer.

By that same logic, luchs is horribly placed because it actually costs 10 more fuel to rush a jpiv. btw i didnt straight out multiply. I did deduct the 40 starting fuel arithmetically. Heres the math:

JPIV: Tech cost: 0 (starting 40 fuel) + Unit cost: 135*1.5 = 202.5 fuel.
Luchs: Tech cost : 80*1.5 (starting tier free, only T4 cost) + 50*1.5 = 195 fuel.
2 Nov 2015, 21:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2015, 15:53 PMJunaid
JPIV: Tech cost: 0 (starting 40 fuel) + Unit cost: 135*1.5 = 202.5 fuel.
Luchs: Tech cost : 80*1.5 (starting tier free, only T4 cost) + 50*1.5 = 195 fuel.

I've said this too many times, but i prefer to be more exact when talking about timings.

1- OKW gets the same base income as other factions.
2- This means that prior to getting a 50/50 map control, you are getting 100% to 72% of other factions fuel.
3- Even if you cap the whole map (10CP + 2fuels) you'll get around 69.5%

Regarding the P2, it needs it's DPS fixed to what it was before.
2 Nov 2015, 23:03 PM

That's not true, they use different weapons
Check the link in my signature for more information

Thanks, coh2stats really got updated. It's nice now.
3 Nov 2015, 00:41 AM
Patrion 28

Thanks, coh2stats really got updated. It's nice now.

different site, coh2-stats is still there
3 Nov 2015, 00:45 AM

I just can't be right, can I
3 Nov 2015, 00:50 AM

different site, coh2-stats is still there

Coh2-stats hasn't been updated in 5 months. The site I use has the most recent update included.
3 Nov 2015, 11:13 AM

Too bad it doesn't have the dps compare tool that coh2 stats had
4 Nov 2015, 00:54 AM
Patrion 28

Coh2-stats hasn't been updated in 5 months. The site I use has the most recent update included.

does stat.coh2.hu only show average pen? i couldn't find actually pen values listed.
4 Nov 2015, 01:19 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

does stat.coh2.hu only show average pen? i could find actually pen values listed.

That's all I'm seeing too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS