Login

russian armor

replace the volks schreck with mp44+faust.

30 Oct 2015, 01:32 AM

How about giving conscript panzerstreck upgrade? Giving cons AT option doesnt make them suddenly OP right?

Sometime, give a thought what would happen if the opposite faction get the same treatment, do you accept it or not? That would save a lot of terrible arguments.

Relic gives volk AT role. Try to follow that path instead.

Indeed it would not make them OP. DO give them shreks i do not care. But the question is: if the volks are the AT squad where is the AI squad? its not their its in the flak building. So unless you want to cripple yourself by buying 4-5 volks for early game engagements you are forced to rely on FSJ's or fusiliers.

Obers need to be put in the mech truck (and the lmg upgrade should be at the flak truck) and before you say: well you can rely on fsj's and fusiliers. Commanders are not their to cover imbalances of the okw but to enhance strategies.
30 Oct 2015, 02:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 22:42 PMZyllen

If zooka blob is not a valid tactic the neither is the shrek blob people are blabbering about. Sure shrek has more punching power but the zooka has a higher rof and is significantly cheaper.

The point im making however is before , katitof used a shitty strawmen argument , is that giving the volks an AI option doesnt make them suddenly OP.
Schrek blobs have been a huge tactic in the past, and while cheesy and easily countered, is still very effective and still used commonly in everything except 1v1. A pack of six schreks will one shot the vast majority of allies non-doctrinal armor.
30 Oct 2015, 04:19 AM

Can we at least have a squad leader, even if tiered, like VCoH? Give him mp44 and squad upgrade to 2 mp40, with faust. remove schreck and add schrecks to obers, in an either or fashion. or makes obers have similar upgrade pattern to storm-troopers from VCoH
30 Oct 2015, 04:35 AM

Vet 3 Double LMG Tommies can take on LMG Oberdoldaten until Vet 4, so Obersoldaten aren't really the answer here, especially due to cost. You cannot field an Ober squad for every Tommy.

Sorry but I don't think this is accurate. Out of cover, vet 2 obers can stand up to them. When both are in cover, they lose more than they win for sure at vet 2. When they get to vet3, obers win handily, even with both in cover.

But I also don't think this is unreasonable, the british player spends a bunch of resources on upgrades for their squads, they should be able to stand up to heavy infantry in cover that only need 1 60 munition upgrade.
30 Oct 2015, 04:39 AM

the current ober should really be cheaper. 360 mp and 9 pop.

the veterancy bonus on the rifleman and tommies get ridiculous. Conscript get better veterancy due to their lack of common upgrade, but the rifleman and tommies have easy access to lmg/bar.

Ober vet is pretty ridiculous too.

But anyway we're talking about volks, which don't need a mp44 upgrade. You got sturms for that, and they get pretty beefy with vet too.
30 Oct 2015, 08:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 17:22 PMSikko

I agree. Give 'em nothing-merge, nothing-snare, nothing-sixthmember and nothing-doctrinal-upgrades.

Merge: I don't use this abilty, and i watch casts nearly no one using it, it isnt that usefull.

Cosnripts needs sixth member and Oorah because their close range weapon profile, u need to get close range to kill something with em. That means high risc so they have sixth member and oorah.
U can stay behind cover and use long range advante of your volks safley, i don't think they need sixth member.
At nades isnt good as old days most of the time fails to penetrate = waste of muni, unless u flank your enemy. I really wouldnt mind if volks gets pfaust.

Doctorial-upgrades in most useless comanders - get shock troops commander instead of conscript upgrade commanders so u can get heavy tanks at late game.

Volks gets free nade, conscripts pay to unlock nades meh, delays medium tank rush.
30 Oct 2015, 08:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 04:39 AMZeaviS

Ober vet is pretty ridiculous too.

But anyway we're talking about volks, which don't need a mp44 upgrade. You got sturms for that, and they get pretty beefy with vet too.

If we make obers cheaper, we should also change the name, they are currently embarassing to the title "elite troops"

or, just return them to their original glory, to combat rangers that riflemen death blobs effectively.
30 Oct 2015, 08:51 AM

Do that, and give them panzerfausts and mp40 upgrade(with buffs to medium and long range accuracy like the thompsons/ppshs had) with mechanized halftrack vehicles being 10-20% cheaper and I might actually have fun playing OKW aggressively early game like relic wanted me too :snfPeter:

thompson/ppsh both doctorial comes at 3 cp not that early game u know, okw and usf needs more commanders imo.
30 Oct 2015, 09:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 04:35 AMZeaviS

Sorry but I don't think this is accurate. Out of cover, vet 2 obers can stand up to them. When both are in cover, they lose more than they win for sure at vet 2. When they get to vet3, obers win handily, even with both in cover.

But I also don't think this is unreasonable, the british player spends a bunch of resources on upgrades for their squads, they should be able to stand up to heavy infantry in cover that only need 1 60 munition upgrade.

