Login

russian armor

Pershing feedback

PAGES (7)down
30 Oct 2015, 18:37 PM

I haven't been able to slug it out with a tiger or panther, but yesterday it was able to sit back and do some good squad wiping from far range with LOS support. Too early to tell tho.
30 Oct 2015, 19:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 08:01 AMvarunax
The combined arms ability actually makes the Pershing shoot slower at Vet 3. It also uses MG42 sounds when it should be using .30 cal machine gun sounds.

Other than that, it costs too much fuel for what it does. It's worse than a Tiger, but costs the exact same as a Tiger. IMO the fuel cost should be reduced to around 205. Which is in between a Panther and Tiger.

The saddest part of it all, is that this Pershing is actually weaker/worse than the Pershing in vCoH. The Pershing in vCoH could consistently win against a Tiger and even take on 2 Panthers at once. This Pershing can barely take on 1 Tiger depending on RNG and will lose to 2 Panthers.

It is not enough that Rifles walk over everything without any effort, no Pershing needs to be better then IS2. The nerve of you people...
30 Oct 2015, 19:59 PM

I have to say I like new Pershing and I like the commander. Can't say same about Hetzer and new OKW commander.
30 Oct 2015, 21:10 PM

I had 85, figured out the bug thanks :foreveralone:

Here's how I believe it happened to me:

1st Pershing got shot and went "out of control."

During out of control phase, Pershing call-in stopped being greyed out, so I tried to call it back in.

Only problem is the game thinks the previous "out of control" Pershing is still on the field.

Result: takes your money for the Pershing and puts the call-in on cooldown.

Brutal bug.
30 Oct 2015, 21:19 PM

Permanently Banned

Here's how I believe it happened to me:

1st Pershing got shot and went "out of control."

During out of control phase, Pershing call-in stopped being greyed out, so I tried to call it back in.

Only problem is the game thinks the previous "out of control" Pershing is still on the field.

Result: takes your money for the Pershing and puts the call-in on cooldown.

Brutal bug.

have not encountered this bug myself. Only that I tried to call in my first Pershing after I heard it was available and the icon was clikable. Fuel and MP got taken away, but no Pershing. :foreveralone:
30 Oct 2015, 21:48 PM

No, Pershing is 100% fine right now. There are much more important issues, like the leaf-blowing flame hetzer.
30 Oct 2015, 21:55 PM

Seems like it has only 45 range.

Possibly a bug because the gun has a 0 25 50 profile but max range is set to 45.
30 Oct 2015, 22:13 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 16:23 PMIGOR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdJPd9nJSfA

at 0:40 we can clearly see how the pershing definitely defeats that panther :D

hmmm,
this sucks.
thanks for the video.
at this cost I would like the Pershing to really win head on.
And it is not like the Pershing so much faster than a panther.....

30 Oct 2015, 22:46 PM

Pershing feels more of a medium tank than a Heavy tank, don't feel it worth the 230 fu. it won against P4 easily, but have trouble head on with Panther, and need run from tiger, and only scratching tiger, tiger 1 shot feelts nearly took out 1/3 of Pershing Health, while Pershing 1 shot can only take out 1/8 of tiger.

for rangers it is felts like a shock that cost 400 and need 90mu upgrade. haven't test out if it holds bar or bazooka yet, but indeed it drop infantry like flies like commando, but it only have 1 nade, no smoke and other things feels it need more skills to use (the only elite infantry only had 1 skill)
31 Oct 2015, 00:04 AM
Patrion 14

I see the Pershing as a sort of fast KT. It deflects Shrecks consistantly, which is all I need as USF really.

It might be overpriced, but not for USF, USF still has the strongest early AND mid game.

The pacing is off though, you can't tech captain + stuart then go major + sherman and still expect to call in a pershing at 13 (14?) CP. Which is fine, I actually think Relic nailed it.

Though it might be more of a teambased commander, I just had a game were I had 1 sherman, a jackson and a pershing. My jackson up front could easily survive 5 volk squads + shrecks volleys, they had to retreat before they could finish it off. My opponent couldn't do anything even with his panther + jP. Though skill level wise it was not really balanced.

Not to mention that USF still has the decrew pop cap abuse ability, which is "intended". You can always outnumber your enemy tanks with your tanks if you manage to keep them alive.

