Login

russian armor

USF tank destroyers have wrong voice line

31 Oct 2015, 14:40 PM

When an M36 or an M10 come across infantry they say "Nail 'em with the MG!". But they have no MG.
31 Oct 2015, 14:42 PM

Loader forgot to take MG from supply yard MVGame
31 Oct 2015, 14:46 PM

Or how calling in a Perishing or Rangers says "A new unit has been called in". Like come on, you cant even make it unique or awesome?

Like RANGERS ON THE FIELD, or RANGERS LEAD THE WAY.

Same with Perishing.

AND ranger or perishing don't have uniquie lines they say. Shit ill take a copy and past from CoH1. Better than this.

I think Ranger as the same assault engs voices and the Perishing is same as Sherman.
31 Oct 2015, 16:15 PM
Donator 11

It gets worse. Both of the new off-map abilities use recycled lines. The smoke barrage gets referred to as "WP 110" - as in white phosphorous, which it isn't. And for the rocket barrage it will say "howitzers ready" even though rockets, hello?

And, for funzies, the Hetzer says it's upgrading with an MG42... but it actually gets an MG34 (both the model and help text agree on this).

Edit: vvvvvv Could not agree more!
31 Oct 2015, 16:20 PM

Or how calling in a Perishing or Rangers says "A new unit has been called in". Like come on, you cant even make it unique or awesome?

Like RANGERS ON THE FIELD, or RANGERS LEAD THE WAY.

Same with Perishing.

AND ranger or perishing don't have uniquie lines they say. Shit ill take a copy and past from CoH1. Better than this.

I think Ranger as the same assault engs voices and the Perishing is same as Sherman.

It gets worse. Both of the new off-map abilities use recycled lines. The smoke barrage gets referred to as "WP 110" - as in white phosphorous, which it isn't. And for the rocket barrage it will say "howitzers ready" even though rockets, hello?

And, for funzies, the Hetzer says it's upgrading with an MG42... but it actually gets an MG34 (both the model and help text agree on this).

Why are you surprised when even Obers have most basic lines? :snfPeter: Lelic needs to get their shit together and go to the VA studio once more.
31 Oct 2015, 16:48 PM
Donator 33

They should have hired Miragefla :P

Only Relic postRelic 2 Nov 2015, 18:13 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Added the M10 and M36 Speech line to our database. Thanks
2 Nov 2015, 18:17 PM

Why are you surprised when even Obers have most basic lines?

Obers have lines, but they call themselves Honor Guards. Relic changed the name but didn't have recordings for the new name, so they only use generic. Such a waste, they should just let them use the Honor Guard lines.
2 Nov 2015, 18:53 PM

Obers have lines, but they call themselves Honor Guards. Relic changed the name but didn't have recordings for the new name, so they only use generic. Such a waste, they should just let them use the Honor Guard lines.

Well I knew all of that, I was talking about the current state :snfPeter: this is why I want Relic to go back to the VA studio, I hope they'd get ze bad oberkommando announzer and ze obersoldaten voice actor and make them say missing lines :snfPeter:
2 Nov 2015, 19:01 PM

Exactly. These lines are/were superior in every way! Plus, every player who pays a little attention would understand that they are the ones who are being refered to as 'Honor Guard'. What's so wrong about having a unit named 'Obersoldaten' for the player, but having the german troops/announcer call them 'Honor Guard' - I don't get Relics weird logic in removing these perfectly fine (and MUCH better) voice lines for dubious reasons!

^^The voice lines I am talking about are the announcer lines when a Ober squad is finished, ofc. Right now it's a lame, generic ''Combat unit ready'' instead of the much more aggressive sounding, atmospheric and proud old announcement that stated sth about the 'Honor Guard' arriving... don't understand Relics decision at all in this particular case! Much better design decision would be to return to the old 'Honor Guard' announcer voice-line when Obers are finished.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★