How many obers are you going to have in comparison to the IS? Thats the balance problem. when obers finally hit the field a brit player can easily have 4-5 IS and at the rate they gain vet it becomes impossible for obers to do anything against them.
30 Oct 2015, 09:32 AM
Patrion 14

The ability to reinforce every infantry unit everywhere on the field for the cost of a conscript model is one of the best in game. If you cannont see this, well then I won't make any more effort to explain.
30 Oct 2015, 09:44 AM

Yes, you "CAN" make zook blobs. You also "CAN" build an army of nothing but snipers. That doesn't mean you can actually discuss it like it is at all a viable tactic.

Its works better than a schreck blob. Especially with rangers to cover the AI.
Hat
30 Oct 2015, 10:13 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkssturm

Reskin volks into this so that it makes sense for them to be shitty AT carriers.
30 Oct 2015, 11:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 10:13 AMHat

Reskin volks into this so that it makes sense for them to be shitty AT carriers.

Why don't just give them automatic weapons and a panzerfaust?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volksgrenadier
30 Oct 2015, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 09:27 AMZyllen

How many obers are you going to have in comparison to the IS? Thats the balance problem. when obers finally hit the field a brit player can easily have 4-5 IS and at the rate they gain vet it becomes impossible for obers to do anything against them.

But those 5 squads of IS aren't vet3 with double brens as soon as you get your first ober squad, if they are, you probably lost already. And it's not like, your whole army is just 1 ober squad, you still have them plus all the other stuff you've built up until that point.
30 Oct 2015, 19:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 09:32 AMSikko
The ability to reinforce every infantry unit everywhere on the field for the cost of a conscript model is one of the best in game. If you cannont see this, well then I won't make any more effort to explain.

the model retain the conscript's low durability. merging a con into a guard or shocktrooper is going to cause uneven survivability.
30 Oct 2015, 23:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 16:12 PMZeaviS

But those 5 squads of IS aren't vet3 with double brens as soon as you get your first ober squad, if they are, you probably lost already. And it's not like, your whole army is just 1 ober squad, you still have them plus all the other stuff you've built up until that point.

No they are not vet 3 or dual bren but they are well on their way there. And the " other stuff" i take it you mean VG's and SP's but they are simply not capable at that point to defeat rifles/IS or soviet elite infantry.

So you are forced using either fusiliers or fsj. This is a rather major imbalance and obers need to be moved to the mech truck.
Hat
31 Oct 2015, 08:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 01:32 AMZyllen

Indeed it would not make them OP. DO give them shreks i do not care. But the question is: if the volks are the AT squad where is the AI squad?

Whats this?

OKW has tons of AI infantry. Obers, Sturms, Jaeger, Fusiliers etc.

People say Obers are shit but they're fantastic when properly screened or against any SU infantry. They pick HMGS pretty brilliantly as well.
1 Nov 2015, 14:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2015, 10:13 AMHat

I dont think is a good idea to put child models into the game. Volkssturm where for defence of your home and suburb, nothing more. to prevent the **** **** by soviet forces.

Municipal organization:
-A Bataillon (battalion) in every Kreis (roughly equivalent to a U.S. county; there were 920 Kreise in Greater Germany)
-A Kompanie (company) in every Ortsgruppe
-A Zug (platoon) in every Zelle (literally "a cell"; roughly equivalent to a U.S. precinct)
-A Gruppe (squad) in every Block (city block)

The majority of Volkssturm were children under 13, led by a wounded veteran, and supplemented with a one or 2 old men.

they were armed with whatever they could find, most often WWI era weapons.
and the occasional panzerfaust, not panzerschreck.

putting volkssturm in would be far more offensive than putting in the SS.

and they would not be effective combatants.

Although, they did die with courage.

Volksgrenadiers, were elite and heavily armed troops with lower numbers due to Germany's manpower constraints, so this was compensated for with a prolific amount of machine guns, grenades and the disposable panzerschreck.
1 Nov 2015, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 08:20 AMHat

Whats this?

People say Obers are shit but they're fantastic when properly screened or against any SU infantry. They pick HMGS pretty brilliantly as well.

What if you want to use 3/7 doctrines without call-in infantry?

Should we begin to say penals are good also?
1 Nov 2015, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2015, 08:20 AMHat

Whats this?

Actually SP's and JLI are support units. they dont do much on their own so i dont call them AI units.

obers fsj and fusiliers are the AI units. 2 of them are doctrine and UNLIKE the SU taking a doctrine is something you need think carefully about because every doctrine has a very specific way of playing.

So only obers remain and they simply arrive to late and vet to slowly. putting the obers in the mech truck is best solution and you dont need to drmatically alter the vg's.

Globally the okw needs a major vet requirement reduction. Its far to high at the moment.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★