USF is probadly the strongest faction from early/mid and arguably late game, though of course a pak 43 and/or other strategic play counters this commander.

Edit: When thinking about it, this doctrine is really kinda bland and doesn't at all change your whole strategy up. It's not like all other doctrines USF has that really changes your stock army up, like M10s, WC51s, Aiborne company. It's like a low budget commander, paired with Rangers without any abilities which you can use to support other troops is against USF design. USF is designed as giant support army, this commander is not with that in mind.
31 Oct 2015, 00:38 AM

I don't know whether I just had some bad RNG using the Pershing, but it was getting shredded by a Shrek blob which I thought wouldn't happen w/ 290 armor. It was also being penetrated pretty hard by Raketens.

I don't think you can have a ~230 fuel heavy tank w/ 800 HP. It's way too much of an investment that can be lost way too easily, especially w/ all the insanely strong Axis AT units like the Pak-43, Jagd, Elefant, KT, etc. The rest of America's glass cannons are ok because they are cheap and expendable, but the Pershing is not, and while you have a little more room for error, it is not nearly enough to justify its cost.

It either needs more HP to be a little more survivable or it needs a fuel cost reduction. Other than that, I guess it's fine, no matter how ridiculous it is that a tank that expensive can't reliably penetrate a Panther or better.
31 Oct 2015, 02:16 AM

I agree.
The Pershing definitely does not feel like a 230 Fuel tank, nor one that should be limited to just 1. I'm finding I constantly have to retreat it since it takes damage so easily.

Given that it historically was only slightly better than a Panther, I think it should be re-adjusted, both in cost and stats, to be that way. And then remove the limit of 1 and make it buildable from the Battalion building just like the Easy Eight is.
31 Oct 2015, 04:50 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I like it a lot. Only thing I would change would maybe lower the fuel price to 210 and make it take longer to vet.
31 Oct 2015, 06:03 AM

I agree.
The Pershing definitely does not feel like a 230 Fuel tank, nor one that should be limited to just 1. I'm finding I constantly have to retreat it since it takes damage so easily.

Given that it historically was only slightly better than a Panther, I think it should be re-adjusted, both in cost and stats, to be that way. And then remove the limit of 1 and make it buildable from the Battalion building just like the Easy Eight is.

that wud be nice so that way we can field as many M26 Pershings as our pop cap can afford us just like OKW's KT
31 Oct 2015, 06:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 00:04 AMLooney
I see the Pershing as a sort of fast KT.

Who can not win panther:hansRNG:

Pershing feels more of a medium tank than a Heavy tank, don't feel it worth the 230 fu.

I agree.
The Pershing definitely does not feel like a 230 Fuel tank, nor one that should be limited to just 1.

My teammate says same thing plus in his opinion 13 CP too much too.
31 Oct 2015, 07:17 AM

His only problem is the german AT and players cocknees.
In 90% of 100% its better to rush shermans and then support him with jackson than waiting for heavy tank pershing.

It is something like TA - fininsher tank ,not tank that you should count on it nor it will win you games by itlself
31 Oct 2015, 07:27 AM

But i still think m10 abuse "working as intended" do better job than this situational tank
31 Oct 2015, 07:28 AM
Patrion 14

i honestly think pershing is just fine.

anyone proactively using its 90 muni environment piercing shot?
theoretically it has infinite range as long as the terrain is perfectly flat.

Phy
31 Oct 2015, 08:43 AM

Panther>Pershing and everybody who has played a bit this patch knows it.

Pershing right now it's a risky tank. It can do a great job and give you the win whereas can be blown up so easy and you lose the game due to the relation survability/cost of the tank. To be fair it should be given a buff in terms of hp to make it cost/efficient. But I prefer this type of releases rather than a mega OP pershing nerfed into death next patch.

Anyway what bothers me right now it's not Pershing. Performance and units totally erased from the battlefield should be high priority now. All in all Pershing can still be a viable choice -not like kv1 f.e.-
31 Oct 2015, 08:54 AM

Its in a sweet spot (amazingly) now, it all seems to fit nicely, any reduction in fuel would need you to tech to Major (like the easy 8) in my opinion. Its just too easy to stall into it without teching if the cost is reduced.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS