Login

russian armor

Flame Hetzer Blows

PAGES (8)down
aaa
30 Oct 2015, 06:42 AM

okw sucks so hard that
1. it can blob into anything wiping everything on the way.
2. can get medium puma before you can get light vehicle. That is unconterable at this stage if you have comander without guards.
3. fals that overperforms for 38x4=112 mp
4. cheapest tech tree in game 600/160 while it gives acces to everithing you can dream of.
30 Oct 2015, 06:43 AM

I think the sturm pio flamer should be really good and interesting.
Since you would wanna stay at max range against flamers to out range the flames, the sturm pio falls short. but if you get cought in a closer engagement, you will have to move out of cover to negate some flame damage, but then the sturm pios will tear you apart. I havnt gotten a chance to play new patch yet though.
30 Oct 2015, 06:48 AM

Typical relic balance. Nerfing a units damage by 40%.

I don't see myself making a KV8 again.

Mission accomplished I guess. A lot of people around here would rather see units nerfed into uselessness due to their own shitty bias instead of balancing them.
30 Oct 2015, 06:48 AM

its kinda funny cause the croc main gun does like 80 damage or something
30 Oct 2015, 06:49 AM

Played 3 rounds as allies and 1 as axis. I played one game as the British and noticed that commandos are definitely less potent and not A kickers anymore. I still think they are going to be useful just have to be very cautious. The wasp is really solid now. I like its new fit. Centaur seems
More or less in the right spot. Don't have any crocodile commanders and I haven't tried flame Hetzer or KV-8 so can't comment there too much but my ally's Hetzer seemed to do OKish against troops so long as they were in cover or garrisoned.
30 Oct 2015, 06:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 06:48 AMArclyte
Typical relic balance. Nerfing a units damage by 40%.

I don't see myself making a KV8 again.

Mission accomplished I guess. A lot of people around here would rather see units nerfed into uselessness due to their own shitty bias instead of balancing them.

I think the problem is they first reduced KV-8 but second they reduced how often flames do DOT by almost 50% so it was a double nerf.
30 Oct 2015, 07:20 AM

Relic won't stop until it's USF/Brits vs Soviets in 1v1 Automatch.

Invent mirror matches then people would Realize What's broken when they need to taste their own medicine :^)
30 Oct 2015, 07:25 AM

Permanently Banned

I think the problem is they first reduced KV-8 but second they reduced how often flames do DOT by almost 50% so it was a double nerf.

Yeah seriously nobody asked for something of this. Sure nerf DoT thats fine. But not by 60%, 35% seems more appropriate. Then on top of huge huge nerf to flame weapons on kv8 and hetzer. Damage could easily be raised to 13-14 and be perfect.
30 Oct 2015, 07:26 AM

The most interesting this about the axis flamer tank is that the allies versions are famous for their mighty armour/hp, but this poor things!!! well...

I don't even consider comparing it to Crocodile, but just compare it to the KV8. Let's be honest the OKW flame panzer is an absolute piece of shit!
30 Oct 2015, 07:26 AM

The same they did with Pack Howies, LeIG and all those stuff. Just overnerfing the shit out of units. Why can't they just fix it good. Like a JPz4, JP4 and Puma of the OKW never got biffs or nerfs and are in the right spot. Except bug fixes ofc
30 Oct 2015, 07:28 AM

I don't get this community.
If the new commanders were like windustry and elite bitches at their launch, they would howl like wolfs at the moon blaming Relic for ruining balance.
Now, that Relic finaly issued some new NOT OP commanders, you cry that they perform bad. Who could finally understand what you want, anyways....?

30 Oct 2015, 07:33 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 07:28 AMJohnnyB
I don't get this community.
If the new commanders were like windustry and elite bitches at their launch, they would howl like wolfs at the moon blaming Relic for ruining balance.
Now, that Relic finaly issued some new NOT OP commanders, you cry that they perform bad. Who could finally understand what you want, anyways....?

Johnny, dont be blinded. Ever think its possible that theres some legitimately bad balance with the new patch? A flame hetzer and kv8 that got super double nerfed with flame damage nerf by 40% damage and 60% dot reduction. A flame hetzer that has stupidly high vet requirement making its vet worthless. Same can be said for kv8 and brummbar. The flame hetzer doesn't have remote mg. Pershing can fire armor piercing round immediately after firing main gun. Sturmpioneer flamethrower lackluster as hell. Pack howitzers and isgs not only get stat nerfs (which are fine) but also artificial micro tax nerf.

Plus a bunch of other balance issues that have been discussed but still never fixed. People play one game and can already see these issues. You can't trust that everything is fine and dandy with the kind of "balance" relic shoves onto us every fucking time a patch comes around. They never stop making OP/UP units that everyone easily notices, and make the same mistakes over and over in one way or another. This patch is not what it should of been. What sense is there nerfing something broken into uselessness or releasing very noticeable unbalanced content. Why can't they notice this, why can't they fix this. Why do we have to keep making these threads over and over to fix issues that should have been ironed out after a few games in an alpha test.

The incompetency, its just overwhelming, frustrating, and quite frankly maddening.
30 Oct 2015, 07:50 AM

Im not sure if Hetzer or KV8 really suck.
I mean, we get used to use KV8 agasint full health squad and wipe it in second.
From what Ive seen, KV8 or Hetzer are still deadly agasint infantry, but not agasint full health.
I mean, models drop like flies under 50% of health.
I consider this as a good change (no more standin in front of AT gun and killing it in sec), tho I need to play more with them.
30 Oct 2015, 07:58 AM
Patrion 28

hetzer does almost no damage with the flamer and almost no damage with the flame dot. trash right now.
30 Oct 2015, 07:59 AM

The real question is how does the flame hetzer compare to the Wasp, halftrack or KV8 now that incendiary damage across the board was reduced.

Flame vehicles were normalized.

WASP deals as much damage as crocodile and everything between the two.

People cried that flame tanks OP so they got a nerf, I don't think anyone sane expected hetzer not to get this nerf as well.
30 Oct 2015, 08:02 AM

I was expecting that the new commander offers an equal opportunity compared to okw meta commanders. Unfortunately is more of a gimmick commander that won't be picked in serious games.

Sturmpios with flame throwers are nice, but when you think about it it's pretty lousy commander ability, as it's also a stock upgrade for other factions (sov/ost).
Usf get flamers on doctrinal units (ass engis) or rifles which offers more tactical depth because those units offer more utility and you can put different upgrades on them.

The flame hetzer is just wasted fuel, as it performs worse than a Ostwind, needs more pop and costs the same. Moreover it can be completely shut down by two at guns. As it has low armour and needs only 4 shots to be destroyed. The kv8 has at least some armour that protects him. Yet the time you need to gather the resources for flame hetzer & kv8 is the same thanks to okw fuel penalty.

The Stuka barrage is something that was needed since release as it counters soviet arty. But then again arty is not meta any longer, so the off map was more needed in the past than it is now.

Also muni intensive commander on a faction with decreased munitions income is a bad combo and leaves you too vulnerable in other fields, since you can't plant mines, throw nades or upgrade your other infantry when using the abilities the commander offers.
30 Oct 2015, 08:03 AM
Patrion 15

Keep things respectful everyone. :-)
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak