Login

russian armor

Remove the Weapon Racks from USF, add something else

27 Oct 2015, 00:32 AM

Why the USF is confined to an archaic, limited system to upgrade their weapons is beyond me. Every other faction either gets their weapons stock with the unit or can upgrade it in the field .

What would make more sense is to let USF upgrade in the field for 60 munitions or grab weapons back at base if you happened to retreat there for a 50 munitions cost. The 10 less munitions cost would represent the logistical effort to move the weapons out to the troops on the front.

I constantly find myself playing USF sitting on munitions that I cannot spend on weapons back at base, because If I retreat my forces to reequip them, the enemy will move and take map control.

Why do OKW, Soviets, and Ostheer get to avoid this opportunity cost to equip their troops. Wasn't the highlight of the USF faction versatility? This is anything but, by forcing this on USF players.

The rack idea is so half-hearted in execution. The only commander specific upgrade that requires the rack is M1919 LMG, and even then, they ditch it for paratroopers that can upgrade it by themselves, and get two of them.

There are also mods out there that just gives Rifles and RETs the standard upgrade options for the rack weapons.

People are still introducing ideas that expand on the terrible idea that you are forced to retrieve weapons from your base or some useless supply truck instead of just upgrading them in the field, after you research the tech, like every other faction. These suggestions are unnecessary.

You don't think they could let you buy one weapon at a time in the field? You could still customize your men in the field with the system the other three factions use. For example; one BAR one Bazooka 60 munitions each, upgraded separately in the field.

There is a better system to customize weapon load outs among US troops and than this current one. Retreating back to base to pick up weapons is extremely detrimental to the USF play style of maintaining a field presence at all times (Major/Ambulance).

British have somewhat of the same problem as well, but not as bad. If these changes were to be made, they should benefit from it as well.

My feelings regarding this when people try to defend weapon racks

27 Oct 2015, 00:34 AM

Would like to incorporate a portable weapons rack, at least, in the form of a vehicle or a structure engineers can put down.
27 Oct 2015, 00:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 00:34 AMHorasu
Would like to incorporate a portable weapons rack, at least, in the form of a vehicle or a structure engineers can put down.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 00:32 AMProBro

People are still introducing ideas that expand on the terrible idea that you are forced to retrieve weapons from your base or some useless supply truck instead of just upgrading them in the field, after you research the tech, like every other faction. These suggestions are unnecessary.

27 Oct 2015, 00:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 00:38 AMProBro

I admit, tl;dr because I'm lazy. But that doesn't make the idea bad. I still like it.
27 Oct 2015, 00:47 AM

I like that as Brits, i can pick up weapons at the Forward Assembly.

The purpose of picking up weapons is that any squad with a weapon slot can use the weapons.
27 Oct 2015, 00:49 AM

But without weapon racks how will I deck out my rear echelons and pathfinders with bars?

Or have my soon to be triple bar rangers of doom?

Racks aren't just for the rifles.
27 Oct 2015, 00:52 AM

But without weapon racks how will I deck out my rear echelons and pathfinders with bars?

Or have my soon to be triple bar rangers of doom?

Racks aren't just for the rifles.

How hard is it to understand that even rear echelons would be allowed access to the upgrade just as Grenadiers have access to upgrade the LMG42?

Why is it that hard for people to grasp? Just allow all USF infantry to upgrade Bazookas, BARs, or other doctrinal weapons.
27 Oct 2015, 00:54 AM

Nothing wrong with weapon racks, stop being a scrub.

The only time this is annoying is when the base isn't rotated properly on the map and you have to run to the far end of your base to grab upgrades.
27 Oct 2015, 00:57 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 00:52 AMProBro

How hard is it to understand that even rear echelons would be allowed access to the upgrade just as Grenadiers have access to upgrade the LMG42?

Why is it that hard for people to grasp? Just allow all USF infantry to upgrade Bazookas, BARs, or other doctrinal weapons.

Upgrades are ok, its a tradeoff - you can upgrade any squad but you have to come back to base. Still much better than wehr or soviets who have to run back home on retreat and soviets also to heal. Also how do you imagine paras having 4 upgrades while UI allows maximum of 3 choices?
27 Oct 2015, 00:59 AM

Nothing wrong with weapon racks, stop being a scrub.

Yes there is, quit being obtuse or else.

27 Oct 2015, 01:01 AM

Upgrades are ok, its a tradeoff - you can upgrade any squad but you have to come back to base. Still much better than wehr or soviets who have to run back home on retreat and soviets also to heal. Also how do you imagine paras having 4 upgrades while UI allows maximum of 3 choices?

That's a different problem with those two factions that should be addressed as well. Lacking a forward retreat cripples those factions. Also, Paratroopers would still have only two weapon slots, use your noggin, dude.
27 Oct 2015, 01:10 AM

Yeah u can take zooka as Lieutenant or more bars couse why not ?

Also u can give bars or zookas for pathfinders so... i think that racks are fine.
27 Oct 2015, 01:22 AM

Permanently Banned
Remove dual equipping for upgrading in the field. Ya ok.
27 Oct 2015, 01:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 01:01 AMProBro

That's a different problem with those two factions that should be addressed as well. Lacking a forward retreat cripples those factions. Also, Paratroopers would still have only two weapon slots, use your noggin, dude.

You know how to read bro ?
He said that UI can't hold 4 icons only 3 are allowed and u are talking about weapon slots...
27 Oct 2015, 01:46 AM

Two posts crying to make the USF stronger. I never say this but...L2P. Please post player card.
27 Oct 2015, 02:01 AM

I like the weapon racks. Having your soldiers suddenly pull out LMGs and Bazookas in the middle of a gunfight is silly.
27 Oct 2015, 02:05 AM

I like the weapon racks. Having your soldiers suddenly pull out LMGs and Bazookas in the middle of a gunfight is silly.

Then apply that logic to every faction.
27 Oct 2015, 02:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2015, 02:05 AMProBro

Then apply that logic to every faction.

Apply every faction's units to wield any of their weapons, and be able to wield two of them?
27 Oct 2015, 02:12 AM

Yep pls remove everything that makes a faction unique...
27 Oct 2015, 02:19 AM

bearing in mind the previous context that a player had to choose which one to unlock in service of the dream scenario of one actually needing to make an important decision regarding mid-game utility too bad what actually happened was lolsherman rushing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★